JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody have any tips on setting it up? Instructions are hard to follow, had to pull some bullets went back to my Hornady die. Using it on a RcBs single stage with the lock and load setup.

The setup is the same as your Hornaday die. the difference is that you can record the mic setting and return to it without any fuss. tghey are most used on my bench on calibers that I'm testing a lot of different bullets. Again, if you record the settings you can then reset to them. The other thing is you can make tiny changes to seating depth. But they both are setup the same way. DR

How do you tell if the die is 100% compressed to back it off? That could have been part of the issue. i couldn't figure out if it was or if it was over compressed.
Per the instructions screw it down till it bottoms out on the shell holder. Then back it off. You want to compress the spring loaded sleeve, then back it off per the instructions.

Got it figured out thanks for the help. I feel dumb, there was a little piece of metal inside the die that didn't come out during cleaning.

I had one of my Forster seater dies (acquired used) that had some crud in it when it came to me and thus the floating seating chamber didn't cycle smoothly. Once I cleaned it out it has worked fine ever since.

These are my preferred seater dies, and I use them for many of the rifle calibers I load for.

I had one of my Forster seater dies (acquired used) that had some crud in it when it came to me and thus the floating seating chamber didn't cycle smoothly. Once I cleaned it out it has worked fine ever since.

These are my preferred seater dies, and I use them for many of the rifle calibers I load for.
How would they work in a Dillon?

Although I haven't tried them on a Dillon, I would think they should work fine. I load rifle rounds on a single stage press (Forster co-ax mostly) - as I am a lower volume rifle round shooter.

I load handgun rounds on the Dillon presses, with mainly Dillon, and a few RCBS or Lee dies in the for handgun rounds. Pretty sure I've seen Dillon toolheads with a Forster or Redding seater die in it (Redding also uses a similar floating chamber IIRC).

The other thing I noticed after measuring the Sierra bullets they were really inconsistent in length. Varied by as much as .005 in length, that's why I was getting driven crazy adjusting the die.

Last Edited:
The other thing I noticed after measuring the Sierra bullets they were really inconsistent in length. Varied by as much as .005 in length, that's why I was getting driven crazy adjusting the die.
Are you measuring tip to base or ogive to base?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top