JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Our rights don't come from any document. They don't come from any man and certainly not from any government. They are unalienable. Granted to us by our creator. And as such, only he can take them away.

Really think about that.

The most any man could do is to decide to give up his own rights. He...or even 51% of the population...could not vote to take away the RIGHTS that are affirmed in the Bill of Rights. Again, because those rights come from God.

At least this is the vision and premise our founders established our country under. Change one thing in the Bill of Rights and the United States would cease to exist for all intents and purposes.

May God save the Republic

WOLVERINES!

Last Edited:
Our rights don't come from any document. They don't come from any man and certainly not from any government. They are unalienable. Granted to us by our creator. And as such, only he can take them away.

Really think about that.

The most any man could do is to decide give up his own rights. He...or even 51% of the population...could not vote to take away the RIGHTS that are affirmed in the Bill of Rights. Again, because those rights come from God.

At least this is the vision and premise our founders established our country under. Change one thing in the Bill of Rights and the United States would cease to exist for intents and purposes.

May God save the Republic

WOLVERINES!
This is only valid as long as others believe the same.

Hence being part of a group of people that believe the same way.

Call it religion, call it government, it is essentially a group of people large or small that carry similar thoughts.

Imagine being born elsewhere other than the US, or where Christianity has not reached, where these thoughts do not exist and or not taught? Would you still believe you had inalienable rights given to you by god?

Does believing in these things make you part of a group?

Just some thoughts.

This is only valid as long as others believe the same.

Hence being part of a group of people that believe the same way.

Call it religion, call it government, it is essentially a group of people large or small that carry similar thoughts.

Imagine being born elsewhere other than the US, or where Christianity has not reached, where these thoughts do not exist and or not taught? Would you still believe you had inalienable rights given to you by god?

Does believing in these things make you part of a group?

Just some thoughts.

Um...obviously I was speaking in the context of this little experiment known as America.

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness!

This was written specifically in to our Deceleration of Independence , and the BOR specifically covers these things, so much so that the 2nd exists specifically to provide a serious mechanism to ensure those three rights could never be challenged with out Extraordinary risk! Above all else, the 2nd exists to protect those three rights! THIS is how we need to address the 2nd from now on!

In reality, SCOTUS does not have the right or power to change the Constitution. The Constitution only lays out the rights that are self evident. How then do they make these changes that affect us - they call it interpretation of the meaning of the wording. This needs to stop. If you, or they, can't read the Constitution and make a clear interpretation, we are lost. The meaning hasn't changed since it was written and doesn't need to "change with the times."

It is basically a list of rights that we were born with.

In reality, SCOTUS does not have the right or power to change the Constitution. The Constitution only lays out the rights that are self evident. How then do they make these changes that affect us - they call it interpretation of the meaning of the wording. This needs to stop. If you, or they, can't read the Constitution and make a clear interpretation, we are lost. The meaning hasn't changed since it was written and doesn't need to "change with the times."

It is basically a list of rights that we were born with.

Zacklies!
It is for SCOTUS to determine the "Constitutionality" of any law, ordnance, or policy, NOT to make or change it!
They can uphold or strike down any thing they 'Find" but have no power beyond that! NOW, the real trick is to get those who disagree with what SCOTUS "Finds" to follow it regardless of their personal feelings! This is where the DOJ has the power, and at the local level in the states, the County Sheriffs!

Zacklies!
It is for SCOTUS to determine the "Constitutionality" of any law, ordnance, or policy, NOT to make or change it!
They can uphold or strike down any thing they 'Find" but have no power beyond that! NOW, the real trick is to get those who disagree with what SCOTUS "Finds" to follow it regardless of their personal feelings! This is where the DOJ has the power, and at the local level in the states, the County Sheriffs!
I agree, but when they make a ruling on the constitutionality of a law, they are sometimes changing the commonly held meaning of the Constitution and opening doors to additional changes. That is a lot of power. I really hope that the new make-up of SCOTUS will change that.

Agree!

