JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
First time using this stuff. I usually clean small parts in a plastic bin over a plastic sheet. This stuff ate right through the bin in about 20 minutes, then through the plastic sheet. Acted more like acid. Turned the black plastic to putty.

Still didn't get all the lead residue off my Sparrow suppressor clamshells though. May need to use a vinegar/Hydrogen Peroxide dip now, although I don't want to deal with a toxic brew.

Kroil must be great at getting metal parts to break loose, it sure does penetrate. Will use a glass container from now on. At least I placed it outdoors due to the smell and not on my workbench.

Kroil must be great at getting metal parts to break loose, it sure does penetrate.

That is exactly what it does, and does it well. My Dad's been rebuilding an engine for our International Travelette (Crew cab pickup). The truck came from California and before we got it the engine froze and blew all of the freeze plugs. Everything in it and on it was rusted together. He bought a can of AeroKroil at the local shop on the owner recommendation, and he's never going back. Worked like a charm to get all the rusted bolts apart. It's a staple now in the garage.

I am interested in what plastic in ate through, do you have the number off the bottom?

No numbers or writing on it, I looked. Kroil seems to eat plastic though. I put a little in a plastic cup, same thing. It was outdoors in the sun though, which probably made the destruction more likely with the heat.

Fine by me. I was looking for something 'tough' :)

Burt!!!! I have used Kroil oil for Decades, never seen it eat plastic!

I was a Tools & Equipment Repairman, for a Major Floor Installing compay, four crews, i gave each crew a one ounce bottle, with a flip top spout, for their tool oiling nees, never ate that plastic.

I KEEP Kroil Oil, in a Hypodermic, with a hand made "Point" made of brass tubing... The hypo has been filled for years, one DROP @ a time accuracy was my thinking in that...

I always had a stainless steel parts pan, to keep parts in on the bench, so I can not speak on ~All Plastics~ but the stuff Eye Drop bottles are made of is Good to Go, I GIVE The stuff away, seeing as I BOUGHT it in larger quantities, One Gallon, three times a year, when I worked as above!

Now, I buy it buy the Pint, but my tool box STILL HAS an Eye Drop Bottle full of Kroil, The finest penetrating Oil in the WORLD!

philip,

Kroil in my Life, since 1987 ...

Aero Kroil is the best. Fastenal and Tacoma Screw Products carry it, I believe. We used it to break free 113 year old metal train parts, like 70 foot truss rods with 1 inch and 1/4 diameter threaded turn buckles. It is the best for breaking stuff free, better than heat, 3 in 1, Miracle Oil, WD 40 or anything else you can think of using short using of dyyyyynoooooomiiiiiiiite!!!!!!! as JJ used to say.

Brutus Out

Kroil Rocks! I've never seen it eat plastic, either though.
My dad never stole anything ever....but nobody in town carried Kroil, and a can or two might have accidentally fallen in his lunchbox at work over the years..
My son and I are also building a Travellette, slowly, and a can of Kroil that fell out of MY lunchbox is sitting on the bumper..

I have used Kroil for years and have had no problems with it eating through any of the plastic containers I've used to hold it. Then again, I don't use any plastic but that intended to hold oil, so that might make a difference. The plastic used in cooking utensils is not intended for such chemicals as found in Kroil.

Pops

Works great as after shave. Smells pretty good and attacts the right type of woman.

I also use it to flush the solvent out of my barrels after I brush them with Butches Bore Shine. Does a great job finishing the cleaning process and protects the barrel from rust.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top