JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have several rifles that the bolt blows back and it's handle remains stationary Uzi, MP5 for example.
I didn't think I needed to s p e l l- i t- o u t.
LOL, some people only come around here to tell others their opinion. Sounds like the SUB2000 did not work for you and others, maybe it's time to move on. It is definitely not the end all be all carbine, or even the worst one made. If'n a person likes it then great, if not oh well. I've got better things to do than telling others that they made a bad purchase over and over. Sounds like you didn't care for it, ok, give it up. I really don't like my sub2000 for asthetics, ergonomics, or much else, not the reason I bought it. For the intended purpose, it's perfect, perspective is everything.

I would much prefer they produce the CMR30 in a 9mm version (a CMR9?) Visualizing that bolt on the Sub2000 flying back-and-forth so close to my cheek, gives me the shakes.
Does anyone make a fix for that? (the bolt… not my shakes)
They used to, not sure it they still do, offer a spacer for the butt to make it an inch or so longer. So it would get the bolt that much further. I had one long ago because the little rifle is so damn short. It ended up in on of the junk boxes as I liked the way it was so compact. Certainly far from comfortable but I like the way its so compact. When I still had one in .40 I was going to buy a recoil pad and alter it to fit which also would add length. The damn .40 was so much fun it was easy to run several hundred rounds at an outing and it BEAT hell out of my shoulder. Next day it felt like I had been kicked in the shoulder :eek:

Watching thread with interest.

I just took one in from another forum member, almost new condition. Seems to handle really well. Only thing I don't like is the rear aperture. I've heard of people opening this up with a 1/4" bit.

LOL, some people only come around here to tell others their opinion. Sounds like the SUB2000 did not work for you and others, maybe it's time to move on. It is definitely not the end all be all carbine, or even the worst one made. If'n a person likes it then great, if not oh well. I've got better things to do than telling others that they made a bad purchase over and over. Sounds like you didn't care for it, ok, give it up. I really don't like my sub2000 for asthetics, ergonomics, or much else, not the reason I bought it. For the intended purpose, it's perfect, perspective is everything.
There has LONG been a LOT of hate aimed at them. Its mild now compared to what it used to be. Probably because they have been making them decades now and after that much time they still are a hot seller. I have always told those who do not like them it matters not to me as I have no stake in the Co. You are right they are NOT the be all to end all. I have always been a huge fan boy of the PCC's and my S2K is certainly not may favorite to play with due to its small size. My Ruger is the hands down most fun to play with. That the S2K has spent so many years traveling with me in a laptop case, with the laptop in there too? That is what makes me still love it so much. :D

Last Edited:
@Kp529 just recently made several mods to hers and perhaps has some insights
Hey there - @3MTA3 is correct - I just finished the following mods/upgrades:
  • Recoilless Charging Handle swap
  • Bolt Tube Cover
  • Recoil Buffer
  • Stainless Steel Feed Ramp
  • Trigger Bundle: Trigger bar, spring kit, aluminum flat trigger, & aluminum trigger guard
  • Extended mag release
  • Stainless Steel Hammer Bushing
  • Replaced all screws & the grip pins to carbon steel ones
Went to the range yesterday, and there's a notable difference in performance. The trigger upgraded flat aluminum trigger is much better than stock, but that being said, there's still way better ones out there. This is my fun gun / BOB gun, so I was fine with the M*Carbo trigger performance. It's much snappier than stock, and I like the flat trigger quite a bit.

The stainless steel feed ramp and hammer bushing aren't "felt" improvements, but for me, they were a reliability call. The S2K comes with a plastic feed ramp, which over time and long days at the range, will just begin to melt and cause misfeeds. It's a well-known issue, and I wanted to head that one off at the pass.

The bolt tube cover did buffer the cheek smack when firing - at least for me. Rather than upgrade the sights, I just took the stock peephole sight and drilled a larger hole. Worked like a charm.

After going with the recoilless charging handle, I think I'd have rather gone with the extended version. I really didn't feel that it's making enough of a noticeable difference in recoil to justify not gaining the extra length (and therefore leverage) that the extended one brings to the table. The recoil buffer was like a $10 part, and actually made a difference. So worth it there.

Doing this again, I think I'd choose everything except charging handle. This firearm is a bit of a pain to open and close, so I'd figure out what you wanna upgrade, buy the parts, and then do it all at once.

Note: I didn't install the side-flip sight mount, but a guy at my local gun shop (Keith's Sporting Goods in Gresham) has it and said he'd never be without it on this gun. He swears by it, and says it works really great.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top