JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all, I am planning on taking off a week in the next few months. No specific plans yet, but I was thinking it would be cool to go someplace where there was a nice range where I could do some shooting.

I would love to find someplace where I can move and shoot, draw from holster and other scenarios.
I don't have any of my own targets and I have shot a ton at ranges from a static position.

This leaves out membership only ranges where I have to wait for certain dates to qualify to draw, move etc.

I live in Vancouver and am looking for Oregon and Washington. Bonus if near a Worldmark resort. Another bonus if fishing is close by also.

Recommendations?

Um, I've done this on BLM land in SW Wyoming, south central Idaho, and several parts of Montana.
In Idaho, there are spots where area farmers will dump crop overage and general garbage. Great place to pick off rats in the twilight.
*IF* you consider this, have mapping software where you can be sure you are on BLM land and that you are safe and smart.

Idaho:
Just chatting with a farmer in Idaho, that's how I found out about the dumps.
Beware of the Idaho National Labs & range land area -- you DON'T want to be driving in there and shooting. The MPs will not be nice when they show up.
You'll find good gun shops in Blackfoot and Idaho Falls if you run out of ammo.
On Route 2 in ID between Bonners Ferry and the Montana line, the last town has a range for town members. You could use it when I was there.

Montana:
Loads of BLM land between Whitefish and Idaho off Route 2 where you can shoot to your heart's content.

Wyoming:
Green River and Rock Springs -- Oodles of BLM land up in the hills above those towns, and oil/mining roads to take you there. In general, you'll find a lot of chain hotels there too. Rock Springs has a range east of it, FMC Park where you can do up to 500 yards.
I understand there's a great public range in Kemmerer. I've never been there. Last time I came through, there was a great gunshop in Evanston, WY.

Good Luck!

How about a class? Figure out who your favorite trainers are and see if they have an open class somewhere that you would be interested in attending.
This is what I was thinking after some of the other suggestions. I don't really know much about various trainers. Looking around now.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top