JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i was just talking with my buddy who has the 40 & 9 sub 2000.

We are going shooting today, so I was asking about him bringing his subs.:D

I was curious how factory ammo ran thru them, as he reloads, but he said that he loads these to factory specs.

So I saw no need to re-shoot them, as I remember that the 40 had a little more recoil than the 9, but was very manageable......:cool:

He said he has chrono'd many pistol/rifle calibers, and these 2 Kel Tecs were similar to others in that you gain about 100 FPS shooting a pistol caliber out of a rifle..........:)

The only difference, to me, is that a 40 will reach out further, quicker, and shoot flatter (Less holdover) than a 9..........+ hits harder.......+ ammo seems to be more available in times of shortages............but it's more expensive than 9..............

I've seen him shoot both these Sub's out to 100 yards VERY accurately:D:D

I hope these new versions are priced @ $400-$450.........If so, I'm down for a 40 cal:cool::D:);)

All about the 40 cal these days with it being on the shelf!

Shot both the S2K's earlier today.

After shooting 1 mag thru each, I was able to "dial in" my shooting, and consistently was hitting a 2" target at 100 yards:D:)

This was with a cross wind that varied from 3-15 mph, and about 50 degrees.

In talking with the owner, he said he has put 2k rounds thru the 40 with no problems, and 3K thru the 9, and had a problem breaking the front site, which KT replaced free.............no other problems.

When I first shot these guns, they felt strange, and uncomfortable. o_O The more I shoot these, the better I like them.:)

My buddy said he was out shooting most AR shooters at the last "Thursday Night Meet"......he's a no BS guy, so....................:D

These seem to bridge the gap from pistol to rifle, and if I were a contestant on Hunger Games, I would want one.:):)

............or, if I were a Guy who liked the idea of a folding carbine..........Oh wait, I AM that guy!:cool::D

Definitely like the 40 better.:D:cool:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads