JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, wearing the British Flag to an American Saint Patrick's Day celebration is not deliberately provocative? Not geared to start a fight, or at least insult the Irish and to rub the noses of the Irish into their tragic heritage of loss, subjugation, second-class citizenship and menial labor? Not to deliberately infer that being Irish-American is inferior to being "American?" Not an "evil?"

Hello? Celebrating their Mexican heritage on Cinco de Mayo does NOT mean that they are "un-American" bigots any more than the Irish Americans celebrating their heritage on St. Paddy's Day! But going there ON THAT DAY to be deliberately provocative by wearing American flags is to imply that the Mexican Americans are inferior Americans, and rub their noses in their tragic heritage of loss, subjugation, second-class citizenship and menial labor! This is an EVIL act that is hidden under the camoflage of their misuse of the American flag. Those boys were not there to show "American pride"; they were there to make Mexican Americans FEEL LIKE SECOND-CLASS CITIZENS all over again!

To point out that waving the flag to excuse uncivil and unpatriotic behaviour is wrong IS defending the Constitution! All kinds of racist bigots use the American flag to cover up their dirty deeds---THAT'S UNAMERICAN!........................elsullo

Part of freedom of speech is that you can say, or express your feelings, even if others don't like what you have to say. The 1st Ammendment doesn't say that you have the freedom of speech, unless you hurt someones feelings, or they don't like what you have to say.

The KKK for example have gatherings in public where they straight up preach that blacks and others are inferior. They don't beat around the bush about it. They have that right. I don't agree with what they have to say at all. I will back their right to say it against anyone though.

You guys need to get a grasp on the bill of rights. It doesn't matter if you agree with the topic. A true patriot supports citizens rights especially when they don't agree with them.

So, wearing the British Flag to an American Saint Patrick's Day celebration is not deliberately provocative? Not geared to start a fight, or at least insult the Irish and to rub the noses of the Irish into their tragic heritage of loss, subjugation, second-class citizenship and menial labor? Not to deliberately infer that being Irish-American is inferior to being "American?" Not an "evil?"

Hello? Celebrating their Mexican heritage on Cinco de Mayo does NOT mean that they are "un-American" bigots any more than the Irish Americans celebrating their heritage on St. Paddy's Day! But going there ON THAT DAY to be deliberately provocative by wearing American flags is to imply that the Mexican Americans are inferior Americans, and rub their noses in their tragic heritage of loss, subjugation, second-class citizenship and menial labor! This is an EVIL act that is hidden under the camoflage of their misuse of the American flag. Those boys were not there to show "American pride"; they were there to make Mexican Americans FEEL LIKE SECOND-CLASS CITIZENS all over again!

To point out that waving the flag to excuse uncivil and unpatriotic behaviour is wrong IS defending the Constitution! All kinds of racist bigots use the American flag to cover up their dirty deeds---THAT'S UNAMERICAN!........................elsullo

Even if, as you believe, they were there to be "deliberately provocative" - SO WHAT? What is so un-American about showing support for your country - no matter what day it is? Too bad if some people get their feelings hurt. WAAAHHHH! Those kids have the same "right" to be there as all the other kids with their faces painted or their Mexico flag shirts. Since you are so fond of this maybe you would remember "abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble"

Some might say that the kids in the American flag shirts were there to stir up the pot. Well that's OK. If others don't like it well that's OK too. No one was forced to look at the shirts. From all accounts so far the kids were not attacking anyone, or insulting anyone verbally. Could others in the crowd have been upset and started a fight-- of course. But that is NOT the fault of the five kids sitting at the table. That responsibility would fall on the head of the person who could not control their emotions and choose to react poorly.

We are not guaranteed to not be offended. But we are guaranteed the right to speak out, even if others don't want to hear it.

