JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was watching a comedy show about women and their love for fall. The premise of the bit was as the cooler air moves in and the leaves change, women freak out because they can wear all their cute clothes and such.

I realized I'm kind of the same way...but instead of knee-high boots and scarves, I get to wear a bigger gun and an OWB holster! That, and I can wear pants that arent a size too big to accommodate an IWB holster.

I tend to run warm and generally don't start wearing a jacket until mid to late November. I usually stop wearing it by April 1. This requires me to carry IWB from April through November. I tend to carry either a full size gun (M&P or G17) or a mid-size gun (M&P 2.0 ot G19). I can hide those guns under a polo shirt or plaid shirt. As soon as it gets cool enough for me to wear a jacket, the IWB holster goes in the drawer and I go OWB and stick to the bigger gun. I'm 6'4 and have pretty narrow hips compared to my shoulders and chest, so a soft shell jacket drapes over quite a bit of stuff.

Do you guys do the same thing? Here is what I had under my jacket today...

44BAD23B-579B-4A56-9173-6DB17DECD095.jpeg

I EDC a G26. With an Infidel for backup. Thinking about a G43 for summer carry at some point.

At one time it was 9mm in warmer months and .45 in colder months... Thought was .45 penetrates better through winder wear.

But for the last 4 or 5 years, I've gone .45 year round. With the last nearly two years being a Shield .45 in a Concealment Express kydex iwb.

Daily carry: it gives me 21 rounds of .45 ACP goodness... And is not cumbersome to carry.

E28CB383-C889-4D68-913A-37C68BEE95E2.jpeg

I used to carry all the "necessary gear". Then I got belt pouches, fanny packs, Maxpedition bags. Got tired of it. These days I've streamlined things to my favorite 45, spare mag and a short length of #3 rebar. Rebar fixes shinola. Or as we say back in NY, "back to basics".

IMG_20181201_220901.jpg

i carry a 9mm shield and a kershaw folder most of the time. when i take the family to more crowded places like the mall or a parade, i carry a cz p07 with a +2 baseplate and an extra 17rnd mag for a total of 35 rounds. the wife carries a LCP custom.

when goin out of town, i take my shield, my cz with the extra mag and one specific AR with 3 30 rounders, a red dot, suppressor and my plate carrier.

sometimes i take my glock 23, my lc9 or 1911 too... LOL

depends which one matches my shoes better that day. ahhhh accessorizing...:D:rolleyes:;)

I have a Shield that sees a fair amount of time thru the summer, but as soon as I can wear a bit more clothing, it's a 1911. I carry IWB unless out truckin thru the woods and it doesn't take too much to hide that full sized gun.

Cigars,

I 'think' perhaps I'm wrong, but it looks like your spare magazine is filled with fmj's.

Am I right?

If so, are JHP's outlawed in your state?

Me, I carry either 9mm 124gr. Speer Gold Dots JHP's +P (sometimes standard pressure instead of +P) or 9 mm 147gr Federal HST JHP's standard pressure.

JHP's are legal in Texas.

Also, one of you pictures a set of handcuffs.

Is that legal for non-Law Enforcement folks or is that person L.E.?

I know various state laws are significantly different regarding self defense items be they telescoping batons (illegal in Texas) or JHP's or switchblades (legal in Texas)

Aside from "the usual" car keys, wallet, and mobile phone, I always carry (regardless of the season) either a G43, a G19.4, & sometimes a G30.2(5) IWB (I have a G43 pocket holster for cargo pants carry sometimes) with a spare mag (or two) of Hornady Critical Defense in 9mm (or CorBon .45 JHP +p+). I also always carry my NAA Pug in 22WMR that I carry in my front right "coin pocket" as a BUG, and a Karambit clipped inside my front right main pocket because when I say, "I'll skin your a$$ raw"... I REALLY mean it.

Oh yeah, and I always have some sort of click-stick on me... that's a ball-point pen/ice-pick. ;)

FDB1A62D-3A4A-4C0A-B7B9-5AB308305318.jpeg

Cigars,

I 'think' perhaps I'm wrong, but it looks like your spare magazine is filled with fmj's.

Am I right?

If so, are JHP's outlawed in your state?

Me, I carry either 9mm 124gr. Speer Gold Dots JHP's +P (sometimes standard pressure instead of +P) or 9 mm 147gr Federal HST JHP's standard pressure.

JHP's are legal in Texas.

Also, one of you pictures a set of handcuffs.

Is that legal for non-Law Enforcement folks or is that person L.E.?

I know various state laws are significantly different regarding self defense items be they telescoping batons (illegal in Texas) or JHP's or switchblades (legal in Texas)

JHPs are legal. Some people carry 230gr ball in their 45s up here, especially in the winter because of heavy clothing and such. They are also great an animals like cougars and bears. 230gr ball penetrates very well.

As for my cuffs, I'm LE and often have a set on me. Sometimes I have 4 sets and flex cuffs too! Just depends on the day.

I'm going to go with the government will protect me. I sold all my guns. The savings has been HUGE!!:D
Ya once i seen the 2016 elections I turned in all my firearms and accessories in a local buy back program. I even flipped to being a democrat voter in the mid terms to be on the winning team.

I'm going to go with the government will protect me. I sold all my guns. The savings has been HUGE!!:D

I knew that there had to be one smart person here... good answer SKrueger. After escaping from a communist country many years ago, I now have a stupid switch on me. You switch it on when your government comes to check your loyalty to the party or to see what you are thinking... it's sort of like a lizard dropping it's tail so the rest of it doesn't have to find out how cold Siberian country side can feel

End of rant

JHPs are legal. Some people carry 230gr ball in their 45s up here, especially in the winter because of heavy clothing and such. They are also great an animals like cougars and bears. 230gr ball penetrates very well.

As for my cuffs, I'm LE and often have a set on me. Sometimes I have 4 sets and flex cuffs too! Just depends on the day.
First round is FMJ. Behind it are Hornady's.

For the last couple years it's been one gun all the time. Summer, winter, you name it, that's my piece. I've carried bigger and smaller before but I just really, really like carrying my G33. Sometimes I get the itch to carry my G21 but never end up doing it

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top