JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The days of helping your fellow citizen are nearing their end. Any little good deed could end up getting your arse in a heap of trouble. I'm guessing the pontoon boat owner is probably out a good chunk of money for a lawyer, not to mention his head is probably a little screwed up from having to kill another man.

The days of helping your fellow citizen are nearing their end. Any little good deed could end up getting your arse in a heap of trouble. I'm guessing the pontoon boat owner is probably out a good chunk of money for a lawyer, not to mention his head is probably a little screwed up from having to kill another man.
Sadly you are on the money here. The poor guy tried to help someone and now he has to at best, carry with him for life having to drill the idiot. Others will read of this and many will think twice before the offer to help some one. Very sad indeed. Couple weeks ago I had some total strangers in my home. They got locked out of their vehicle. It was cold, starting to rain, their coats and phones were in the vehicle. I let them use my phone to call for help which was a couple hours out. So invited them in to be warm and dry while they waited. You know I had a gun on me the entire time they were with me. They of course had no way to know that but, even then I was thinking how sad that this is what we have come to now. :(

"CNN" Giggle--Snork.

They didn't mention the guy that pulled the nut-job from the water was 74.
Just wondering what their angle was on this.

cnn LOL.

The idea of living with taking a human life is a very real problem - and traumatic - for so many.

The solution is to not view anyone you don't personally know as human.

They didn't mention the guy that pulled the nut-job from the water was 74.
Nor did they mention the 'drowning man' was 29 and his appearance pretty much 'paralleled' my guess as to his attitude I previously described. Punk looking, tatted up with a couple tats on his belly of brass knuckles.
The iron cross on his chest no doubt became a natural 'aim point' as well.

Nor did they mention the 'drowning man' was 29 and his appearance pretty much 'paralleled' my guess as to his attitude I previously described. Punk looking, tatted up with a couple tats on his belly of brass knuckles.
I didn't see those? Were there pics-O'-the-punk?
Hey, and "Tats"? For Wifey's 59th B-day yesterday she decided to get her first tat! No iron cross/brass knuckles though.

That isn't an "Iron Cross" in the German sense of the word…. It's just your standard hypocrite version of the Christian crucifix….

Good thing Christ wasn't killed with a machinegun, the anti-2A's heads would REALLY explode!

I didn't see those? Were there pics-O'-the-punk?
Hey, and "Tats"? For Wifey's 59th B-day yesterday she decided to get her first tat! No iron cross/brass knuckles though.

A rendition of @Stomper on her right deltoid?

Pics or it never happened. :s0112:

I am wondering if the outcome might have been diff if the 'Pontoon Pirate' had been younger, and closer to dipchits age?

Reason is dipchit was unarmed and esentially with his gal siding with them it was three on one and the guy had been thrown off and was shot as he was climbing back on board the boat. From another article:

But Morgan became combative after being pulled to safety, forcing the eventual gunman to push him back into the water. The man then opened fire when Morgan climbed back on board.

I am NOT on Morgan's side but with him in the water they could have thrown him a life jacket and told him if he puts his hands on the deck he gets a foot on them - or to the face if he tries to board the boat. OR let him hold on to the deck but stay put in the water until the LEOs arrive.

I am wondering if the outcome might have been diff if the 'Pontoon Pirate' had been younger, and closer to dipchits age?

Reason is dipchit was unarmed and esentially with his gal siding with them it was three on one and the guy had been thrown off and was shot as he was climbing back on board the boat. From another article:

But Morgan became combative after being pulled to safety, forcing the eventual gunman to push him back into the water. The man then opened fire when Morgan climbed back on board.

I am NOT on Morgan's side but with him in the water they could have thrown him a life jacket and told him if he puts his hands on the deck he gets a foot on them - or to the face if he tries to board the boat. OR let him hold on to the deck but stay put in the water until the LEOs arrive.
Never dealt with drunks on the water much eh? Old guy fearing for his life shot a belligerent assailant. Cops agreed. A good shoot is a good shoot in South Carolina.

Hindsight lends itself to critique and rationality, which neither is afforded under duress for people that aren't accustomed to duress. I believe myself and most civilians would operate in a similar manner in varying degrees. I don't get too many adrenaline dumps at work writing code or taking data. Closest thing is finding a good deal on an ad here and rational thinking always takes a back seat.

WHY did the stupid young woman even go OUT with the shot/dead man if he was CLEARLY DRUNK and acting stupid - careless?!

WHY did the stupid young woman go out on a jet ski with NO life jacket ON especially if she could NOT even swim or swim well?!

The NOW nasty and abusive dead man was a dumb @@@!

The young woman was a dumb @@@ in choosing her 'friend' and for NOT making a DECISION to tell the man/date from the gitgo to TAKE A FLYING LEAP!

~~~

QUOTES from the LINK:

Ayers told investigators that Morgan had invited her to go jet skiing and look at waterfalls that day. But when she met up with him, he was clearly drunk and "slurring his words," the incident report says.

Morgan began speeding on the jet ski and took a sharp turn, ejecting them both into the water. Neither of them had on life vests, and Ayers said she was a poor swimmer and could barely stay above water as the yellow jet ski circled nearby.

~~~

The old man and his elderly wife have to live with this now.

I would have TOLD the young man that he was NOT getting into the boat, thrown him a life jacket or a flotation device/pillow and POUNDED his hands with a TOOL ON BOARD or STEPPED ON HIS HANDS if he tried to get back INTO MY BOAT.

~~~

Side note:

My late husband and I have helped MANY SAILORS on sail boats and on power boats on our time on the water together, over 25 years total for US TOGETHER on the water, out of 30 plus years married.

HE owned several sail and power boats. My husband owned them and I owned one boat in my name. My Sunfish.

WE used FREE DROPS (Rivers, lake, etc.) and we paid for RENTED DOCKS ($$$ on the river and $$$$$ right ON THE LAKE.) depending on the year, the SIZE and type of his boat, our budget, our plans for the day and if we PUT IN on the lake or out on C. Island or on the river side - several rivers and one big Great Lake.

(We did not own a boat when he was in the USN and overseas a lot plus his time in Nam - all around the world time.)

We did NOT carry a gun on our sail and power boats. We always had a tool chest on board shy of my own Sunfish - glorified surfboard with a sail. LOL

We sailed close to Canada a LOT too. Plus around many islands. U.S. islands on the North Coast.

WE did NOT allow any of our friends who did drink ON BOARD with beer or wine - period. We had water, iced tea, thermos of coffee, and sometimes a soda on board with emergency gear of course. They brought their own soda but we had extra water and coffee on board. Extra food too.

Most of our friends did not drink booze. They were coffee drinkers like we were.

We had a ship to shore radio on ALMOST every boat that we owned too.

WE have helped many people including OLD PEOPLE on RURAL roads and on some highways in ice storms and in other situations in our life time.

One time, we helped a larger sail boat STUCK IN A CHANNEL with our power boat and it was NOT enough of a mess to call the COAST GUARD or a TOW BOAT to throw a line out to them, 2 lines actually, and get them ON their way safely coming out of one river right into Lake Erie.

Those above sailors who were STUCK IN A MAIN CHANNEL, ON a sandbar - they were not paying attention, GOING IN AND OUT OF THE LAKE - NARROW SPOT wanted to PAY US as some other people did in the past on the water or on a rural road but we told them, "NO, thank you." Good Samaritan - we believed/believe in that but IN THIS DAY AND AGE... most likely someone will SUE YOUR BUTT for doing a nice thing - a GOOD DEED. ADDED MORE HERE.

It is a good thing that those sailors were NOT STUCK in the area with all of the LARGE FERRY BOATS in and out over by M. Lighthouse on the lake and on another spot by the river/lake.

People are stupid enough - add some drunk or dope fiend OUT ON THE WATER being really STUPID and irresponsible... well worms got to eat and so do fish too as the OLD SAYING GOES.

Cate

Last Edited:
PS: I do not think that the OLD MAN should be charged since he acted in self defense.

I am glad that NO one decided to charge him for doing a GOOD DEED in trying to help that couple from the gitgo.

IF this happened in CHICAGO - some people might decide to GO after the old man and they might try to TORCH HIS BOAT too!

Cate

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads