JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I soaked the Sparrow suppressor aluminum clam shells in Kroil overnight (in a glass container this time) and the lead is really stubborn. Just a little more came off.

Working on getting a couple better brass cleaning brushes, the kind they use on ancient coins. I wish they were not aluminum. Then I could use the peroxide and vinegar soak trick. Have to be careful not to damage the aluminum.

Nodak ships their receivers after dunking in Kroil...love the smell of Kroil when picking up a receiver...it smells like...victory.

I soaked the Sparrow suppressor aluminum clam shells in Kroil overnight (in a glass container this time) and the lead is really stubborn. Just a little more came off.

Working on getting a couple better brass cleaning brushes, the kind they use on ancient coins. I wish they were not aluminum. Then I could use the peroxide and vinegar soak trick. Have to be careful not to damage the aluminum.

Have you tried Ballistol? Lead is pretty tough to get out without using electrolysis, but I've had better results with Ballistol than with Kroil for that on my black powder stuff.

Pops

Yep. I have that also. I finally got a couple of brass brushes and a lot of elbow grease going on and got 95% of the lead which is enough.

Since I clean stuff indoors :( I am getting more partial to CLPs like Frog Lube and ZipMax. My man cave started smelling pretty rough.

Since the Sparrow is so easy to open up on the fly without tools I'll make a habit of knocking the soot out of it and wiping it down after every shoot from now on.

Just give it time to work, like overnight.
I found some 1 oz plastic squeeze bottles that have a 2" metal needle tip at Tap Plastics.
Perfect for getting the Kroil in just the right place without making a mess.

Just give it time to work, like overnight.
I found some 1 oz plastic squeeze bottles that have a 2" metal needle tip at Tap Plastics.
Perfect for getting the Kroil in just the right place without making a mess.

I did that with some semi trailer lug nuts and overnight Kroil literally melted the rust. The nuts almost fell off and the day before I could not loosen them while standing on the breaker bar with an extension tube

When I get a rifle from my gunsmith, he tells me not to forget the Kroil treatment. Which is to run at least 50 patches through the bore with Kroil before firing a shot. Says this procedure will quicken the break in time by 80% and I believe him. After firing and cleaning after each shot, buy the tenth shot, I could not pick up any copper fowling at all and still don't now.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top