JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I say, everybody knows where Iran's nuclear facilities are put that information to work.
Yea I was thinking similar. Let's say Israel can only do a limited strike since they essentially got zero damage from Iran's attack. So they could hit all nuclear sites really hard and ignore everything else.

I originally pictured small bombs hitting in several israeli cities but basically nothing got through (which is amazing). They may have a hard time launching a major attack on Iran in light of that but who knows.

If they really, really wanted to be hard asses Israel could tell the US, "ok we won't launch a major attack, just hit their nuke facilities, but in return you look the other way while we finish our business in Rafah".

The Iranian response might have been an acceptable risk from the Israeli bombing of the Iranian embassy in Damascus, Syria, which may have been an error on Israel's part. Very likely coordinated in order to actually de-escalate, though it looks like an escalation on the surface.

Yea I was thinking similar. Let's say Israel can only do a limited strike since they essentially got zero damage from Iran's attack. So they could hit all nuclear sites really hard and ignore everything else.

I originally pictured small bombs hitting in several israeli cities but basically nothing got through (which is amazing). They may have a hard time launching a major attack on Iran in light of that but who knows.

If they really, really wanted to be hard asses Israel could tell the US, "ok we won't launch a major attack, just hit their nuke facilities, but in return you look the other way while we finish our business in Rafah".
The issue is Iran's weapons program, encompassing a number of facilities, are deep underground. Israel has made a number of attempts to destroy or slow their progress, including taking out scientists and through cyber attacks such as stuxnet. It's not like there's some building sitting in the desert that says 'bomb me'. If that were the case then they (and we) would probably have already taken it out.

Like N.Korea, Iran's doing everything underground. I don't know how we would or could stop them. History has proven that we can't. It's inevitable. It only takes Iran to have the willingness to commit suicide and destroy itself and it's people by attacking Israel with their nukes. The bets on if they're that dedicated to the cause.

I wish our intelligence services, special forces and military were so great that we could prevent that, but I'm pessimistic on that front. To me it's a matter of time. Not if but when.

Up at the Northeastern corner of the Persian Gulf there is an area of Iran which has most of the lower-lying terrain that's in Western Iran, this area stretching inland to a mountain line that runs kind of Northwest/Southeast.
Near the bottom of the Iranian border in this land where it meets the Persian Gulf is the Bushehr Nuke Plant, and most of Irans nuke facilities and missile delivery systems are located on the Southwest facing range of those mountains where the "flatlands" that border the Persian Gulf turn into those mountains.
One of the scenarios that Israel has been practicing is to use their aircraft divided into pairs that are one-behind-the-other.
The lead aircraft shoots a "Deep penetrator" missile to open a pathway into the mountain slope, the second aircraft then launches its "Tactical Nuke" into the opening the penetrator made.
For sure the Bushehr plant is toast.
It might be interesting to note that only in the last couple of years has Israel acquired its own "in house" air-to-air refueling capability so that it no longer depends upon US operated refueling systems/aircraft.
Its aircraft can now make the entire mission with only two refuelings, one to get there, one to get back.
With the more-or-less normal wind directions, strikes in that region will render the area between the mountains and the Persian Gulf a wasteland.

Edit: apparently Israel attacked an Iranian airbase 200 miles south of Iran. It's a place where drones are built according to sky news.

So now we have to wait and see how much damage and if Iran attacks back.

Last Edited:
Oops looks like it's a limited strike according to sky news. I guess I was too hasty and misread the nypost article when I skimmed it. Skynews said Israel targeted drone factories in Iran. So that's pretty mild attck according to them.

Too much conflicting info this early. ABC says Israel launched 300 missiles and drones. CBS says they targeted nuclear facilities. Skynews says drone factories. Pretty clear this is a limited strike though and that's the main thing that's seems clear.

Last Edited:
Skynews is saying the primary targets were air defense systems. This makes the most sense because it hits back and makes it easier to attack next time with jets, if needed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top