It was a school. Full of kids, of many ethinic heritages, likely typical kids lacking in discretion and self-control, and quite likely including some junior gangsters of all different races. Schools ROUTINELY limit kids' civil rights in various ways simply to keep order. Doesn't anyone have a clue what explosive pressure-cookers high schools are in this brave new century? Too many kids are just FED UP with being reminded that they belong to the wrong ethnic group, and are READY TO RIOT! Freedom of speech and expression has to somewhat selectively be put on hold until graduation and adulthood.......................elsullo

It was a school. Full of kids, of many ethinic heritages, likely typical kids lacking in discretion and self-control, and quite likely including some junior gangsters of all different races. Schools ROUTINELY limit kids' civil rights in various ways simply to keep order. Doesn't anyone have a clue what explosive pressure-cookers high schools are in this brave new century? Too many kids are just FED UP with being reminded that they belong to the wrong ethnic group, and are READY TO RIOT! Freedom of speech and expression has to somewhat selectively be put on hold until graduation and adulthood.......................elsullo

You are correct. Schools traditionally have limited rights such as freedom of speech. What they cannot do is limit them based on race. They cannot tell Mexicans that it is perfectly ok for them to do something that they do not allow white kids to do. That is racist. I know that many people don't care about racism agaisnt white people, but they better start careing because white people are fed up.

I would also mention that it is a pressure cooker these days. The kids you speak of (as well as adults) that seem to belong to the wrong racial group are white americans. If you don't see some things change, you are going to start seeing some major problems break out.

By the way, I have NO tolerance for gangs at all. ANY gang activity by ANY race should be squashed immediately by ANY means necessary. Maybe a anti-gang gang? LOL J/K

Perhaps then the answer would be to segregate kids in school again? :s0131:

So, wearing the British Flag to an American Saint Patrick's Day celebration is not deliberately provocative?

This is neither Brittan nor Ireland this is the USA

Not geared to start a fight, or at least insult the Irish and to rub the noses of the Irish into their tragic heritage of loss, subjugation, second-class citizenship and menial labor? Not to deliberately infer that being Irish-American is inferior to being "American?" Not an "evil?"

See answer above.

Hello? Celebrating their Mexican heritage on Cinco de Mayo does NOT mean that they are "un-American" bigots

I didn't say they were I was just showing the hypocrisy in your analogie, IE Mexican waving flag to show Mexican pride in America = OK Americans with American flag = bigots. You said it not me! ;)

any more than the Irish Americans celebrating their heritage on St. Paddy's Day!

I'll bet if you told a drunk Irishman on St Patty's day to remove his offensive American flag shirt you wold get a first class beat down! ;)

But going there ON THAT DAY to be deliberately provocative by wearing American flags is to imply that the Mexican Americans are inferior Americans,

You mean going to the school they attend everyday? American flag pride does not equal implying inferiority of Mexican Americans.

and rub their noses in their tragic heritage of loss, subjugation, second-class citizenship and menial labor! This is an EVIL act that is hidden under the camoflage of their misuse of the American flag. Those boys were not there to show "American pride"; they were there to make Mexican Americans FEEL LIKE SECOND-CLASS CITIZENS all over again!

See answer above

To point out that waving the flag to excuse uncivil and unpatriotic behaviour is wrong IS defending the Constitution!

How is an American wearing an American flag shirt in America unpatriotic?

All kinds of racist bigots use the American flag to cover up their dirty deeds---THAT'S UNAMERICAN!........................elsullo

Sure there are Skinhead's, KKK and their Ilk that stand for things that we don't stand for. The fact is they are protected in their right to free speech also. Do you really think these kids were Jr neo-nazis? :s0114::s0112::s0114::s0112::s0114::s0112::s0114:

Yes....as I stated before, if you are supportive of threatening American students with suspension for wearing an American flag, simply because you don't consider it politically correct due to a foreign holiday, then I consider you the enemy.

Attempting to sidestep the issue by making comments about completely unrelated acts cloaked in the guise of patriotism is irrelevent to this topic .

cinco de mayo is no excuse to punish students for wearing an American flag shirt. Can't really put it much simpler than that. There is no place on American soil where it is a bad thing to display the American Flag. Doesn't matter if it's mexican holiday or not. Any day of the week may well be a holiday for some race, religion, ethnic group, etc, etc...with people like you around would the Stars & Stripes have to remain hidden for all of those, or is it just a cinco de mayo thing?

