JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In addition to what has already been mentioned, i was very interested in the new Watchtower PewView Edition Apache. Only thing that kept me from ordering one was the wait time (114 concerns) and then reports that the first models to reach customers the lower frame was not up to standards. Sounds like Watchtower is rectifying it though.

Also if you hadnt seen, the Stealth Arms Platypus now has the new lower frame option, which looks much better IMO. And of course their online customizer is insane- you can spend hours playing on it and all the colors/options!

I have 3 Staccatos (C2, P, and XC) as well as as Wilson Combat EDC X9, among many other guns. I will say there is a reason why Staccatos are so popular- they arent cheap, but they actually kinda are for the 2011 world, which gets crazy expensive really fast. They actually hit a nice 'middle' ground which there aren't many options ironically in the 2011 world- you either have 'cheap' Bul Armory/Springfield, or crazy expensive $6-7K customs. I know it sounds insane to say that Staccato is 'mid' tier, but they are in the 2011 world. Someday I will have an Atlas, and the two models they just released at SHOT show with porting are VERY tempting, but also almost $7k, with a 6 month wait that could butt up against any Measure 114 actions, so I am hesitant to place an order for something with a long wait. I also would love to place an order for a Nighthawk Sandhawk, however same problem. That is one of the reasons why last month i bought the Staccato XC instead, as those are sold out all over as well, however was able to find one in stock.

You mention interest in Wilson, and yeah if your order straight from them there is the same long wait. However check out Modern Warriors in Utah- they have A LOT of Wilsons in stock, and very often run great deals on them. I was able to get my EDCX9 for 15% off. Key to it is that you have to find the model that has the exact features you want, and there are so many options sometimes it is hard to find one. I have the extra problem of being a lefty, and many models do not come with ambi safety, so that limits things.

^ I'm a Wilson fan. If I could order one without the fear of ip114 coming back to haunt, I'd totally do it.
You may already know this, but check out Modern Warriors in Utah- they are the #1 Wilson dealer, and always have a lot of them in stock ready to ship. They also constantly offer sales- was able to get my EDC X9 from them for 15% off, and was shipped out same day, really good service. Also, because I am a lefty, it really limited my options. When I contacted them it was right when all the crap was really hitting the fan with 114, and so i didnt want to wait and miss out, however at the time they did not have a model with the specific features I wanted showing in stock on their website. I contacted them, and ended up corresponding with their primary guy who is their main buyer for Wilson. He was able to show me not only what they had in stock, but what was COMING- what they had on order from Wilson, and what was in the pipeline to arrive, including estimated timeline for their arrival. Meaning able to see 'behind the curtain' as to what would be coming in stock. He was VERY helpful, and was able to get what i wanted options wise with the EDCX9, which might have sold out if I hadnt done that. Cant recommend them enough.

You may already know this, but check out Modern Warriors in Utah- they are the #1 Wilson dealer, and always have a lot of them in stock ready to ship. They also constantly offer sales- was able to get my EDC X9 from them for 15% off, and was shipped out same day, really good service. Also, because I am a lefty, it really limited my options. When I contacted them it was right when all the crap was really hitting the fan with 114, and so i didnt want to wait and miss out, however at the time they did not have a model with the specific features I wanted showing in stock on their website. I contacted them, and ended up corresponding with their primary guy who is their main buyer for Wilson. He was able to show me not only what they had in stock, but what was COMING- what they had on order from Wilson, and what was in the pipeline to arrive, including estimated timeline for their arrival. Meaning able to see 'behind the curtain' as to what would be coming in stock. He was VERY helpful, and was able to get what i wanted options wise with the EDCX9, which might have sold out if I hadnt done that. Cant recommend them enough.
I hate you.

I hate you.
I hate me too- ;-) now that i have the EDC X9, i now want the SFX. My 'problem' is the ambi safety- for some reason Wilson continues to only put them on as an option for a very limited number of guns they build, so it really hinders me. However if you dont have that problem like me of being raised by witches, then there are many in stock right now, and more roll in every week. I REALLy want a SFX with the 3" barrel, light rail, optic cut. They have one in stock right now, with all the features I want, except no ambi safety. I know it can be added but I hate shipping guns/worry about it getting lost/stolen, and then being without the guns for months.

Not to make things worse for you- but they are currently offering a $750 gift card promotion- buy a Wilson over $3k, and you get a $750 gift card to anything on their site. So basically you could buy a Wilson, get a 'free' $750 pistol with it, of your choice. ;-)

I hate me too- ;-) now that i have the EDC X9, i now want the SFX. My 'problem' is the ambi safety- for some reason Wilson continues to only put them on as an option for a very limited number of guns they build, so it really hinders me. However if you dont have that problem like me of being raised by witches, then there are many in stock right now, and more roll in every week. I REALLy want a SFX with the 3" barrel, light rail, optic cut. They have one in stock right now, with all the features I want, except no ambi safety. I know it can be added but I hate shipping guns/worry about it getting lost/stolen, and then being without the guns for months.

Not to make things worse for you- but they are currently offering a $750 gift card promotion- buy a Wilson over $3k, and you get a $750 gift card to anything on their site. So basically you could buy a Wilson, get a 'free' $750 pistol with it, of your choice. ;-)

I was looking at $750 worth of 18 round magazines :s0140:

I was looking at $750 worth of 18 round magazines :s0140:
EXACTLY! Funny you say that- after I bought my EDC X9 from them back about 4-5 months ago, same as you I started ordering mags, as I like to keep a minimum of 10 for each gun. For 2011s that sucks money wise ;-) . I actually needed to order something straight from Wilson, and so placed an order for the parts as well as some EDC X9 mags. At the time, Wilson refused to ship the mags!!! Stating that they couldnt as it was against the law now for Oregon. I tried to educate them, but at the time they wouldn't do it. That may have changed now. I found it funny that i was telling them that I had just received the gun and mags from their #1 dealer, but they were still saying they couldnt do it. So of course I just went and placed an order for the extra mags with Moderns Warriors, and they shipped out right away, no questions asked. Nice thing about the EDC X9 mags is that they are the same as the SFX line, so if you decide like me to eventually get another one, it is the same mags.

That is actually one of the reasons I bought a Staccato C2 rather than the new CS, as it takes the new 'slimmer' mags, and I already had a pretty good stock of regular Staccato/2011 mags. Oh i guess that would be another plus for Staccato/2011 style guns, is that guns like Atlas/Staccato all take the same/similar pattern mags . . .

Freaking 2011s- going to make me homeless. But I will be homeless with some kick bubblegum pistols!! ;-)

EXACTLY! Funny you say that- after I bought my EDC X9 from them back about 4-5 months ago, same as you I started ordering mags, as I like to keep a minimum of 10 for each gun. For 2011s that sucks money wise ;-) . I actually needed to order something straight from Wilson, and so placed an order for the parts as well as some EDC X9 mags. At the time, Wilson refused to ship the mags!!! Stating that they couldnt as it was against the law now for Oregon. I tried to educate them, but at the time they wouldn't do it. That may have changed now. I found it funny that i was telling them that I had just received the gun and mags from their #1 dealer, but they were still saying they couldnt do it. So of course I just went and placed an order for the extra mags with Moderns Warriors, and they shipped out right away, no questions asked. Nice thing about the EDC X9 mags is that they are the same as the SFX line, so if you decide like me to eventually get another one, it is the same mags.

That is actually one of the reasons I bought a Staccato C2 rather than the new CS, as it takes the new 'slimmer' mags, and I already had a pretty good stock of regular Staccato/2011 mags. Oh i guess that would be another plus for Staccato/2011 style guns, is that guns like Atlas/Staccato all take the same/similar pattern mags . . .

Freaking 2011s- going to make me homeless. But I will be homeless with some kick bubblegum pistols!! ;-)
Only ten each? Weak.

Last Edited:
Been looking closer at the masterpiece. 20% deposit, 16 week lead time. Would be here at the peak of the summer shooting fun...

Wilson combat would be hard to beat be a long time before that in my budget. Got three daughters lol.

The kimber KDS9C is more my price range but I will be waiting awhile before I can even get that. Seems like there is a few good reviews out on it.

Buy this so I don't have to.
i see someone has been spending time rummaging through Modern Warriors listings . . . ;-). Experior line is great if you want to keep the traditional 1911 upper, but go double stack. Should fit in any 1911 holsters you currently have. For me unless it is going to be purely a range piece or collectors item, I have to have a light rail, as any gun I have that may be used in home/self defense has a light on it. And then no red dot cut, which for some that may not matter. For me I wouldn't buy that one as mentioned because like many Wilsons it doesnt come with an ambi safety ;-(. In other words, it isnt for me, but TOTALLY for you ! ;-)

i see someone has been spending time rummaging through Modern Warriors listings . . . ;-). Experior line is great if you want to keep the traditional 1911 upper, but go double stack. Should fit in any 1911 holsters you currently have. For me unless it is going to be purely a range piece or collectors item, I have to have a light rail, as any gun I have that may be used in home/self defense has a light on it. And then no red dot cut, which for some that may not matter. For me I wouldn't buy that one as mentioned because like many Wilsons it doesnt come with an ambi safety ;-(. In other words, it isnt for me, but TOTALLY for you ! ;-)
Lol. I think I don't need it purely on having a bunch of standard capacity Langdon Tactical Beretta 92s and like 40 magazines. I may need an Alchemy Prime Elite if it comes up though.

Lol. I think I don't need it purely on having a bunch of standard capacity Langdon Tactical Beretta 92s and like 40 magazines. I may need an Alchemy Prime Elite if it comes up though.
How much is "a bunch" of Langdon Berettas exactly??

I have one- Langdon Beretta 92 elite with all the options- np3, optic cut, trigger job. It is BY FAR my favorite trigger, and probably one of my favorite handguns out of all of my collection, which includes the Wilson, multiple Legions, Staccato XC etc- the Langdon Beretta really is that good! I would take it over any of the lower tier 2011 options being talked about on this thread. Yes different trigger in DA/SA vs 1911 SA, but man the reset on it is just amazing and so smooth. Langdon knows what he is doing with those triggers, and for $1799 or less, really an incredible value. . .

How much is "a bunch" of Langdon Berettas exactly??

I have one- Langdon Beretta 92 elite with all the options- np3, optic cut, trigger job. It is BY FAR my favorite trigger, and probably one of my favorite handguns out of all of my collection, which includes the Wilson, multiple Legions, Staccato XC etc- the Langdon Beretta really is that good! I would take it over any of the lower tier 2011 options being talked about on this thread. Yes different trigger in DA/SA vs 1911 SA, but man the reset on it is just amazing and so smooth. Langdon knows what he is doing with those triggers, and for $1799 or less, really an incredible value. . .
LTT Elite Full Size & Compact, M9a4 with Langdon Trigger job and a 92x Performance. The compact is my alternate carry gun to the Wilson CQB Compact in Turnbull blue.

I had the full size out yesterday, and oh boy, even the DA trigger is fantastic.

LTT Elite Full Size & Compact, M9a4 with Langdon Trigger job and a 92x Performance. The compact is my alternate carry gun to the Wilson CQB Compact in Turnbull blue.

I had the full size out yesterday, and oh boy, even the DA trigger is fantastic.
Awesome! Oh man i bet that Wilson looks great- I have seen photos of that finish, and it just looks incredible! I think they also offer a case hardened version, saw some pics on their site where they had the blued upper with case hardened lower. Man jealous of that one!

I have been seriously looking at the 92 compact as a pair and for carry. However i was able to snag a CZ Shadow 2 Compact last month, as those are really hard to get right now and so had to jump on it, and MAN that is sweet too, especially for the price. Trigger is not quite as good as the Langdon but honestly it is close, and for $1200 it is really a sweet gun. OP, I know you were looking for 2011 alternatives to Staccato, but the Shadow 2 Compact deserves a look as well- there is a reason Shadows are some of the most popular competition guns, and often beat 2011s . . .

Awesome! Oh man i bet that Wilson looks great- I have seen photos of that finish, and it just looks incredible! I think they also offer a case hardened version, saw some pics on their site where they had the blued upper with case hardened lower. Man jealous of that one!
1000014611.jpg

I have a 4.25" Prodigy for sale if you want to get another duplicate. Comes with 10 mags, optic plate, and red dot too:D

Went playing at the range today with my prodigy as the star of the show. Before I knew it, I had shot at least 300 rounds through it. Was like a great big vacuum sucking up all my ammo and just reinforces how much fun the 2011 family of guns is. Having an even nicer one would make things that much more fun, I think