JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This probley isn`t a PREP topic but I guess it could be,If I lost or broke my glasses I`d be screwed.. having worn glasses for nearly 30 years I decided to get Lazik eye surgery.
I`m getting the procedure done on the 18th of this month and I`ll post a full review of the results.

good luck . make sure you read up on it ahead of time rather than right before you have it done.

I had it done its great but not without complications .

I now need glasses for anything up close . did not before.

the flap stuck to my eyelid while i was asleep and when i opened my eye it was like pulling a scab off my eyeball i still see fine out of it just not as good as the other.

driving at night is more difficult

still have to ware glasses to shoot ( for safety no other reason) I would shooting open sighted is much better without glasses .

would i do it again yes but probably would have looked more into PRK . hurts more and takes more time to heal but no flap

Good luck. I had it done last year and love it. Went from 20/800 or so to 20/15 in left and 20/30 in right...20/20 with both. Night vision did suffer a bit. same reasons as you...didn't want to get screwed if my glasses broke (or got knocked off!). Just follow your post-op instructions to the letter.

Good luck. I didn't have Lazik, but I had cataract surgery on both eyes several years ago. I had worn glasses for distance vision since I was 10 years old and now I have no trouble driving without glass, althought driving at night is troublesome. I do now wear reading glasses for some, but not all reading.

I was amazed that the prep time for the surgery took 4 times as long as the actual surgery. Sounds funny, but with they way I can see now the cataract surgery was one of the best things that ever happened to me.

I did mine three years back, I had the PRK version of the surgery; After a lot of research, the longer healing time was well worth NOT having a weak flap!

The best choice I ever had to counter act the Zombies...

Note: 20/15 on both with zero night vision issues or any other side effect.

I had Lasik ten years ago and it was a great decision. My vision was about 20/350 pre-surgery. I am still about 20/30 now. I had very little discomfort at all. Just a few eyedrops that night, and the next day I was like new.
The place was off 164th in Vancouver, toward Camas.

They did give me a choice - really good long vision and depth perception (I play tennis) or pretty decent vision and little need for reading glasses.

I chose the better long vision. That was before I got back into shooting sports. Now I wished I would have gone the other way because rear iron sights are fuzzy. That is why I gravitate toward optics and red dots now.

They left enough surface area for one more adjustment and at some point I'll get a tune up. Then I'll live with whatever is left until death.

I did mine three years back, I had the PRK version of the surgery; After a lot of research, the longer healing time was well worth NOT having a weak flap!

The best choice I ever had to counter act the Zombies...

Note: 20/15 on both with zero night vision issues or any other side effect.

Had I knew more about PRK at the time i have went with that for sure.

The surgery itself is almost automatic. When they measure your eyes make sure you are comfortable that the
operator is thorough and on the job. When mine were done the little t... mismeasured my right eye so I still wear
glasses. All in all it is a great thing however, good luck.

Had it done 10 years ago and love it. Went in for an exam last year and still GTG, although I bought some reading glasses I use occassionally (45 yrs old). The doc said if I hadn't told him he would have never known I had the surgery. Quality work.

My wife had Lasik 7 or 8 years ago and loves the results. She couldn't see much of anything without glasses or contacts. She hasn't needed to wear glasses for anything except threading a needle and I don't have to crawl around on my hands and knees looking for a lost contact anymore.

The downside?

I really believe she can see inside my head now and I know for a fact she can see where I am looking.....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top