JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If, during a St. Patrick's day festival at a local Irish bar, a bunch of skin heads showed up and formed a line outside the bar wearing American flag t-shirts you would consider their motives pure?

If a group of skinheads lined up at a bar for St. Patrick's day wearing American flag t-shirts they would be asked what they wanted to drink. :s0114: I've been in several places over the years during St. Patrick's day and while there were lots of Irish colors, clovers and such there were also lots of American flags.

Incorrect...the school is making a political statement. There is exactly ZERO acceptable excuse for threatening any American citizen with punishment for displaying the American Flag, whether there are foreigners celebrating a holiday or not. The fact is, this is America- even in california. The mexican students are freely allowed to celebrate cinco de anything they want. The only incursion to liberties here has been directed against the students wearing American Flags. You people can spout all the outhouse lawyer mumbo jumbo you want but it doesn't change the fact that this situation is fundamentally warped & wrong. Nowhere in the Constitution or Bill of Rights is there a "right to not be offended". So what if some of the mexican students would've been offended? There concern in completely meaningless. The principal's employment should've been terminated on the spot. If the foreign students (or sympathizers) are so unruly that seeing an American Flag, on American soil, would incite a riot or trouble as some of you seem to believe then those students should be dealt with accordingly. Abusing students displaying patriotism to the USA should not be the solution.

As an ex resident of that god awfull state, I can say that this is the unfortunate attitude that is prevalent throughout kali. I am by no means racist but having grown up in kali, I have watched that state morph into what it is today. Which is a racially polarized, politically correct, mamby pamby, powder keg of an insane asylum. Attitudes such as this have been fueled by the leftist media groups in kali which propagate the anti-American, special interest groups such as the ones who took offense to some kids wearing an American flag shirt.
Last time I checked, this is the United States of America, not mexico or korea.
Thank god that I am out of that state and living here in oregon, where that type of attitude doesn't occure.
Btw, I bought one of those flag shirts from old navy a couple of years ago and I still wear it proudly.

It is amazing to me that when "in your face" attitudes or politics are used on the left we are told that we must tolerate it or else we are racist or bigots. But when "five teens were sitting at a table outside during their brunch break" an administrator felt that the teens were inciting violence and told to them remove their flag shirts because it might offend other students. :confused: Am I missing something here? No one has the right to not be offended. (The Left has always told us that so it must be true)

If the "Mexican-American students" wanted to pick a fight because some American students choose to show their support for their country- so be it! So what if these kids were choosing to make a statement. If they had been wearing rainbow shirts and been asked to remove them, all **** would be breaking out and the teacher/administrator would already be looking for a new job.

We also seem to looking past the 900 pound pink gorilla in the room here.

Illegal immigration.

It is quite likely that the kids were also making a statement about that along with displaying their American pride. But that's OK. They weren't yelling FIRE or antagonizing others.

Tension is high on this issue (immigration) and it needs to be addressed. But that will need it's own thread.:)

BTW If this had happened to my kids I would not consider suing the school. Things like this aren't meant to be a payday for anyone. But I sure as sh!+ would be making sure that I got the media -any media- involved and be making a lot of noise.

I support those students right to wear the American flag any time they choose to. Who are we to say they haven't earned that right because they haven't fought a war or been on this earth long enough. We sure can't get into their heads and figure what they were thinking. They were sitting peacefully, that is what we know!!!
Who knows, one or all of them might be in Iraq or Afganistan next year fighting for that flag.
The school district I work in seems to support just about any group EXCEPT anything involving being American, white, christian, etc etc. It makes me sick. patriot.gif

I'd have to agree with PBP on this one. I would say that using the American flag to start trouble is disrespectful to the flag. It's obvious that the kids were looking for trouble. I wonder if the same group wore these shirts on Independence day. How much do you want to be they didn't? Last time I checked, American Flag shirts weren't very high on Christmas lists for teenagers.

Most of the time I chuckle when I hear someone say "I'm proud to be American". Unless you served your country somehow (i.e. miliary, political office), what makes you different than any other non-American in the states? You were born here? LOL In my experience, most of the people I've heard say they were proud to be American were dumb rednecks who had nothing else to be proud of. And yes I was born here.

I repeat, we only know that they were sitting peacefully. Nowhere does it say they were starting trouble.
I have a friend in LA who says he can't drive into some areas because he is thought to be "looking to start trouble". This country is going to crap right before our eyes. patriot.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps the public schools should require everybody where uniforms and celibrate no holidays. This way nobody will ever be offended and there will be no trouble. It might be harder for the children to learn to think for themselves, but there is always a trade off.

I'd have to agree with PBP on this one. I would say that using the American flag to start trouble is disrespectful to the flag. It's obvious that the kids were looking for trouble. I wonder if the same group wore these shirts on Independence day. How much do you want to be they didn't? Last time I checked, American Flag shirts weren't very high on Christmas lists for teenagers.

