JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To me, Father's (and Mother's) day is like the holiday Festivus on Seinfeld.

The celebration is centered around airing grievances and wrestling for dominance.

I don't talk to my dad much. Maybe 3 times a year. He's a bit of a POS.
Every time I soeak to him I'm reminded of why I hadn't talked to him in 3-4 mths.

But it's about my kids.
This Sunday I will probably start the dining room table I keep telling my wife I'm going to build for her.

I already saw she and my Mom bought me a pressure washer!
I have to pretend I didn't see it!

The older I get the more I find what is most precious to me is time and connections with the people I care about. How about a day of shooting with the family? Believe me, I understand that money is tight. So if something does need to be bought, let it simply be the ammo and lunch. Memories attached to events are pretty cool too. :)

I got a new long block to replace the one that grenaded in my pickup, a new well pump/control box to replace the one about to puke out, 11 lbs of refrigerant in the AC unit and a new double check valve for the sprinkler system. All in the last month to the tune of $11,700. Going on a hike with the chillens and BBQing Sunday.

The older I get the more I find what is most precious to me is time and connections with the people I care about. How about a day of shooting with the family? Believe me, I understand that money is tight. So if something does need to be bought, let it simply be the ammo and lunch. Memories attached to events are pretty cool too. :)

We are going out to dinner which we hardly ever do, so that will be fun and we have the second movie of a trilogy we are watching planned for after.

We are going to do it tonight because my daughter volunteers a lot and has a friends graduation party this weekend so she is pretty busy.

Although she said and has always said she would cancel her other plans in order to be with my wife and I for whatever we do for Father's Day.

My wife will shoot but isn't really into guns, it's a 'my thing' and my daughter has reluctantly agreed to go with me if I take her BF shooting (dang vegetarians lol).

So to keep things low stress I have asked that we do the dishes after I fix the garbage disposal and do our regular laundry stuff;)

o_O???
Vats diss gift you speak of for Father's Day?
I'm with monster,if I get a text from my kid it will be a good day.
Oh I'm sure I'll get one,right after I send him a happy Father's Day text;)

o_O???
Vats diss gift you speak of for Father's Day?
I'm with monster,if I get a text from my kid it will be a good day.
Oh I'm sure I'll get one,right after I send him a happy Father's Day text;)

I think I'm going to order the Essee if for no other reason then it's been a constant on my want list and Father's Day is as good of an excuse as any to get one:D

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top