JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

A Washington state tsunami watch has been issued by the National Weather Service. This Washington tsunami watch also extends to the Oregon coast, and speaks about the danger that the Pacific Ocean could pose to the West Coast. At about 2:46 p.m. (Japan local time), an 8.8 earthquake hit the country of Japan, causing several tsunamis to hit the coast hard. The extent of the damage is still being measured, but now surrounding areas are also in danger.

KPTV out of Oregon just reported that the tsunami watch will be in effect until Friday morning up and down the coast. If a tsunami is indeed heading this direction, its expected arrival time will be at about 7:15 a.m. PST on Friday. The statement that a watch has been issued is not the worst case scenario, as it could still be upgraded to a tsunami warning. Under a "watch" we are just getting plenty of warning to possibly prepare, but it's still unlikely that the wave will make it all the way over here from Japan.

This is a dangerous situation that anyone living on the West Coast should be aware of, and something that should be continuously monitored just in case the National Weather Service believes that the risk has increased for Washington and Oregon.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Washington state under tsunami watch after earthquake in Japan - Spokane Headlines

Stay safe brothers and sisters.

HONOLULU &#8212; A tsunami warning has been expanded to include the entire western U.S. coast.

The Tsunami Warning Center says the warning is in effect for California, Oregon, Washington and southern Alaska.

Warnings were issued for Hawaii and other parts of the Pacific following a tsunami early Friday after a massive earthquake struck in Japan. (8.9)

Tsunami warnings are issued due to the imminent threat of a tsunami.

Tsunami Slams Northern Japan After Massive 8.9 Magnitude Earthquake Strikes Off Coast - FoxNews.com

WOW SHTF for JAPAN... 8.9 earthquake and 33 foot wall of water.

I was actually thinking about earthquakes yesterday and how there has been a large increase in the "ring of fire" and we are in that ring. That was what prompted my water filtration bottle thread.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all over there. I was stationed at Camp Foster in Okinawa, still no word out of there, any of you hear anything please give an update.

Did you guys hear that the moon will be very close to the earth on march 19th,, it may be related to the recent volcanic activity and earthquakes due to gravitational forces, if the tectonic plates are in a state of instability at the same time as the moon being very close to the earth,, could be setting up for the perfect geological event....I'm scared (or maybe not):p.... maybe that crazy mayan calender wasnt to far off.....AAAHHHHH.....

I watched a lot of the video last night, it was pretty awesome, but not in a good way. I was in awe of the power that the Tsunami had. Every time I saw a car trying to out run the water/debris I kept shouting, "don't worry about the speed limit, just freaking drive like the wind". I said a lot of prayers for the survivors, it is truely one big mess over there. I work with a lot of Japanese people here, I can only wonder how many are affected by this.

I just saw a news release from authorities in Japan stating stating 88k missing. I am sure this number will bounce around all over the place but suffice it to say it is a remarkable catastrophe.
I have a number of FEMA certificates and was required to do significan indepth study on disasters and their history. Almost nothing I researched affected me like seeing that wall of water scrub a town(s) off the face of the earth.

the simple point is they are increasing at an alarming rate and more severe, and for those who read the scriptures (not something that is popular or cool to most) it is all talked about in many different places as the beginning of the end times. Matt. 24:4-31 is just one of many if it interests you, if not then no worries. Not trying to start a debate, argument or anything else simply sharing what I have read and made a comment on it.

Anyway you look at it, it is a very bad day for those folks in Japan, I feel bad for them and the kids in particular. Could very easily be us at any time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top