JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i was just talking with my buddy who has the 40 & 9 sub 2000.

We are going shooting today, so I was asking about him bringing his subs.:D

I was curious how factory ammo ran thru them, as he reloads, but he said that he loads these to factory specs.

So I saw no need to re-shoot them, as I remember that the 40 had a little more recoil than the 9, but was very manageable......:cool:

He said he has chrono'd many pistol/rifle calibers, and these 2 Kel Tecs were similar to others in that you gain about 100 FPS shooting a pistol caliber out of a rifle..........:)

The only difference, to me, is that a 40 will reach out further, quicker, and shoot flatter (Less holdover) than a 9..........+ hits harder.......+ ammo seems to be more available in times of shortages............but it's more expensive than 9..............

I've seen him shoot both these Sub's out to 100 yards VERY accurately:D:D

I hope these new versions are priced @ $400-$450.........If so, I'm down for a 40 cal:cool::D:);)

All about the 40 cal these days with it being on the shelf!

Shot both the S2K's earlier today.

After shooting 1 mag thru each, I was able to "dial in" my shooting, and consistently was hitting a 2" target at 100 yards:D:)

This was with a cross wind that varied from 3-15 mph, and about 50 degrees.

In talking with the owner, he said he has put 2k rounds thru the 40 with no problems, and 3K thru the 9, and had a problem breaking the front site, which KT replaced free.............no other problems.

When I first shot these guns, they felt strange, and uncomfortable. o_O The more I shoot these, the better I like them.:)

My buddy said he was out shooting most AR shooters at the last "Thursday Night Meet"......he's a no BS guy, so....................:D

These seem to bridge the gap from pistol to rifle, and if I were a contestant on Hunger Games, I would want one.:):)

............or, if I were a Guy who liked the idea of a folding carbine..........Oh wait, I AM that guy!:cool::D

Definitely like the 40 better.:D:cool:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads