JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"With a muzzle velocity of 1,275 fps, the new 180-grain ... shoots flat and packs a powerful punch... the load gives hunters the power to take down deer, bears or hogs."

Federal Premium Ammunition - News Releases

You can be forgiven if you mistook this for an 1881 advertising circular touting the, (then), new 180 grain 38WCF load when paired with the ground breaking Winchester 1873 Rifle!

Isn't it amazing that here in the 21st century we can holster a light weight semi-automatic handgun that is the ballistic equal of a 19th century deer rifle!

o_O

You will have to forgive me, because I was fooled!
I suppose one of these days I will have to get a 10mm! Probably after I get a revolver tho.

rimg.jpg

If you dare pull the trigger! :eek:

"With a muzzle velocity of 1,275 fps, the new 180-grain ... shoots flat and packs a powerful punch... the load gives hunters the power to take down deer, bears or hogs."

Federal Premium Ammunition - News Releases

You can be forgiven if you mistook this for an 1881 advertising circular touting the, (then), new 180 grain 38WCF load when paired with the ground breaking Winchester 1873 Rifle!

Isn't it amazing that here in the 21st century we can holster a light weight semi-automatic handgun that is the ballistic equal of a 19th century deer rifle!

Point: Many hunters look on the 38-40* rifle as utterly inadequate for deer, let alone black bear. However, the rise of handgun hunting has led to a reevaluation of this "modern" view of hunting round effectiveness.

* In spite of the name, 38-40 cartridges use a 40 caliber bullet. o_O

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads