JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why not backup and leave while the guy was coming at him with the machete? Was he out of his vehicle? If so why? Don't get me wrong, I am glad he is ok and hope he faces no charges for the warning shot, however allot of detail is left out of this account.
Hope the bad guy spends some serious time behind bars.

I wasn't there...That said:
I dislike the idea of a "warning shot" and wonder why no attempt to " break contact" , disengage , get the Hell outta Dodge....etc...

Granted there is not a whole lotta detail from the news article and the way the news is written and reported nowadays , can leave a lot to be desired...so again I wasn't there and there could be more to the story...
Andy

I dislike the idea of a "warning shot" and wonder why no attempt to " break contact" , disengage , get the Hell outta Dodge....etc...

Granted there is not a whole lotta detail from the news article and the way the news is written and reported nowadays , can leave a lot to be desired...so again I wasn't there and there could be more to the story...
Andy
Exactly. It would be nice if we could get concise and accurate reporting from the media.

Andy

I'm sure there is a lot more to the story Andy. I also agree with Joe about the "warning" shot. If the guy that fired the warning shot, was in his vehicle and had the option to get the hell out of there, he should be facing charges. A stray bullet hitting an innocent, would not be a good thing.

Re: warning shot - Never a good idea.
That said, I realize that what you see in the "news"paper has only passing similarity or none to what really happened. It still seems driving away or putting the whole mag into his chest would be better alternatives.

Andy

I don't know, but the "Good" guys story is riddled full of as many holes as his truck is now. Sounds like he shouldn't have pulled over, waited around for said "bad" guy to get out, charge him, fire a warning shot, then wait for bad guy to flee to his house and get a gun himself. Unless the "good" guys truck was broke down in the street, he had no reason to stick around. This story seems just a wee bit skewed to me.

I don't know, but the "Good" guys story is riddled full of as many holes as his truck is now. Sounds like he shouldn't have pulled over, waited around for said "bad" guy to get out, charge him, fire a warning shot, then wait for bad guy to flee to his house and get a gun himself. Unless the "good" guys truck was broke down in the street, he had no reason to stick around. This story seems just a wee bit skewed to me.

Don't get me wrong...I don't disagree with you and I still stand by what you quoted from me...

But having been involved with Defensive gun use ....I do know that you will be second guessed , What if and Why did you...till the cows come home.
So since news reporting being what it is today and the fact that I wasn't there...makes me just want to say that I disagree with the idea of a warning shot....and wonder why no attempt to disengage...
Andy

Don't get me wrong...I don't disagree with you and I still stand by what you quoted from me...

But having been involved with Defensive gun use ....I do know that you will be second guessed , What if and Why did you...till the cows come home.
So since news reporting being what it is today and the fact that I wasn't there...makes me just want to say that I disagree with the idea of a warning shot....and wonder why no attempt to disengage...
Andy

I totally agree with you. It also takes 2 to tango. Both guys were in the wrong. So, who's really the "good" guy and who's the "bad" guy?

1. Kid cuts him off.
  2. He honks.
  3. Both trucks stop at light.
  4. Kid brandishes machete at light.
  5. Fausto dials 911.
  6. ( speculation )
    1. Kid sees this, decides to up ante .
    2. Guy on phone with 911, probably explains BG approaching with said machete
    3. No way to retreat
    4. GG doesn't want to shoot anyone, doesn't think about his truck is good defense against machete.
  7. Fires warning shot
  8. Kid takes off
  9. (Speculation) Guy remains at scene to let adrenaline subside
  10. Kid returns with AK
  11. Fun times
Edit to add: Tacoma sounds like the part of Detroit I left in 1990 !!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top