JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have heard some complain about trigger reset problems.
Did Ruger find something?

RugerForum.com • View topic - Ruger PC9 problems and solutions

And this. Go to about 10min 30 sec.

First I had heard of that and he claims Ruger could not get it to do it for them and Ruger also claimed his was the first. Still sounds like they treated him very well. fixed it free even after they could not get it to do what he has happen, and 10 business day turn around to get it back. Impressive.
Up till this the only problem I have seen is a malfunction where the round ejects and a new round loads but the bolt did not get thrown back far enough to cock the action. I have seen a few examples of this. Mine has not done this no matter what ammo I try and even after I on purpose let it get VERY dirty just to see what would happen. I did use grease on the bolt from the start as I do with all autos. Hickock had this problem with his and was using oil, a lot of oil. I would look for some kind of drag in the bolt, if none found maybe the dead blow weight they had was slightly too heavy. So far that is the only problems I have seen with Glock mags. The one review did have trouble with both ETS mags, that would not fit it the rifle well. They had to be forced in. That same guy also had some trouble with the Korean drum mags. So far I have been unable to get mine to quit with any ammo but have only used Glock mags. Both G-17 and G-18.

I talked to NW Armory about my deposit on a Ruger PC and now they told me its going to be a year if I was one of the first 100 people who put down a deposit(which i was). I literally called them from the gun counter at Bimart, because Bimart in Oregon City had one for $497.97, so I got it. I wont be putting money down with NW Armory again, they originally told me it was going to be 3-4 months. The local Ruger representative told them they are selling as fast as they can make them and to make a new assembly line for the rifle wouldn't be cost effective. I have put 50rd through it using 4 different mags, glock, magpul, ETS, and a Korean drum. They all locked in tight and functioned great. Cant wait to put a scope on it and reach out and touch some plate steel.

I talked to NW Armory about my deposit on a Ruger PC and now they told me its going to be a year if I was one of the first 100 people who put down a deposit(which i was). I literally called them from the gun counter at Bimart, because Bimart in Oregon City had one for $497.97, so I got it. I wont be putting money down with NW Armory again, they originally told me it was going to be 3-4 months. The local Ruger representative told them they are selling as fast as they can make them and to make a new assembly line for the rifle wouldn't be cost effective. I have put 50rd through it using 4 different mags, glock, magpul, ETS, and a Korean drum. They all locked in tight and functioned great. Cant wait to put a scope on it and reach out and touch some plate steel.

Every time something new hits like this many don't understand that part. Many have no idea how it works for a manufacturer. Some new hot item like this takes a lot of machinery to make. They can't invest in making a new "line" to say double the capacity. since the problem is that as soon as they flooded the market the guns would stop selling then the machines would sit idle. Many did not get this when for years .22 ammo could not be found. Many were screaming conspiracy. I would try to explain to them they can't build a new plant to make the stuff since as soon as they caught up the machines would sit idle.
Glad you are enjoying your's. Mine is rapidly becoming the best money I ever spent. There is now tons of the PC Carbine to buy. Anyone can just order one right now. That does not mean every dealer can just get some though. Distributors give them to the best customers first.

Cabelas in Tualitan had them(2) in the warehouse for $529 or something. but I figured id either wait for Nw armory or find one at a similar price. the lady at Bimart asked me what the PC in PC Carbine meant, I told her Politically Correct. :)
I find the Takedown feature to be kind of useless. Id just like a folding stock version, with a bayonet. ;)

Cabelas in Tualitan had them(2) in the warehouse for $529 or something. but I figured id either wait for Nw armory or find one at a similar price. the lady at Bimart asked me what the PC in PC Carbine meant, I told her Politically Correct. :)
I find the Takedown feature to be kind of useless. Id just like a folding stock version, with a bayonet. ;)

The $529 at a shop where there was no shipping or transfer fee's would be a very good price right now. Of course only problem with that would be the horror stories I have heard of trying to buy a gun at Cabelas. Many here have related some stories of it being an hours long process to get out the door with a gun they have in the rack. When I bought my second TNW PCC I almost bought it from Cabelas as they had a couple of them with a free ship to the store south of me. After reading several accounts of problems I elected to pass on them. The thought of driving to another county, then being there for hours just to get out the door made me use another shop.
As for "accessories" while I am sure you are joking the way these are selling I have no doubt the after market is soon going to be full of all kinds of goodies for these. Now I just need one in 10mm!!! :)
I am sorely temped to try one of those drum mags for mine. I really wish someone would make a better quality one. I would have no problem paying even twice what the Korean ones run if someone came out with one that was as well made as the factory Glock mags.

The $529 at a shop where there was no shipping or transfer fee's would be a very good price right now. Of course only problem with that would be the horror stories I have heard of trying to buy a gun at Cabelas. Many here have related some stories of it being an hours long process to get out the door with a gun they have in the rack. When I bought my second TNW PCC I almost bought it from Cabelas as they had a couple of them with a free ship to the store south of me. After reading several accounts of problems I elected to pass on them. The thought of driving to another county, then being there for hours just to get out the door made me use another shop.
As for "accessories" while I am sure you are joking the way these are selling I have no doubt the after market is soon going to be full of all kinds of goodies for these. Now I just need one in 10mm!!! :)
I am sorely temped to try one of those drum mags for mine. I really wish someone would make a better quality one. I would have no problem paying even twice what the Korean ones run if someone came out with one that was as well made as the factory Glock mags.
I buy guns from Cabelas a lot. The only thing that is slow is if the check out or BBC machines (they are direct on line) are busy. Never have any trouble and try to avoid peak times. We order guns here in idaho and avoid sales tax so that makes a big difference with expensive guns. I love the Gun Library service where they will transfer a gun from any of there stores to yours for 25.00. If you like it, it is yours and if not no problem. I have spent 6,000 with then this year so far. The library manager knows me well and calls when he gets something he thinks I might like. I see companies a lot quote or advertise good prices on popular items.......when they don't have them in stock or have them available. When they are in stock, things change.

Last Edited:
I buy guns from Cabelas a lot. The only thing that is slow is if the check out or BBC machines (they are direct on line) are busy. Never have any trouble and try to avoid peak times. We order guns here innidaho and avoid sales tax so that makes a big difference with expensive guns. I love the Gun Library service where they will transfer a gun from any of there stores to yours for 25.00. If you like it, it is yours and if not no problem. I have spent 6,000 with then this year so far.

Must be a local problem with a couple stores here. The stories here were never a problem with the BGC, it was staffing. That the store had like one person who could do the sale or such and people spent hours trying to just pay and get out the door. It was something that I read so many times here it made me pass on even trying the one here. Wife keeps wanting to go down and see the new one here as it's supposed to be impressive. I will be getting down there to take a barrel to a guy down that way who does Cerocoat as an excuse to go see the store.

swung through cabelas this week and was surprised to see one of these on the shelf. Grabbed a number and was in and out in 45 minutes. Took it to the range yesterday and I am happy to report its a keeper

swung through cabelas this week and was surprised to see one of these on the shelf. Grabbed a number and was in and out in 45 minutes. Took it to the range yesterday and I am happy to report its a keeper

Only surprise here was that you were able to get out of there in :45 minuets :)
There is a ton of these out there now even though they still sell like hot cakes and everyone who gets one seems to share my opinion, they are a big hit. Only downside is due to these and probably a couple others that use the Glock mags is the shortage of the Happy sticks now. The after market should be showing up with some good stuff for these soon the way they are selling. Looking forward to seeing what comes down the line for them.

Im hopeful magpul will come out with there line of stocks like the 10/22 takedown so that I can have twins. IMG_20180426_192305739.jpg

Coastal in Cornelius had one for $529.99 as of 5:00pm yesterday...

I was sorely tempted to take it home and probably would have if I didn't already have an AR 9mm.

I do think if someone is new PCC's and thinking about their 1st one, then this one would fit the bill nicely! I will end up with one eventually. :)

Coastal in Cornelius had one for $529.99 as of 5:00pm yesterday...

I was sorely tempted to take it home and probably would have if I didn't already have an AR 9mm.

I do think if someone is new PCC's and thinking about their 1st one, then this one would fit the bill nicely! I will end up with one eventually. :)

Even with it being 9mm mine has become the best money I have ever spent. I just love it. The pipeline is full of them now. $530 has become the normal price with many selling them for $500. Recoil is so light on these even kids can enjoy them. The PCC is never going to be for everyone but anyone who wants a PCC should try one of these. They are just done right. Another big win for Ruger.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top