JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We, as law abiding gun owners need, scratch that, MUST convey to the masses that we are not the enemy.
We are viewed as monsters by the opposition because the same elected officials have the power to manipulate the facts to get votes. This is where we need to get tough and reverse the tide, show that we are not out to be bullies, we just want our rights left alone because we are "Not the Enemy". The criminals and justice dept (our own government) plea bargain to lesser charges because the jails & prisons are near capacity and let "non violent" felons free!!!!
This is atrocious behaviour and not a detour to prevent crimes in the future, it's a slap on the wrist is all. We need some common sense legislators to finally represent the masses instead of paying back the high dollar donors!!!!

Lets get creative with pen & wit to turn the tide!!!

Last Edited:
Well geez, we have not been allowed to talk politics now politics is threatening our gun rights. Imagine that. :s0158:. Political correctness is the poison used in our suicide as a country. Every time political speech here has been stopped it's been another nail in our coffin. This is all I am going to say on the subject because ever since I came here I have been for freedom of political speech yet watched thread after thread locked because of it.

Freedom to speak holds others accountable for what they do. We will never be civilized nor free as long as we are not allowed to speak our minds within reason. You must be able to question others if you want freedom. Enough said, make your choices and live with them. Yep I am a crusty old far t.

Again guys, most of this doesn't pertain to how we're going to defend against infringements upon our rights...

There is no left and right, only principles and beliefs....

I wish that were true Joe, but can you or anyone else show evidence that any but one particular party is on a non- stop rampage against our rights? This isn't opinion, it's simply the truth. As much as it would be nice to have it not be a left-right issue, they keep making it just that. How then, are we to respond? Who on the left are not only standing, but fighting for our right to bear arms? I'm sorry, but I don't see how ignoring this big thorn in our side helps. Maybe if more folks on that particular political spectrum vehemently opposed restrictions on these rights, then it wouldn't have to continually return to right vs. left.

They can stand up and start any time. I'll be waiting, just not holding my breath.

I understand your goals here, and respect them, I just don't know if it's realistic.

Last Edited:
Not likely. It's been sanitized, but you used to be able to find video of her melting down and rambling incoherently over Bush. She stands far to the left of Kitzhaber. Kitz would have signed any gun control legislation, and you can take it to the bank that Brown will as well.

Our only defense is by initiative and legal challenge.
Was she a Senator then? Where/to whom was she speaking? I've been looking hard for that clip out of curiosity? I do have the clip of when she was accused and admitted using campaign funds to pay her State Bar tab. Not the drinking kind. But yes, her internet persona has been scrubbed it seems.

Unfortunately, the lack of ACTION, and the Proliferation of "Behind my computer screen" Batching about "everything that's wrong" is going to be our demise as gun owners, and as "FREE" Americans.

I believe the ONLY REASON our Govt. does NOT have MORE control over its citizens is because we have the ability to fight them if they try to go "TOO FAR" in their attempts to control us.

And the tide is turning towards Govt's goal................because very few will stand against the Govt.

And I "KINDA" understand. Because there are enough LAWS on the books that ALMOST EVERYONE is breaking a law or 2 or more every day.

And I for one am very afraid of our government.

I drove 69 MPH on the freeway yesterday, coming back from Ashland, and I had left my CCW permit on my safe at home, wrapped up with some $$ I had taken out of my pocket the night before.

I broke 2 laws!

UNLESS MANY OF "YOU" ACTUALLY START TO TAKE ACTION, WE ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT AND FOLLOW THE LEADS OF OTHER NATIONS AROUND THE WORLD.

I can only say "YOU" because I am involved, on what I feel is a "SAFE" level, of taking action against "wrongfulness" on a local level.

I do take action on most, if not all, "alerts" I am sent from various sources.

I am probably one of the most law abiding people around, and I value my good reputation locally, and I know I am probably on "Very Low Radar" with a few..............but I MUST stand up for my beliefs.......

BUT NOT in a Crazy-Wacked Out way.

"If you don't stand for something, You'll fall for anything."

"D" doesn't always mean Left, and "R" doesn't always mean Right, but as a generality it's pretty accurate. The Betsy Johnsons of the world are an unfortunate rarity.

How many gun control organizations are made up of the political Right?
How many gun control initiatives have been initiated by the political Right?
How many gun control laws have been initiated by the political Right?

