Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

It seems no one ever mentions this.....

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by vertical ascent, Mar 21, 2013.

1. vertical ascent

vertical ascent Vancouver Active Member

Sorry for babbling, I can't sleep. I am too excited for tomorrow.

Over the course of several months, I have been reading and listening to various news outlets, talking heads and some blogs. When the conversation is on guns, I always hear, guns are for killing/hunting, guns belong in the battlefield, who needs more than 10 rounds to go hunting, who needs more than 10 rounds for self defense, use a shotgun, fire it in the air to scare the so called "bad guys" away, it goes on and on and on.
    I own firearm/weapon, I happen to enjoy the sport of target shooting, this hobby is no different than somebody who enjoys fishing, bowling, knitting, rafting, playing a sport/s, etc. etc. It is just one of the many hobbies that I enjoy, rock-climbing, snowboarding, hiking, camping just to name a few. (No wonder why I am always broke). I assist in stimulating the local and national economy by buying things (go back to, no wonder why I am always broke) And pay my share of taxes. Now why would anyone be so insistent on restricting me of my hobby?

2. Suge206

Suge206 Seattle Active Member

its been covered at length. its the basis for most of our arguments. settle down and try and get some sleep.

3. Wifey

Wifey N.E. PDX Active Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

What I'd like to know is what's going on tomorrow that you're so danged excited about?!?!

Wifey

4. GuyBMeredith

GuyBMeredith Salem, Oregon Active Member

But the truth is that there needs to be more promotion of the non violent recreation. Even the 2dn Amendment infers violence to be the reason for ownership, albeit violence in protection of the innocent.

5. Glock Jock

Glock Jock Wilsonville , OR Well-Known Member

what is happening tomorrow? the suspense is killing me

6. Flopsweat

Flopsweat Slightly right of center Well-Known Member

Watch it be "I get better lookin' each day" ;)

7. vertical ascent

vertical ascent Vancouver Active Member

Just a new "plinkerer" that I had my eyes on for some time. It had been on back-order for several months, pre-panic price.