JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just saw a bus around 82nd Ave, Portland with a full-length ad on the left side of it.
The bus was going about 40mph the other way so I couldn't eyeball all of its artistic glory but here goes.. it was an OkCupid (a dating service/website) ad with "DTF" in huge letters (I gather that "DTF" is short for "Down To F"), and a huge picture of a feminine hand dropping what looked like a Browning Hi-Power in a trashcan or toilet (not sure which but pretty sure it was one of the two).
I mean, come on.. WTF your DTF and dissing my second amendment right and with such a fine firearm to boot.
Ten foot tall brainwashing taxpayer funded buncha bull is what I say. And I am sickened by it.
I'm trying to find a pic of the huge logo/graphic but I found thisy here.

OkCupid's cheeky new ad campaign by edgy artist Maurizio Cattelan asks: "Are you DTF?"

Please call your congressman. thanks

Edit to add: found the main part of the graphic that was on the side of the bus..

View attachment 425489

View attachment 425365
If you think that's disgusting, just imagine the type of people this ad attracts. :rolleyes:

I just saw a bus around 82nd Ave, Portland with a full-length ad on the left side of it.
The bus was going about 40mph the other way so I couldn't eyeball all of its artistic glory but here goes.. it was an OkCupid (a dating service/website) ad with "DTF" in huge letters (I gather that "DTF" is short for "Down To F"), and a huge picture of a feminine hand dropping what looked like a Browning Hi-Power in a trashcan or toilet (not sure which but pretty sure it was one of the two).
I mean, come on.. WTF your DTF and dissing my second amendment right and with such a fine firearm to boot.
Ten foot tall brainwashing taxpayer funded buncha bull is what I say. And I am sickened by it.
I'm trying to find a pic of the huge logo/graphic but I found thisy here.

OkCupid's cheeky new ad campaign by edgy artist Maurizio Cattelan asks: "Are you DTF?"

Please call your congressman. thanks

Edit to add: found the main part of the graphic that was on the side of the bus..

View attachment 425489

View attachment 425365

What the?....

Can you cite proof of this? How do any us prove more liberals are buying guns? Where is this data coming from?
Now let' take a look at what possible source this data "Could" come from, my guess ( were it actually true, that data mining is taking place) would be Gov'ness Kate' illegal gun registry!!!! Wouldn't that be surpising?

I'm fairly liberal and own a bunch of guns, my boss is a liberal, and has a shipping container at work that serves as his gun safe, and I used to work with a liberal who grew medical marijuana years ago that could arm a small army. Lots of armed liberal friends from Astoria to Klamath Falls.

Theres a big difference between your average joe liberal and the foaming at the mouth super-progressive genderless fox news stereotype, just like how you guys are not the tiki torch toting nazi-flag waving republicans that democracy now stereotypes. Same crap on both sides.

Yeah...
I've just noticed a bunch of liberal people who did not like to own guns themselves going out and getting CHLs and guns recently.

It's possible to support social programs and constitutional rights at the same time.

Not when voting for a social program means voting for a party or individual requires giving away your Constitutional rights to get a government controlled "perk" that you pay for and can/will be later altered or removed by the very politicians that control it. Eventually you end up with few perks .... and no rights.

Rights beat baubles... every time.

Not when voting for a social program means voting for a party or individual requires giving away your Constitutional rights to get a government controlled "perk" that you pay for and can/will be later altered or removed by the very politicians that control it. Eventually you end up with few perks .... and no rights.

Rights beat baubles... every time.

Yeah kinda like voting for a republican that made the "patriots act"

Dosnt really matter what party folks belong to, it's what you as a person do to protect your rights, or not! When people ride the fence on issues, or let an injustice take place because to them, its not the top of the list, then there is a problem! Kind of like the last election, choosing the less evil IS A choice, and when you only have two choices, putting the republic FIRST, and not being a block head about it by voting 3rd party, just to send a message because you don't like any one, that's plain Stupid, and so nothing changes!
We are All a bunch of block heads because WE cannot put aside political differences and deal with these issues in a United manner and because of that, we keep loosing our damn rights, one little piece at a time! Start looking at the big picture and vote for the republic, not just your self!

Yup... exactly my point. The Patriot Act has been changed and altered many times since and yet what hasn't changed?....the Republican Party still isn't supported and controlled by anti-2nd amendment billionaires and interest groups.

It's all smoke and mirrors buddy. Neither party is concerned about you. All we can do is vote and advocate for changes that we believe will benefit our loved ones and us.

How is the 2nd only about "me"?

I didn't 'cuz it isn't. Unlike benefits, It's about all American citizen's.

It was indicated that all we can do is vote and advocate "change" and "benefit".
Because we already have the 2nd, I am left to assume that leaves changing it is on your table, and that if it were sold as being a benefit to someone to change it you'd be good-to-go. Like say...."it's for the children".

Usually, a Right is something you can choose to personally exercise or not and will always be there even if you personally don't use it currently. A social program is usually something that can be a benefit to some at the expense of another, and can be altered or ended as the political wind blows.

Maybe we should choose our affiliations by the ones that support the 2'nd and then get them to change their social policies instead of the other way around.....

..... Hey, Wait a minute. I just realized that we may actually may be kinda chasing each other around the same tree!:eek:

Two dogs chasing the same tail! It all comes down to working together toward the same goals! We have to stop with the "A" is better then the "B" and start working together, or the bubblegums in power who dont care about right fair, equal, act keep taking away things they have no right to!

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top