JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I love duck and if I keep eating it like I do one of these steel BBs will break a tooth. Has anybody had any luck with the little metal detectors? I try to inspect the birds closely but I always miss some shot.

Get one of the small, hand held pinpoint metal detectors. These are used by us treasure hunters to locate small items after the hole is dug to eliminate further digging and probing. Run it over the duck after the feathers are removed.

Get one of the small, hand held pinpoint metal detectors. These are used by us treasure hunters to locate small items after the hole is dug to eliminate further digging and probing. Run it over the duck after the feathers are removed.

You can get one at Harbor Freight for like $10.

I have had some experience with metal detectors in my carpenter shop. Although I purchased an American made commercial device early on [a hand wand similar to the devices used in airports years back] Harbor Freight - China makes a knock off. Just bring in a piece of wood with the leg of a staple imbedded into it, then a whole staple else ware.
It should be able to pick up steel parts that small. If it can detect a staple leg, shot will be no problem. Although once a common problem, I have been pleased with the results of having nothing of metal pass through my blades in about twelve or more years.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top