JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The magwell design might make wood stocks a difficult task. Frankly I don't see it happening... by ruger or aftermarket. From what I see, and I'm certainly no engineer so I could be wrong... If they do make one out of wood, they will have to design a separate piece to house the magwell and mag release out of alloy, or poly. Using wood there would have to be too thick in order to maintain rigidity and strength and 1) would look and feel terrible and add a bunch of weight....and 2) it wouldn't allow enough space for that, what I'm guessing is a bolt catch, forward of the trigger group. looking at a whole lot of engineering+ tooling for manufacturing etc = lots of $$$$. Kinda counter to the portable/affordable PCC concept... Might as well design a whole new platform at that point.

I'll have mine tomorrow and will lay closer eyeballs on the magwell area then, but I suspect you may be underestimating the strength of hardwood.

I could live with and love it if someone like Boyds came out with something that was both wood and some plastic if needed. Only time will tell. I have no doubt I will love mine even if I have to live with the plastic stock. Really looking forward to Davidson's getting enough of them in to order one up!!

I really tried to order local but apparently the simple task that I accomplished from my computer is beyond the skills and resources of every large business I asked to find me one of these.Their loss!
So who was ultimately able to get one for you?

Last Edited:
I expect Boyd's will meet that need promptly, and if they don't I'll make my own.

Signed up for in-stock notifications from a handful of stores and managed to order one, which will be at my FFL Thursday. I really tried to order local but apparently the simple task that I accomplished from my computer is beyond the skills and resources of every large business I asked to find me one of these. Their loss!

You have to remember it's not that local shops don't want to sell you one. It's a matter of Ruger makes a pallet full and they are off to a distributor. The Distributor then bargains with the FFL holders who buy from them. The better customers get them first. It often seems odd but it's not new. When I wanted a MKIV it was right after they announced the recall for everyone they had made. The one shop I have bought quite a few guns from looked and said about 1 year. I thought WTF? Next day stopped at another shop had never been too but had been wanting to look at. He said same thing, 9 months to year. The next week online place 100 of them in stock ready to go. All I had to do was choose the dealer I wanted to have receive it and do the transfer. Just the way it seems to be.

Sheesh, iPhone X of guns.

Imagine if they did release days like Apple. Folks lining up at the gun store overnighting it in tents.

Lol.

Sheesh, iPhone X of guns.

Imagine if they did release days like Apple. Folks lining up at the gun store overnighting it in tents.

Lol.
I think Glock holds that title.. their new X model being released at the coming shot show is going to have.. wait for it...!

a lanyard hole

I think Glock holds that title.. their new X model being released at the coming shot show is going to have.. wait for it...!

a lanyard hole
They win for the least added new features award, as well as stepping backwards with almost proprietary magazines.

I don't see anyone lining up for one though.

They win for the least added new features award, as well as stepping backwards with almost proprietary magazines.

I don't see anyone lining up for one though.
the biggest thing is the grip is actually G17 length with a g19 length barrel. Lots of folks I know shoot a 17 better than a 19 because of the grip so this is actually pretty cool.

So who was ultimately able to get one for you?

I signed up for email alerts at a half dozen or so places, but Online Gun Store | Largest Gun Selection | Kentucky Gun Co was the place who had one come in and stay in stock long enough for me to get home and make my purchase. I've gotten a couple alerts from other places such as grabagun since but they were all sold out in minutes.

It arrived today and I've been playing with it, will get to shoot it tomorrow.

I signed up for email alerts at a half dozen or so places, but Online Gun Store | Largest Gun Selection | Kentucky Gun Co was the place who had one come in and stay in stock long enough for me to get home and make my purchase. I've gotten a couple alerts from other places such as grabagun since but they were all sold out in minutes.

It arrived today and I've been playing with it, will get to shoot it tomorrow.
Looking forward to hearing how you like it!!

Looking forward to hearing how you like it!!

Quick initial impressions:

Trigger feels like their BX 10/22 trigger - it's definitely nicer than the factory 10/22 trigger, but I'd still throw a VQ hammer in there if it turns out they fit.

Takedown mechanism is really stiff, I never had a 10/22 TD so I don't know if that's normal and/or will break in and be easier. It's not impossible to work, anyway.

The innards of the swappable magwells are really slick. The external release button on the stock clicks into glock mags, and also operates a little mechanism in the SR9 magwell that latches into the SR9 latch which is in the middle of the front of the mag. It seems like they could put whatever latch they want in the magwell and have the button operate it. This is REALLY neat and suggests it will be able to eventually take all kinds of mags.

The swappable charging handle is just a 10-32 machine screw holding on a steel bushing. If you want one on both sides like I do, you could just order a second one and install it. I made a temporary one by buying a screw and bushing at the hardware store for 76 cents, and if they ever start selling them individually I'll consider one if they're cheap.

I've seen conflicting info on this one, so I can confirm that the bolt does lock open when the mag is empty.

In the box you get:

Gun, with SR9 magwell
Lock, chamber flag
One sr9 mag
Glock magwell
three half inch butt pad spacers
three Allen keys (one for charging handle and stock screws, one for butt pad screws, tiny one for sights)

Will see how it shoots tomorrow!

Picked one up today at Fishermans in Oregon City. Took it apart and cleaned it up, hoping to get out to the range before too long and give it a try. Sorry for the indoor pictures, too wet outside today!

IMG_6267.JPG IMG_6268.JPG

Here I been studyin the internet for availability, and there was one local?

Good catch.:cool:

Thanks. Was hoping to see one in person and handle it rather than order online. Once I picked it up, I didn't want to put it back down.

The sales associate said it came in yesterday, and was the first one they had received.

Thanks. Was hoping to see one in person and handle it rather than order online. Once I picked it up, I didn't want to put it back down.

The sales associate said it came in yesterday, and was the first one they had received.

Looking forward to hearing how you like it. I see them rolling in daily other places. Just waiting till my favorite place has one I can order up since I'm already sold on one. For the ones who want to hold it they will be in the racks daily. Just a matter of time till any stick around long enough for people to handle. Right now they are out the door as fast as they come in of course. Should not take long for after market stuff to start showing up too.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top