JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I heard some really bad news yesterday.

A friend of our family found out that her grandmother, who was in a wheelchair, was stabbed to death in her home in a break in / home invasion in Southern California a few days ago.

I'm pretty sure the sick and twisted anti-gun liberal politicians are happy that she's dead rather than some repeat criminal being shot dead in her living room.....wouldn't want the sheeple to get any crazy notions of self protectionism.

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away indeed.

I am not aware of any restrictions in California on ownership of firearms by persons with mobility disiabilities. Or is there anything else to the story ?

I am not aware of any restrictions in California on ownership of firearms by persons with mobility disiabilities. Or is there anything else to the story ?
I haven't heard of any "outs" for the disabled. The anti-gun laws in CA apply to all (except the ones with money or political connections)!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Were so sorry for your friend.
Our condolences and prayers to him and his family.
Did they catch the lowlife perps that did that ?

As bad as Kalifornia is you can still buy and own a handgun in your own house. It's when you want to carry and its capacity that is restricted.
As horrible as the news is, there are millions of people that this could happen to in states with liberal gun laws (liberal as in liberty and freedom), because even without having to deal with any restrictions they will remain unarmed by choice.

As bad as Kalifornia is you can still buy and own a handgun in your own house. It's when you want to carry and its capacity that is restricted.
As horrible as the news is, there are millions of people that this could happen to in states with liberal gun laws (liberal as in liberty and freedom), because even without having to deal with any restrictions they will remain unarmed by choice.

Exactly. There is not a single jurisdiction in this nation where a person can't be armed at home.

I am very sorry this happened. The state is so violent... I don't think people have any idea unless they have lived there. ( and paid attention )

The self defense laws in regards to your home and property in Ca, are strong. The story as presented would have been ruled a " justifiable homicide " , statewide if she ventilated the POS that did this.

Here is relevant law :

CAL. PEN. CODE § 198.5

Any person using force intended or likely to cause death or great bodily injury within his or her residence shall be presumed to have held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily injury to self, family, or a member of the household when that force is used against another person, not a member of the family or household, who unlawfully and forcibly enters or has unlawfully and forcibly entered the residence and the person using the force knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry occurred.
As used in this section, great bodily injury means a significant or substantial physical injury.

I am very sorry this happened. The state is so violent... I don't think people have any idea unless they have lived there. ( and paid attention )

The self defense laws in regards to your home and property in Ca, are strong. The story as presented would have been ruled a " justifiable homicide " , statewide if she ventilated the POS that did this.

Here is relevant law :

CAL. PEN. CODE § 198.5

Any person using force intended or likely to cause death or great bodily injury within his or her residence shall be presumed to have held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily injury to self, family, or a member of the household when that force is used against another person, not a member of the family or household, who unlawfully and forcibly enters or has unlawfully and forcibly entered the residence and the person using the force knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry occurred.
As used in this section, great bodily injury means a significant or substantial physical injury.

The law is irrelevant. As the saying goes - it is better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Unfortunately there are states where the goobernment makes it difficult to aquire a handgun. I know in Massachusetts you have to have be licensed before you can purchase one.

That is true, but that is also being fixed one issue at a time. For instance, MA was making it impossible for resident aliens to purchase handguns. That got challenged in 2011, and the law was struck down. Eventually permits to purchase will get struck down everywhere.

Were so sorry for your friend.
Our condolences and prayers to him and his family.
Did they catch the lowlife perps that did that ?

Thanks for the messages, I will pass them on to my friends and the family. Sadly, the bad guy or guys have not been caught and according to the local police probably will not be due to the high crime in that particular area. For those of you that question what the big deal about not having a gun or being armed, use your head. It all goes back to the liberal gun control agenda. You get enough morons in a state to think guns are bad and make it difficult or illegal to have a weapon on you at all times and ( magically) crime goes up. Is that equation that freaking difficult? I don't think there are too many old ladies in Wyoming or Montana that have that kind of issue thanks to their state leaderships decision to uphold the Constitution, whereas Kalifornia wants to be the new model for Communist Red Left Coast America.

There are mostly stupid and ignorant people in Calif. not all though. The State of Jefferson is the only hope for freedom in way north California and way south Oregon.

Thanks for the messages, I will pass them on to my friends and the family. Sadly, the bad guy or guys have not been caught and according to the local police probably will not be due to the high crime in that particular area. For those of you that question what the big deal about not having a gun or being armed, use your head. It all goes back to the liberal gun control agenda. You get enough morons in a state to think guns are bad and make it difficult or illegal to have a weapon on you at all times and ( magically) crime goes up. Is that equation that freaking difficult? I don't think there are too many old ladies in Wyoming or Montana that have that kind of issue thanks to their state leaderships decision to uphold the Constitution, whereas Kalifornia wants to be the new model for Communist Red Left Coast America.

No one considers the one single fact that when crime is allowed to rise, it gives the gov the means to grow their little civilian military force.
Crime could be stopped for the most part by citizens and not need the police if allowed to. It could actually be stopped by police if
they wanted it to.
That is not the agenda. More crime, the more the public whines and cries for more police, not realizing they are dooming free society.
We are rapidly approaching the equivalent of the Nazi SS And the Communist secret Police style of enforcement.
In many areas where depts grow larger and are more militarily equipped the crime still continues to grow. It is the tool of the left.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews