JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Complete PSA lower 9mm $180
9mm Barrel $80
Forend $80
Upper receiver $40
Bolt $80
Charging handle $20
Shockwave blade $40

$520 total

Those do come out looking nice. Tempt me every time I see one but then to me PCC's are almost like 1911's. Every damn one I see I want :)
Right now you can buy a Ruger PC Carbine for $530. That of course does not include the shipping to your FFL, transfer, and tax. Guy selling them at that price seems to be getting quite a few of them. Temped to buy one from him. Only reason I have not is I am trying to hold off and give Davidson's my business. fully expect to pay even a little more than that from him but I like giving him my money after past experience.

I FINALLY got the call just now... It is in! :s0139:
This time it's not the Cali compliant BS like the last one they sent.
It's too late to go pick it up today though... I'll be sending rounds down range tomorrow afternoon!
Range report coming soon!:s0155:

I FINALLY got the call just now... It is in! :s0139:
This time it's not the Cali compliant BS like the last one they sent.
It's too late to go pick it up today though... I'll be sending rounds down range tomorrow afternoon!
Range report coming soon!:s0155:

Enjoy!! Looking forward to hearing what you think. I am getting very tempted to just buy one myself. Trying to hold out to give my favorite place the money but seeing them daily it's hard to wait :)

Hit the range with mine today for the first time.

I shot roughly a hundred rounds with perfect function, other than if I was too gentle, the first round in each magazine took a little bolt manipulation to get the round chambered. The case mouth was catching on the top of the feed ramp. I'm hoping this very abrupt edge will soften with some usage. and two days later it did. Two day update...The first round is now chambering nicely.:D

I was shooting at and hitting chips of clay pigeons on the berm at 50 yards when I figured out the Kentucky windage. When I got home, I performed a sight adjustment for windage. I discovered the little tiny set screw requires a quality allen wrench to loosen it. The hex-bits in the cheap gun-tool sets were not up to it, including the Pachmayr brand bits. Not a big deal, but it's a tiny little internal hex, and it was tight. A good old fashioned American allen wrench finally did the trick. Compared to the tip of a ball point pen, you can see just how small this screw is. :mrgreen:
P1050395.jpg

The peep sight, although not really a peep sight since it's a ghost ring mounted on the barrel, was very difficult for me to see. A true peep sight mounted to the receiver is a better choice for me. Not a criticism, but an observation. My original PC4 carbine, with the receiver mounted ghost ring, is far easier for me to shoot well.

I'm not a red-dot kind of person, but I did mount one to this gun after I was done at the range, for an experiment the next time out.
P1050406.jpg

I also encountered some confusion when changing the mag insert from the SR9 insert to the Glock insert. The manual said to push the mag release while simultaneously pushing an internal plunger in the magwell. As soon as I pushed the mag release, the mag insert came out easily before I even pushed on the plunger. Further, it said pushing the plunger was not required with the Glock mag insert. No matter what it says, the change from the SR9 adapter to the Glock insert was effortless.

From the box, with two butt-spacers installed, the length of pull was 13-3/8", which I think is quite plenty for this kind of gun. There are two more spacers in the box, which when installed, would add nearly another inch to the length of pull. This is not a trap gun, and too long a length of pull would in my opinion, be a hindrance.

In my less than scientific test today, I shot bargain-basement 115 gr ball, 124 gr NATO, and 147 gr HST's. Didn't matter. The little gun handled them all the same.

In a nutshell, this is a very decent and effective little carbine, for what it's designed to be. In fact, it operated with perfect monotony.

Last Edited:
I am a huge fan of the original PC carbines. I had a pc4 for a long time. Even had a 357 sig barrel for it. I am really excited to try out the new ones but I have read that one individual said if put any pressure on the fore stock it would throw off the accuracy. Never gave it much thought and I have never played with the rugers that come apart for storage like this one. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Complete PSA lower 9mm $180
9mm Barrel $80
Forend $80
Upper receiver $40
Bolt $80
Charging handle $20
Shockwave blade $40

$520 total

only paid $489.99 including BGC for my Ruger PC. I figure a factory built rifle, made by Ruger was worth it. I can part together an AR9 finding the cheapest parts in time plus I have two already.
I had the original Ruger 9mm carbine that used ruger Pseries mags which I paid $350 for used from the gunbroker in Clackamas, never should have sold it and I cant even remember why I did get rid of it. I do remember it did have trouble from time to time feeding when going all out to dump a mag.

only paid $489.99 including BGC for my Ruger PC. I figure a factory built rifle, made by Ruger was worth it. I can part together an AR9 finding the cheapest parts in time plus I have two already.
I had the original Ruger 9mm carbine that used ruger Pseries mags which I paid $350 for used from the gunbroker in Clackamas, never should have sold it and I cant even remember why I did get rid of it. I do remember it did have trouble from time to time feeding when going all out to dump a mag.

If you go on the cheap with a $30 forend , 16" barrel and a standard buttstock you can do an 9mm AR under $400. These are the golden days of AR's. Enjoy them whilst they last for dark days are ahead.

If you go on the cheap with a $30 forend , 16" barrel and a standard buttstock you can do an 9mm AR under $400. These are the golden days of AR's. Enjoy them whilst they last for dark days are ahead.

DAMN RIGHT!! Many, and I do mean MANY gun owners are jumping up and down trying to get the AR ban going again. One nice thing about guns like these new Rugers. They may well miss the first wave of ban when they start in again. Since most law makers don't know which end a bullet comes out on guns they ban by looks. Remember last one the Mini 14 was never mentioned because it did not "look evil". When they come for the AR PCC's the people making the laws may well miss things like these, at first anyway. Of course they will also go after mags again too though.

Get them mags while you can too. I'm buying $100 a month worth and if there's anyone that doesn't NEED more mags its me.

Yep I laid in a lifetime supply, which at my age was easy to do :). I keep telling others who soon forget. There will be another panic, and there will be another ban. Don't wait till then. Humans are famous for short memories though <shrug>

I am hoping Remington brings back the 7400 / 750 rifles (because they don't "look evil"). I really liked those rifles and all the interesting caliber options. I think they quit making them because folks tastes moved away from traditional sportsman / hunting style to the tacti-cool style. I like both, so I am happy with either.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top