JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hear me out here. Find a cruise port with cheap airfare and make sure one is setting sail. Show uo at the dock with your passport and I bet you get an all inclusive cruise for less than $300 per person. If not, hang out in the port town.

This sounds like something I'd like to attempt!

Sometimes for us it's just going and figuring it out when we get there. To me the biggest pain in going on.vacation is all the planning. It's been a while but I look forward to doing this again some day.

You could run up to Port Angeles and catch the Blackball ferry to Victoria. Always a hoot. Lots of hotel's ya should be able to get a room.

Gents,

I think we have it figured out! My wife came up with the idea that we'd stay home, but do a bunch of day trips to all the places nearby that we've never been to! We're going to do Crown Point and Maryhill museum, Wine tasting in Dundee, and Oregon Garden in Silverton.

Any other day trip suggestions??
1. Oswald West State Park - Short walk through an old growth forest down to the most beautiful cove beach in Oregon. Bonus - Dinner at Roseanna' s Cafe outside Tillamook in Oceanside (spendy, but FANTASTIC food and desserts; thank me later).
2. Evergreen Air and Space Museum in McMinnville. Bonus: Wine Country
3. Sisters (window shop and lunch) with a drive up hwy 97 to hwy 26 to Mt. Hood (stop at Timberline lodge for summer snow and view).
4. Oregon Coast Aquarium and Hatfield Marine Center
5. Portland Zoo and Japanese Garden
6. Pine Mountain Observatory for stargazing through the big telescopes. Camping available.
7. A drive along the McKenzie River
8. Jet boating in Grants Pass and lunch/dinner. An absolute blast and worth the drive!
9. A drive through the Redwoods via Crescent City
10. Crater Lake
11. Oregon Zip lines
12. Silver Falls State Park - several waterfalls via an easy hike.
13. Oregon Cave
14. Lava Tube Cave
15. Multnomah Falls
16. Eateries from Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives in the Portland or Eugene area - Frank's Noodle House FTW!
17. Seaside Boardwalk
18. Ride Amtrak from Portland to Eugene and back

Have a great time!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads