JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Deconstruct the ad:
The square toilet reminds me of a 50's Americanization of Walter Gropius' Bauhaus designs. Three things to get your attention: a square toilet, garish colors, a gun. It got your attention, didn't it?
As we, in our society, unconsciously scan from left to right, the "Filter out the right" is the subliminal message.

Though the message can be literally construed to to mean "filter out the 2nd Amendment Right", and is arguably part of the ad creator's thinking, I believe the application of Occam's Razor implies, "Don't loan your Pink Cadillac out to Conservatives."
Because, of course we ALL know, women who are DTF are intelligent pacifists with liberal ideals.

"Can't control it" and "move on...?" I disagree. Though I do worry about the direction and devolution of social mores, I exert some effect in discussing such things with my children and their friends, and encourage them to think for themselves.

61a61e35-85de-48b8-bb09-9d1610dda7c9-jpeg.jpg

"Just Saw The Most Disgusting TriMet Bus...".

You had me at "bus"...

Cannot stand the sight of them; particularly when only two passengers are riding.

Can't stand to be behind them.

Can't stand the smell...

A bus is the perfect place to hang sordid pictures...

There was a joke "floating" around a few years ago; if you drop your keys into the bowl, make it worth dipping your hand into the poo by throwing in your watch...

Yep. I liken it to seeing a lynched minority hanging from a tree and to be advised to "ignore it and move on" as cowardly and dangerous. sue me
That was a sharp turn... bus advertising for an online dating site straight to lynching... I'm not sure I see the connection and If you feel "persecuted" by a bus ad, well I don't think any of this is going to help.

The thing about the first amendment I don't have to like other people's position. I don't like the ad but I can't pick and choose rights. You either have them or you don't. Dropping a gun in the toilet does not go against the 2a it is simply trying to sway political opinion.

Oh i know... Shes dropping it into the toilet to try and ditch it or wash her prints off a murder weapon!!

got it i understand it now :p

So... what is a "CMO"?

"In the current political and social climate, we felt a responsibility and saw an opportunity to play a part in changing the conversation about dating culture and empowering each individual to reclaim the meaning of DTF and make it theirs," she says.

Totally millennial.

totally millennial.
Agreed. Give me Give me Give me.
Or change what i want to suit my needs.
I missed the millennial decade and actually had to work my A@@ off for everything i earned.
However growing up my younger brother was the millennial of the family and hes the same way now. Sad to see it.

Last Edited:
Maybe they should have changed it to DTFWC, or Down To Fornicate With Consent... I feel that is more poignant and appropriate from a dating sight. Trust me, without getting into detail and derailing this thread, rape is not an exclusive trait of any political party.
I will say that it is weird a dating sight has to appeal to a group of people who regularly meet in large groups and go to the same places. You'd think they would be able to build relationships on their own. Maybe their efforts would be better spent building bridges rather than tearing them down, since they're a dating site?

The ad could suggest ruining our first amendment rights through disposing of the second.
Anyway I dislike the ad, and think it is stupid.

The thing that gets me in today's world, besides fake news, is that there is so much trendy phraseology. Not a single person seems to have an original thought. It's all the same blah blah blah, flapping of the gums and usage of buzzwords like "triggered" and stock concepts. Bunches of geese or lemmings IMO.

Are we our parents? Remember? Parents disliked the music, the way we talked, the hair, the way we wanted to dress, the way we drove, what we ate, some of our friends, the TV etc. I understand the anger here, I feel it, but I see my Dad in myself all the time. The things I say, the way I eat. I look like him for the most part. A lot of things right down to the hair on my knuckles. Will this just pass and everyone will turn out fine? And, I'm damned glad I'm not a millennial, or younger.

Maybe they should have changed it to DTFWC, or Down To Fornicate With Consent... I feel that is more poignant and appropriate from a dating sight. Trust me, without getting into detail and derailing this thread, rape is not an exclusive trait of any political party.
I will say that it is weird a dating sight has to appeal to a group of people who regularly meet in large groups and go to the same places. You'd think they would be able to build relationships on their own. Maybe their efforts would be better spent building bridges rather than tearing them down, since they're a dating site?

The ad could suggest ruining our first amendment rights through disposing of the second.
Anyway I dislike the ad, and think it is stupid.

Well said!

However, is that what dating is today? Just looking to fornicate? I was always horny but still enjoyed a gal's company. Some more than others.

Are we our parents? Remember? Parents disliked the music, the way we talked, the hair, the way we wanted to dress, the way we drove, what we ate, some of our friends, the TV etc. I understand the anger here, I feel it, but I see my Dad in myself all the time. The things I say, the way I eat. I look like him for the most part. A lot of things right down to the hair on my knuckles. Will this just pass and everyone will turn out fine? And, I'm damned glad I'm not a millennial, or younger.

Yes. And I reserve the right to stand in my yard and glare while muttering "What's he/they doing there?"

Just peeved by most of it. But angry that it is more acceptable to indicate that the "far right", along with their guns (also intimating that it is only the "far right" that has handguns), should be flushed. Since when is it ok to say to get rid of a certain class of people??? I get tired of being looked down on, despised, and hated by these folks. But they are trying to wear us down. Not gonna let them. Getting angry enough to speak up is part of what is needed IMO. Not gonna lay back and take it up the wazoo.

Could be, but that is just an option and who am I to tell anyone they can't have casual sex. I can offer them advice, but ultimately it is up to consent between the involved parties.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews