JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I cast for .375 Win, .41 Mag, .44 mag, 7mm TCU and .45-70 and use gas checks on all of them and size .001" over bore size except for the .41 mag as I can't find a sizing die any bigger than .410"

Last Edited:
You wouldn't be interested in trading for some of those .266" bullets, would you? I've been thinking about loading for my Carcano, even pickup up a .268" push-through sizer, but can't justify buying another mold at this time. No worries if you can't, just a thought.
I would slug that Carcano before you start looking for bullets. I loaded for 3 Carcanos, war pickups (the previous owners couldn't use them anymore) that needed .271 cast bullets
271-149-RN3NOE

I cast for .375 Win, .41 Mag, .44 mag, 7mm TCU and .45-70 and use gas checks on all of them and size .001" over bore size except for the .41 mag as I can't find a sizing die any bigger than .410"
IF you use push-through sizing dies (Lee, NOE) you can easily sand/polish them .001 - .002. get a dowel, wrap 240 wet/dry sandpaper around it, slide it in the die then roll the die (on your thigh) to sand the inside. check the progress often. when you get clod to the desired diameter switch to 800-1000 sandpaper then finish by polishing

IF you use push-through sizing dies (Lee, NOE) you can easily sand/polish them .001 - .002. get a dowel, wrap 240 wet/dry sandpaper around it, slide it in the die then roll the die (on your thigh) to sand the inside. check the progress often. when you get clod to the desired diameter switch to 800-1000 sandpaper then finish by polishing
That's a good idea. Funny how you get tunnel vision and can't think of a different way to do something then a fellow shooter offers a way forward.
Thank you.

Yea, the NOE sizer is cheap to stock up on sizing dies. I use it in 45-70, and 308 cars if I need to size down after lubing. All else I use an old Lyman 45 or RCBS. I'd love to have a Star-Magma lube sizer.

Yea, the NOE sizer is cheap to stock up on sizing dies. I use it in 45-70, and 308 cars if I need to size down after lubing. All else I use an old Lyman 45 or RCBS. I'd love to have a Star-Magma lube sizer.
I've got one with a bullet feeder but prefer the app with the Noe bushings but I don't use traditional lube.

Last Edited:
I had a win!
S&S Firearms make custom sizing dies that fit RCBS and Lyman Lube sizers and they happened to have a .411 die in stock. All up it cost about $55.00 including tax and shipping. I haven't tried it yet but it looks good.

411 Side view.jpg 411 Top view.jpg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR