JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
from the firearmsUK.org

attachment.jpg

I had to jump through some similar hoops to get my CC permit in Old Californy. I dunno' how you live with it. :confused:

One of the many reasons I left there.

Yup. In 1986 we lost all our semi-auto centrefire rifles and carbines, and in 1997 those of us on mainland GB lost all our cartridge-firing handguns.

In both cases, the police knew about the murderous proclivities of the malfeasants, one of whom was suspected pedophile as well, but did not revoke their firearms certificates.

Yup. In 1986 it was sixteen people killed and thirty-something injured while the SWAT team was fifty miles away at target practice...

In 1996 it was sixteen 1st grade kids and their teacher who died, and more than that injured.

In both instances the gunman killed himself - allegedly. The jury is out on the Dunblane killer - it seems that he was seen with TWO handguns - a semi and a revolver - one of which was used to blow his brains out. Depending on who was interviewed, one or other was found by his body, but opinions and comments made at the time differ by 180 degrees at to which gun it actually was. No bullet was recovered from the body, nor was a cartridge case that may or may not have been fired from a semi........

Sadly the site has some bum information about handgun shooting in the yUK.

Target handgun shooting of ALL kinds IS allowed in Northern Ireland, which was STILL part of the yUK last time I looked. IPSC is very popular, and the Irish team is world-class. So much for being banned.

I had an acquaintance tell me a while back that California is very lax on guns, and needs stricter gun laws. He said that the UK and Australia have a more reasonable system of restrictions. :(

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top