JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've worn hard contact lenses since 1962 and glasses before that. Then switched to soft lenses for a year, then had cataract surgery. They replaced the lenses with new plastic ones with the correction built in. Now at 20/15 in both eyes rather than "what chart". Since then I've had two laser treatments since the capsule the lens is in got foggy. Now I'm back to the 20/15 vision other than have to wear the "Cheaters" for close work.
20/15 vision means that what a person with 20/20 vision can see at 15 feet I can see at 20 feet.

Hey guys great timing, I go in for a consult tomorrow. This last year I had to go with glasses, all those years of everybody telling me "stop that or you'll go blind" :cool: are catching up with me, It SUCKED KA KA during this last hunting season, clean the glasses, clean the scope, clean the binos by the end of the day I was tired of that.

Do you all mind revealing what you paid? Did insurance kick in? can I get a buy one eye get one eye free coupon?

Good luck on your surgery.:s0001:

I had lazik about 10 yrs ago. Good experience: actually did too much reading post op and needed a 'touch up' procedure. Chose mono-vision; left eye focus mid arms length right eye for distance. wow. I can read the newspaper down to want ads(left eye)....and still get 20/15 @distance(right eye). Brain makes adjustment effortlessly-you can't even tell it's happening. Shooting pistol iron sights now use left eye and sights are sharp,(fuzzy w/right eye) sighting took some getting used to, but works for me.

20/20 here and I had it done in Hungary for 1/3rd the cost and it was worth it....20/20 here, 20/15 in right eye but 20/20 together. I love it and it is the greatest decision I ever made.

The first day was quite painful but after that it was fine and dandy, it healed up and I suffer from nothing out of the ordinary... Night time is fine and dandy.
Cost me 1k USD for the surgery with meds and all the other stuff.

If it was me, I would check around for references before deciding on the Doctor. Not real sure, but this probably isn't a good time to go with the lowest bidder....

Like the others said I have some night vision issues. Glare off headlights is much worse now then before I had the surgery (6 years ago).

Also I will probably have to go in again and have another procedure completed because my right eye digressed a bit.

Left eye stayed 20/20 yet the right is 20/50. Just enough to be annoying.

Unlike the others though, I have zero problem reading up close.

All in all, after wearing glasses and contacts my entire life, being able to wake up and see the alarm clock is worth any trouble and money I have gone through.

People with good vision dont truly understand how lucky they are.

Got myself done in '98 or '99 (can't remember which) for $3,000.00 (which I wrote off my taxes as a medical expense!). Went in with 20/400, came out with 20/20 in the left, and 20/15 in the right after a PRK touch-up to compensate for a huge astigmatism that kept me to 20/30 post LASIK. My night vision wasn't affected, and never suffered the "halo effect" from lights at night.

It was THE BEST thing I ever spent money on, because it REALLY SUCKED wearing contacts when I was in the Army all those years... Although that still beat wearing the issued Rape Prevention Glasses (RPG's) they gave you! Nowadays you can get a quality proceedure done locally for $1,500.00 or less for both eyes.

BTW- 20/15 means you can see things at 20 feet that "normally" is seen at 15 feet.

Bear in mind that will Lasik surgery anyone that has any issues is VERY vocal about it (as they should be), while people with zero issues just go about their life. The vast majority are very happy with no issues.

my eye surgeon gave me 20mg of valium (or so he said, i didnt look at the pills)

I havn'e had any problems with my eyes except I get dry eyes, but lotemax eye drops seem to take care of my problems, 1 drop twice daily.

it is a very small price to pay to be able to et outta bed and walk to the bathroom without finding your glasses.

I've been considering Lasik for a long time. During my research I decided if I get it done, I'll go with Teplick, who has done a few of the Trail Blazers and some local celebrities. I'm revisiting this now because LivingSocial has a half off deal for $2600. I know that's still more than most places, but I feel more comfortable going with a trusted name and knowing they're using the latest equipment.

To be honest, the only thing I'm worried about with LASIK is the flap.

Got mine done a couple years ago. Worked great and went from legally blind to 20/20. The first couple of days were kind of painful and according to the doctor that's not common. He prescribed some liquid cocaine for my eyes which helped. Waking up the next morning was great with the initial thought of "dang it did I sleep with my contacts in again? I can see"
I don't know if the "flap" is vulnerable. If it's like any other type of scar it heals stronger than the original lens. Mine was $4k for both eyes so $2,600 sounds like a deal. My eye dr. did mine up at OHSU and they used a lot of equipment that probably cost more than my house.
I don't notice halos on lights any more than I did with contacts/glasses, and i used eye drops for a while but not much after a year. They do seem to help if things start getting blurry. I think that is more of a personal thing depending on how much tears/lube your eyes produce.

I had Lazik 11 years ago went from 20/625 and 20/675 to 20/10 20/15 best thing I ever did. Wish I could have done it 15 years earlier. They told me after I was 40 I would need reading glasses as a normal aging issue as you eyes lose their elasticity when they get older and has trouble changing focus from far to near and near to far. This is true I can't read tiny print and poor lighting makes things harder too. Age issue not lazik. Well worth it. I would have spent 10 times the amount on glasses over the last 12 years as it cost so it is a bargain and the prices are even cheaper now. No rain on my glasses or fogging up. No having to find my glasses in the morning or not being able to see the alarm clock. It was like going from an old black and white tv to a new HDTV. Almost surreal. I still am amazed when I see the sun light coming through the leaves of the trees how clear every thing is.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top