Most of the time I chuckle when I hear someone say "I'm proud to be American". Unless you served your country somehow (i.e. miliary, political office), what makes you different than any other non-American in the states? You were born here? LOL In my experience, most of the people I've heard say they were proud to be American were dumb rednecks who had nothing else to be proud of. And yes I was born here.

That's funny because I chuckle when I hear some misguided person presume to qualify who deserves to be a patriot! I would hope that EVERY AMERICAN would feel patriotic regardless of if they served in the millitary, were a police officer, or a trash collector. I ESPECIALLY want the immigrants into this country to be proud to be AMERICANS and to be proud of the UNITED STATES FLAG! Otherwise, why are they here?

That is what those boys were doing. Sure they had a underlying message. That message was THIS IS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA NOT NORTHERN MEXICO! There is never a case that flying the US flag IN THE USA should be considered inflamatory! It is the only flag in this country. If someone is offended by it's presence, they need to get the **** out!

You try to draw a parallel between Cinco De Mayo and Independence Day. LOL. Well I don't see it. One is the nationally recognized holliday that celebrates the hard fought founding of this great country, the other has nothing to do with this country at all. Never should another flag be allowed to take priority over our flag. It would be just the same as the school flying the Mexican flag higher than the flag of the U.S. I suspect that would, and should cause a riot.

I also find it funny that you include politicians as a group you, in your high post, deem worthy of being proud of this country. The reason I say that is because they are the very people stealing this country blind and ruining it for future generations. Of course future generations may or may not be worthy of your approval anyhow.

Hey by the way, a lot of the "dumb rednecks" you talk about are they guys that serve this country. Rant off.

More from the school who sent the students home for wearing US colors.

http://concrave.com/content/00123-f...igh-school-sponsors-mexican-nationalist-group

Flag Shirt Controversy: High School Sponsors Mexican Nationalist Group
By Shane Craver on May 6, 2010
Tags: Buzz Worthy, immigration, live oak, student flag
Five High School students, wearing t-shirts bearing the American flag on a Mexican holiday, Cinco de Mayo, were suspended from Live Oak High School in Morgan Hill, California.

The students, who were approached by the school’s assistant principal, Miguel Rodriguez, and told to turn their t-shirts inside out, refused the order and as a result, were summoned to the principal’s office and suspended.

The school officials considered their shirts to be “incendiary” and accused the students of attempting to start a fight by wearing patriotic gear as 100 other students expressed their patriotism for Mexico by wearing red, white, and green.

It seems that Live Oak High has much deeper problems with race and culture that are condoned by the school’s administration.

One of the school’s clubs, along side the Chess Club and Drama Guild, is a club called M.E.Ch.A.

MEChA stands for Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlán (Chicano Student Movement of Aztlán).

According to their national organization’s Web site, MEChA is. . .

Essentially, we are a Chicana and Chicano student movement directly linked to Aztlán. As Chicanas and Chicanos of Aztlán, we are a nationalist movement of Indigenous Gente that lay claim to the land that is ours by birthright. As a nationalist movement we seek to free our people from the exploitation of an oppressive society that occupies our land. Thus, the principle of nationalism serves to preserve the cultural traditions of La Familia de La Raza and promotes our identity as a Chicana/Chicano Gente.

The Mexican Nationalist group is very protective of its members and structures and clearing states when referring to “infiltration”:

. . . we cannot believe in unity for unity's sake since there are many opportunistic organizations, groups, and/or individuals who care only for themselves and not for our people. Just as we would expel FBI or CIA agent provocateurs from our organizations, such opportunistic organizations, groups, and/or individuals must be exposed and expelled to strengthen our Movement.

While Live Oak also sponsors clubs such as the Black Student Union, and the Asian Student Union, those groups foster and “promote activities of common interest” rather than seeking to free their people “from the exploitation of an oppressive society that occupies our land.”

Actually, I have found in my experiences that "Patriots" are very compassionate and understanding people. It is the element that like the wrap themselves in the flag that tend to be touchy. True patriots never seem to need the window dressing that a certain element finds so important. :)

And you are right. These kids were looking for trouble and the school stopped it from happening. End of story.
Freedom has a paticularly good flavor to those who have fought for it that those who have'nt will never savor. Semper Fi. Hope that principal and vp get their collective butts handed to them!..Greydog.

Using the flag to start trouble? Say that to the vets from the revoloution, Civil war, ww1, ww11, korean war, vietnam, the whole current desert dance we're doing. Pull your head out of the sphincter.. Trouble finds our flag because of the freedom it represents brother! Greydog.
My God, how historically unsophisticated some of you folks are!

Last Edited:
Amazing ! Mexican organizations , African American , Asian groups - all supported by the school apparently , but I bet the screams of racism would be huge if a group of white students were to organize. It's a sad commentary on our current situation . Imagine how surprised all these lefties will be the day that Americans , all colors and creeds finally have a belly full and say ENOUGH !!! Our young people are baited and harassed on a continual basis by these groups and when they finally respond in kind - they are called trouble makers . Smells like fertilizer to me.

A funny thing I just saw. Did anyone know that one of the 5 kids who were sent home for wearing the flag shirt was a Mexican American? LOL. I bet MSNBC hasn't broke that story huh?

..it all comes down to the fact that if you are supportive of kids being threatened with suspension for wearing an American flag shirt- you're the enemy.

I'm the "ENEMY?" Dang, and here I thought I was a rabid PATRIOT! I prefer to defend the MEANING of the Constitution rather than a SYMBOL of the Constitution. Some of you guys appear to have slept through high school civics classes. You want to tolerate any kind of evil as long as somebody waves the flag? Our flag is OFTEN just used as camoflage used to conceal evil! It seems that anybody can plot mischief if they only wear a flag!

And don't assume that this "enemy" does not love our flag: I am an orphan of TWO veterans; I grew up around the National Guard as a kid, and marched in parades under our flag as a Cub Scout; in junior high I won the big metal medal of the American Legion School Award for scholarship, service and patriotism; I sacrificed an entire free college education to defend the integrity of our Nation; I used to fly my flag every Veteran's Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, and Fourth of July---and sadly found that I was the only such house in my whole neighborhood to fly the flag; I flew my flag illuminated for two YEARS after 9/11, until it was stolen off of the front of my house; and I bought a NEW flag even though I now have no place to fly it! Who the bell has a right to question my patriotism!

The REAL enemy is ignorance and bigotry! Do you support the MEANING of the Constitution, or just the SYMBOL no matter how it is manipulated to conceal evil?........................elsullo :cool:

These are photos of the German-American Bund from before WWII. They waved the American flag, and claimed to be patriots. There were tens of thousands of them, celebrating their patriotic heritage, waving flags. I suppose that they would not be an ENEMY?

So, do you prefer the MEANING OF THE CONSTITUTION, or just waving/wearing the SYMBOL?......................elsullo :cool:

0.jpg

00535.jpg

2358737.jpg

buildup-to-world-war-2-21.jpg

I'm the "ENEMY?" Dang, and here I thought I was a rabid PATRIOT! I prefer to defend the MEANING of the Constitution rather than a SYMBOL of the Constitution.

So your defending the constitution how in this case?

Some of you guys appear to have slept through high school civics classes. You want to tolerate any kind of evil as long as somebody waves the flag?

What evil?

Our flag is OFTEN just used as camoflage used to conceal evil! It seems that anybody can plot mischief if they only wear a flag!

Again what evil in this case? Wasn't this cinco de mayo all about national (Mexican) pride? So to say that showing national American pride is evil is hypocrisy.

And don't assume that this "enemy" does not love our flag: I am an orphan of TWO veterans; I grew up around the National Guard as a kid, and marched in parades under our flag as a Cub Scout; I sacrificed an entire free college education to defend the integrity of our Nation; I used to fly my flag every Veteran's Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, and Fourth of July---and sadly found that I was the only such house in my whole neighborhood to fly the flag; I flew my flag illuminated for two YEARS after 9/11, until it was stolen off of the front of my house; and I bought a NEW flag even though I now have no place to fly it!

The REAL enemy is ignorance and bigotry! Do you support the MEANING of the Constitution, or just the SYMBOL no matter how it is manipulated to conceal evil?........................elsullo :cool:

You just can't see it can you? You are allowing the bigotry of the Cinco De Mayo Mexican pride celebrators and labeling the same from actions as bigotry from the American flag wearers. You honestly don't see the hypocrisy?

You're saying Mexican pride is OK but American pride is not.

So, wearing the British Flag to an American Saint Patrick's Day celebration is not deliberately provocative? Not geared to start a fight, or at least insult the Irish and to rub the noses of the Irish into their tragic heritage of loss, subjugation, second-class citizenship and menial labor? Not to deliberately infer that being Irish-American is inferior to being "American?" Not an "evil?"

Hello? Celebrating their Mexican heritage on Cinco de Mayo does NOT mean that they are "un-American" bigots any more than the Irish Americans celebrating their heritage on St. Paddy's Day! But going there ON THAT DAY to be deliberately provocative by wearing American flags is to imply that the Mexican Americans are inferior Americans, and rub their noses in their tragic heritage of loss, subjugation, second-class citizenship and menial labor! This is an EVIL act that is hidden under the camoflage of their misuse of the American flag. Those boys were not there to show "American pride"; they were there to make Mexican Americans FEEL LIKE SECOND-CLASS CITIZENS all over again!

To point out that waving the flag to excuse uncivil and unpatriotic behaviour is wrong IS defending the Constitution! All kinds of racist bigots use the American flag to cover up their dirty deeds---THAT'S UNAMERICAN!........................elsullo

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top