whether you have some improbable psychic ability to read the students' minds and divine their actual intent- well I'll not comment on that. But regardless of their intent, either patriotism or antagonism, the abusive and discriminatory treatment of them was 100% wrong. If they had carried signs with racist comments, or shouted inflammatory slurs, or done anything that could intelligently be construed as trying to cause trouble you would almost have a point. But seriously, simply wearing an American Flag shirt in NO way qualifies. The fact that you would so strenuously say otherwise is disturbing on several levels. that sounds pretty close to hussein obama's apologist comments, and equally sickening. the implication of what you're saying is that the American Flag should be hidden away on cinco de mayo. As a man who has spent 12 years of my life in service to this country & flag, I say **** no. I'll proudly display Old Glory whenever & wherever I choose, and don't give a damn if it's a mexican holiday or not. If you, the aclu, reverend al sharpton, or nancy pelosi want to refer to it as something negative then go right ahead, but realize there is no way you can rationally justify such warped sentiment.

Another dumb thing the American Government Supported Schools are doing to the children.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d9b_1273338581

I sure wish The American People would wake up to hard issues that need to be handled NOW.

Another one would be changing the way American Public Schools are being run by the government or American Public Schools that run in a way to please the government so they want loose their funding from them.

It looks like the American Public Schools will take the advantage of money over the well being of the children.

This flag incident and this candy incident is just another shameful part in America.

Yep, the school system has to be dealt with. That is half of our problems. The schools are completely liberal and force their agenda to our kids.We had to step in because the damn teacher at my little brothers school was telling the kids that citizens had no right to own guns and a bunch of other crap! Preaching a collective right and just forcing her liberal views down the kids throats.

Hey Bugeye, Elsullo? Where was your outrage in this inflammatory "bigoted" "inciting evil" incident? I've looked over the thread twice and still don't see any posts form either of you.. :s0131:

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28112

Well, I for one had plenty of outrage about this ridiculous abuse of the First Amendment and the goofy court ruling about it. But it was so obvious to anyone reading about it that it did not need any further comment from me to try to clarify anything, did it?

But if those mentally ill pseudo-Christian protesters were wearing American flag shirts I suppose you would be defending them, and outraged that somebody like me would be outraged at their perverted actions of protesting at a hero's funeral. Somebody would say that it is just too bad that I got my feelings hurt. As I said, waving a flag conceals all kinds of evils. Pointing out that pathetic fact is my patriotic duty.........................elsullo :cool:

Well, I for one had plenty of outrage about this ridiculous abuse of the First Amendment and the goofy court ruling about it. But it was so obvious to anyone reading about it that it did not need any further comment from me to try to clarify anything, did it?

But if those mentally ill pseudo-Christian protesters were wearing American flag shirts I suppose you would be defending them, and outraged that somebody like me would be outraged at their perverted actions of protesting at a hero's funeral. Somebody would say that it is just too bad that I got my feelings hurt. As I said, waving a flag conceals all kinds of evils. Pointing out that pathetic fact is my patriotic duty.........................elsullo :cool:

OK just so I've got this straight, protesting at solders funeral = not important enough to comment. Kids wearing American flags in American school = evil = worthy of Elsullo comment about the evil bigoted children. :s0155:

OK gotcha! Thanks for clearing that up! :huh:

OK just so I've got this straight, protesting at solders funeral = not important enough to comment. Kids wearing American flags in American school = evil = worthy of Elsullo comment about the evil bigoted children. :s0155:

OK gotcha! Thanks for clearing that up! :huh:

Well, that's not what I wrote is it?.....................elsullo :confused:

What should be really gleened about this story is the lack of tolerance by the liberal school teachers and administration. Liberals always tell everyone to have tolerance but show none when things offend them. Time to quit listening to the liberals, their PC BS has got to stop.

jj

What should be really gleened about this story is the lack of tolerance by the liberal school teachers and administration. Liberals always tell everyone to have tolerance but show none when things offend them. Time to quit listening to the liberals, their PC BS has got to stop.

jj

That is for sure.

Hey Bugeye, Elsullo? Where was your outrage in this inflammatory "bigoted" "inciting evil" incident? I've looked over the thread twice and still don't see any posts form either of you.. :s0131:

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28112

I am fine without the Alan Colmes spin on inside out thinkism..lol

I just don't believe the younger generation cares about America they were generally raised in public schools with many teachers that if you really knew them you would see the communist agenda behind many of them from grade school to college.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top