JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I owned one it did not make a huge difference in the accuracy of my ammunition , but I am very much an attention to detail sort of guy. As a result I am very much concerned with uniformity and consistency ... There isn't a lot of speed involved in my reloading and I am certain there are others who probably produce 100 rounds of rifle ammo in the amount of time it takes me to make 50 rounds.

Own a Co-Ax and it is my primary loading press. You can load just as accurate ammo on your Rock Chucker so don't think you have to get a Co-Ax to meet your accuracy needs. Ergonomics and features should be the driver for getting a Co-Ax press to add to your reloading bench.

Elucidate please?
I am NOT answering for the OP but the CoAx is a fantastic SS press and it's two primary features are the quick change die design and the mechanical, universal shell holder.

Those who own and use one regularly will no doubt understand and agree with this.

Those who do NOT reload, or do and have never used a Co Ax will not understand.

A Co Ax is not, and will not approach the capacities of a progressive press but for a discriminating reloader who reloads multiple calibers, maybe shoots less but more for sporting purposes, accuracy, hunting etc. it is probably one of the best presses for these reloading tasks.

For my single stage press I'm a Rock Chucker guy, had a Bonanza B-1~40 years ago, only thing I really liked about it was the primer catcher, when I wasn't smacking it with my knee. If you like to load standing-up they do have advantages over an "O" frame press.

I am NOT answering for the OP but the CoAx is a fantastic SS press and it's two primary features are the quick change die design and the mechanical, universal shell holder.

Those who own and use one regularly will no doubt understand and agree with this.

Those who do NOT reload, or do and have never used a Co Ax will not understand.

A Co Ax is not, and will not approach the capacities of a progressive press but for a discriminating reloader who reloads multiple calibers, maybe shoots less but more for sporting purposes, accuracy, hunting etc. it is probably one of the best presses for these reloading tasks.
Plus 1 to that!
My CoAx has a really smooth throw of the lever
Very consistent and not having to scramble for shell holders is a big plus.
I used mine a lot when working up 6.5CM loads

My CoAx has a really smooth throw of the lever
It also helps to shorten and modify the lever a bit.

Make a shorter lever and add a wood ball for the handle. Makes operation much faster and easier!

IMG_2437[1].JPG

Last Edited:
Way to resurrect a dead thread, guys :D! Anyone notice I posted this more than 3 years ago? Appreciate all the responses anyway, oddly appropriate this should come back up now, as I've been considering a Co-Ax again recently. Decided to spend that money (and more :rolleyes:) on a new Labradar chronograph instead, my Rock Chucker is still producing ammo capable of more accuracy than I am. Later.

Dave

Way to resurrect a dead thread, guys :D! Anyone notice I posted this more than 3 years ago? Appreciate all the responses anyway, oddly appropriate this should come back up now, as I've been considering a Co-Ax again recently. Decided to spend that money (and more :rolleyes:) on a new Labradar chronograph instead, my Rock Chucker is still producing ammo capable of more accuracy than I am. Later.

Dave
The FA coax is 43% off right now, whatever that comes out to be..

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top