JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just saw a bus around 82nd Ave, Portland with a full-length ad on the left side of it.
The bus was going about 40mph the other way so I couldn't eyeball all of its artistic glory but here goes.. it was an OkCupid (a dating service/website) ad with "DTF" in huge letters (I gather that "DTF" is short for "Down To F"), and a huge picture of a feminine hand dropping what looked like a Browning Hi-Power in a trashcan or toilet (not sure which but pretty sure it was one of the two).
I mean, come on.. WTF your DTF and dissing my second amendment right and with such a fine firearm to boot.
Ten foot tall brainwashing taxpayer funded buncha bull is what I say. And I am sickened by it.
I'm trying to find a pic of the huge logo/graphic but I found thisy here.

OkCupid's cheeky new ad campaign by edgy artist Maurizio Cattelan asks: "Are you DTF?"

Please call your congressman. thanks

Edit to add: found the main part of the graphic that was on the side of the bus..

375144-90a79eccac3ba8711829c79ea430b687.jpg

large.jpg

Last Edited:
They're trying to turn us into criminals, and turn public perception against us, and demonize us folks who are as a whole, some of the most productive, law abiding segments of the population, while trying to decriminalize and normalize the drug dealers, drug users and illegal invaders. Go figureo_O

Strange days

99.999% of lawful gun owners are the VERY LEAST of anyone's worries. I'm getting so GD tired of this mentality.

I bet you couldn't pay to have The Lord's Prayer on that bus either. I'm not a churchgoer but this picking and choosing what is protected speech and what is not is lunacy. It's not just the second amendment that's taking a beating the first is not available to everyone anymore. As long as your view is 'left' it's allowed anywhere and you have to like it. Yes I said like it. If you simply and respectfully disagree even that's usually not okay anymore and the personal character attacks and accusations begin.

If more people understood that the 2nd Amendment did not say that have to own a firearm....
Owning a gun is a choice and huge responsibility...one that most of us do not take lightly.

Add to that thought , that most gun owners are just law abiding folks who want to left alone..'cause they aren't the ones causing a problem or breaking a law..then it might be a easier would to live in.
Andy

If more people understood that the 2nd Amendment did not say that have to own a firearm....
Owning a gun choice and huge responsibility...one that most of us do not take lightly.

Add to that thought , that most gun owners are just law abiding folks who want to left alone..'cause they aren't the ones causing a problem or breaking a law..then it might be a easier would to live in.
Andy

The problem is the tools are being blamed instead of the humans using them.

This country certainly shouldn't look further into the mental health crisis, but instead let it run amok and ban things they might get their hands on. Watch out knives and cars, you're next!!

I had no idea what DTF was supposed to mean so I looked it up. Now I have to clear my history before a grand daughter comes over! And how moron could you be. If a person dropped a handgun bigger then a little derringer in a toliet all it would do is sit there until some other person found it? So whats the point?

I had no idea what DTF was supposed to mean so I looked it up. Now I have to clear my history before a grand daughter comes over! And how moron could you be. If a person dropped a handgun bigger then a little derringer in a toliet all it would do is sit there until some other person found it? So whats the point?
I wish someone would drop a nice model 19 in a toilet. I'd be happy to reach right in there to rescue it and give it a good home:D

Jokes on them! A few years ago I met a lovely lady on OKC. We went out, had a great date, and dessert was on the menu. Upon arriving at her house I stopped(before setting foot on her property) and told her that I needed to tell her something at the same time as I moved her hand from my arm to the butt of my carry piece. Asked if she'd prefer I locked it in my car and that if it bothered her in any way I'd accept a handshake and go on home.

She made me waffles and we talked guns all that next morning.

Suck it, OKC, "we" are people too!

This country certainly shouldn't look further into the mental health crisis, but instead let it run amok and ban things they might get their hands on. Watch out knives and cars, you're next!!
As a mental health worker, I wonder what you mean. Seriously, if we treat the country like an asylum the plastic silverware and shoelaces got to go!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top