Now answer those questions based on the political Left.

Like it or not, where the Second Amendment is concerned, the Right is our friend, and the Left is our enemy.

I'm not saying you have to change your beliefs and jump to a different side, but if you don't face the realities you are not going to win.

It's likely that you and most of your friends have similar political leanings. I'm unapologetically on the Right. When I discuss gun control with my friends who are also on the Right I get responses like "effin' A, bro!". Conversations with friends on the Left are usually less comfortable, probably because it's a bit harder for me to bridge the gap.

If you are on the Left, and especially if you are in a metro area, PLEASE reach out to your friends and discuss and educate them. We need to turn this around, or regardless of other beliefs we all will lose.

Was she a Senator then? Where/to whom was she speaking? I've been looking hard for that clip out of curiosity? I do have the clip of when she was accused and admitted using campaign funds to pay her State Bar tab. Not the drinking kind. But yes, her internet persona has been scrubbed it seems.

It was a campaign commercial sometime during the GW Bush administration, and I think for Secretary of State. I remember thinking the guys with the little white coats would be taking her away pretty soon, and was shocked that she won. Scrubbed is right.

I'd love to be able to parade that clip out during next year's election.

There are many here that say "I support the 2A and am very much pro gun" but have sided with the very legislatures who vow to restrict the rights and the will of the people. How is it that they will spare you when the BGC's turn into registration then turns into confiscation? Will that finally wake these people up?
Go ahead and call and write your elected officials and tell them to not vote for infringements on "YOUR" rights, you will be wasting your time and your vote...

I sure hope that all 2A and pro gun supporters can come together and fight the real enemy. I'm all open for suggestions.:)

It's no different than when a racist says "Some of my best friends are [fill in the ethnicity of choice]". It's a flat out lie, and they need to be exposed.

I don't see how they can ban/confiscate a gun that you bought legally. Because that would be making you a criminal after the fact.
I am glad kitz is leaving. He wanted to create a sales tax statewide. What a headache that would create.

Last Edited:
There are many here that say "I support the 2A and am very much pro gun" but have sided with the very legislatures who vow to restrict the rights and the will of the people. How is it that they will spare you when the BGC's turn into registration then turns into confiscation? Will that finally wake these people up?
Go ahead and call and write your elected officials and tell them to not vote for infringements on "YOUR" rights, you will be wasting your time and your vote...

I sure hope that all 2A and pro gun supporters can come together and fight the real enemy. I'm all open for suggestions.:)

It's interesting when legislators complain about groups that work so hard to block gun control legislation, they frequently refer to them using terms such as 'fringe, extremist, right-wing' when they complain about the small group of active folks that speak up. I do wonder why they don't complain about the FLOOD of emails, letters and calls from their own supporters that demand an end to gun control legislation? I'm guessing because their own supporters stay largely silent on the issue, except when they complain about those of us that do speak up "isolating 90% of pro-gun folks" out there :confused:

Last Edited:
I have a hard time with being asked to ignore the elephant in the room so as not to offend the elephant.
We used to have an entourage of execs from In*l visit our mfg facility to negotiate the price of our product. They brought their 6'+ transgendered elephant sporting makeup and a dress and we were told to ignore what we saw and stick to business. It wasn't easy...

It's not easy to ignore criminals in our midst who would usurp the Constitution and remove as many of our God given rights as possible. We are to be kind and respectful to them...ignore the elephant so as not to offend the elephant.

I have a hard time with being asked to ignore the elephant in the room so as not to offend the elephant.
We used to have an entourage of execs from In*l visit our mfg facility to negotiate the price of our product. They brought their 6'+ transgendered elephant sporting makeup and a dress and we were told to ignore what we saw and stick to business. It wasn't easy...

It's not easy to ignore criminals in our midst who would usurp the Constitution and remove as many of our God given rights as possible. We are to be kind and respectful to them...ignore the elephant so as not to offend the elephant.

Agreed, to not accept the interrelatedness of the various political agendas and miss how one is leveraged in concert with the other is folly. The bulk of the "gains" made by anti freedom factions have been based largely on little more than telling people they can and cannot say certain words, which leads to certain ideas, which ends in certain actions-----there's a way to play this game but compartmentalization of the facts on our part isn't going to help.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top