JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, i did my diligence and Mr. oknow not only caught the first fish this morning but it WAS the biggest one in the creel!!!:cool: Now we need to get the numbers increased.

Did I mention it was 85 friggin degrees this afternoon? I was lookin for shade anywhere I could find it, thank Gawd I have a top on the FV Caveman.:p

The special ice bath for the winners of the elite bite club today.:cool: 20180602_141640.jpg

The tally for Fri & Sat. Fri solo trip is on the left. 20180602_195247.jpg

What worked today. Out of 4 scented corn mixes Tuna & Anise were the top producers
and the gold dodger & my tied lure in black & white beads was again the go to setup that put fish in the boat.:D
20180602_141632.jpg

Kudos to Mr. @oknow and Mrs. oknow for their hospitality and great corned beef dinner.:cool:
Plus for the help in the boat and trailering expertise (he is a journeyman truck driver).:cool:

Well, i did my diligence and Mr. oknow not only caught the first fish this morning but it WAS the biggest one in the creel!!!:cool: Now we need to get the numbers increased.

Did I mention it was 85 friggin degrees this afternoon? I was lookin for shade anywhere I could find it, thank Gawd I have a top on the FV Caveman.:p

The special ice bath for the winners of the elite bite club today.:cool:View attachment 465640

The tally for Fri & Sat. Fri solo trip is on the left.View attachment 465641

What worked today. Out of 4 scented corn mixes Tuna & Anise were the top producers
and the gold dodger & my tied lure in black & white beads was again the go to setup that put fish in the boat.:D
View attachment 465643

Kudos to Mr. @oknow and Mrs. oknow for their hospitality and great corned beef dinner.:cool:
Plus for the help in the boat and trailering expertise (he is a journeyman truck driver).:cool:

Well I don't generally quote myself but I feel the need to reveal that what worked on my last trip did not at all work for my latest trip on Tuesday.

The corn scents that worked was again Tuna with shrimp being a close second.

The lures in the pic did not produce a single bite....:eek: What worked yesterday was anything PINK...:p

Trolling four rods one long line was hit twice early in the morning and then the downriggers produced everything else from 32 to 47'.

10 fish in the ice bath is all we could manage & we only lost one fish. Not too shabby of a day and the weather could not have been nicer, not to hot and a cool breeze.;)

Sorry, I took no pics on this trip...

Last Edited:
Well I don't generally quote myself but I feel the need to reveal that what worked on my last trip did not at all work for my latest trip on Tuesday.

The corn scents that worked was again Tuna with shrimp being a close second.

The lures in the pic did not produce a single bite....:eek: What worked yesterday was anything PINK...:p

Trolling for rods one long line was hit twice early in the morning and then the downriggers produced everything else from 32 to 47'.

10 fish in the ice bath is all we could manage & we only lost one fish. Not too shabby of a day and the weather could not have been nicer, not to hot and a cool breeze.;)

Sorry, I took no pics on this trip...

So Sorry for repeating myself but today's trip with @Mygrainman and his son went exactly like my last trip with my SIL & his friend...
The two things different were the anglers aboard & the places fished last time yeilded NO fish & this time and the others did....:p

This is the arsenal of the day, some were changed on a whim but changed back to ANYTHING GREEN. That was the ticket!!!
20180709_144606.jpg
20180710_202612.jpg

How'd those frogs get in the oysters? ... I see eyeballs staring at me. :eek::p;)
That be a pile of fesh asparagus, broiled mushrooms, and onions topping Kokanee fillets that we're swimming in the lake just a few hours before the pic was taken... and a crescent roll.
Healthy and delicious.

You are welcomed to come aboard or I can jump to your ship for warm water species (partially cooked].
:p:p:p:D

Generous offer Jim! Too far to go for now tho. If I had a ship you would be welcome to come and fish the Snake for pre-cooked bass (not too good after June), crappie, or cats. Wallowa Lake is still putting out some 20" kokes according to my friend that takes the local newspaper.

Generous offer Jim! Too far to go for now tho. If I had a ship you would be welcome to come and fish the Snake for pre-cooked bass (not too good after June), crappie, or cats. Wallowa Lake is still putting out some 20" kokes according to my friend that takes the local newspaper.

I hear you I've been driving almost 2 1/2 hours down to Merwin one way!!! While the fishing is well worth it, I do enjoy it but I need to find a reliable RV lot close so I can stay down there for 3 or 4 days. My Power Stroker only gets 11 MPG but I'm haulin the Jetcraft like a BOSS!!!;)

We're getting some 16 inchers occasionally this year & all the fish have been rotund (fat).

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top