Look at Roe vs Wade, the Constitution says NOTHING about it, and we hold the common belief of life being sacred, but some how SCOTUS had to come up with a ruling which goes against none less then the Church and the Bible! BOLD move, and risky as hell!

The notion of a " Living Document" is also folly! The document clearly spells out exactly how to address any needed changes! The left just wants to side step the process because they know they can never get the change otherwise!

A side note North Korea is a constitutional republic.... Yeah things can get real bad if people let it.

And the sad thing is from reading polls and asking people I have gotten this impression that the issues I care about are not issues people care about in general.

Apathy is strong in the republic. The bad part is most of these laws people don't pay attention to. Or maybe that's the good part?

Is willfully ignoring a law any worse or better then living in ignorance that the law exists?

When laws become so numerous that the masses cannot live without breaking them on a common basis, law has failed.

I'm worried our system of law is breaking down.

No right is guaranteed except for those you Preserve, Protect and Defend. That means, when the rubber hits the road....

While they may not directly alter the 2nd Amendment, there will be consistent attempts to chisel away at the edifice through legislative, state and regulatory acts which can limit or prevent our possession and use of said arms. When that happens, it's up to US to Preserve, Protect and Defend.
If we continue to sleep, our rights can be reduced to rubble.

Making it east to illustrate.......

Aloha, Mark

PS....as I see it. The problem is that many believe that the 2nd A says.....

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, unless I say it's reasonable.

Laws are like money it is only worth something if we all believe its worth something. If we look at the dollar and say it is no different than toilet paper and we all feel the same way, then it is worth nothing as it is not backed up by anything more than a promise from a government and its people that it has value.

I have been playing with firearms and have worked in the firearms field for 40 plus years and have tried to follow the law to the best of my ability and understanding of the law. Not that I agreed with many of them but because I felt it was the right thing to do.

But now we have many states that feel federal laws do not apply to them on Marijuana, Immigration and that the Constitution both state and federal are old and worthless documents.

Our law makers say you should not have AR15s or large magazines to protect yourself yet put provisions into the law that excludes them, police and their guards like they are special and would never commit a crime.

I support our troops and law enforcement but they are just people and they commit crimes like domestic violence, DUI, rape, murder, murder for hire, drug trafficking and many do it while on duty and I can post the articles if needed to prove it and some are already posted on this forum.

Yet all we hear is they are sworn officers of the court, the same court that just taken away your rights that they get to keep.

We are also told that they get training and have background checks and this just proves once more that none of that works.

Is this not a tyrannical government?

"A tyrannical ruler wields absolute power and authority, and often wields that power unjustly, cruelly, or oppressively."

Are these not unjust laws by taking away your right to protect your family with equal protection/rights that they allow themselves? Or are they Special? They are just people not gods that where voted into office or hired to do a job nothing more nothing less just like you and I!

What happen to equal protection/rights under the law? So you want to ban guns/gun types ok great, but ban them from everyone including the law makers, police and military not just us that is equal protection.

I have sworn an oath to defend the Constitution from enemies both foreign and domestic on several occasions and I take this serious and because of this I have tried to study the words as they were written and any documents surrounding them including case law past and present. It is not perfect as we as a people are not perfect but it is really not that hard to understand.

Our leaders also swore an oath to the same Constitution but many of them choose to ignore it.

trea·son

"The crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government."

Treason as stated in the above definition as "betraying one's country" and "by attempting to over throw the government" everyone thinks of a military coup but nobody looks at the fact that ignoring federal laws and side stepping the constitution of both state and federal also meets this definition, it's just a little less of an in your face process but the end is the same.

If we are a country of laws then by States ignoring them is that not "betraying ones country" when there has always been a process to get them changed but does require work on their part.

We that believe the second amendment is the last line of defense to protect the Constitution and this country are the frogs in the pot of hot water and those law makers on a state level just turned up the heat and we are about to get boiled unless we resist by every legal means possible then if that fails then we do what they do and just ignore the law as a law is like money only worth what we say its worth.

For those anti gun folks who always say that the Second Amendment was only for the Militia and a citizen soldier is no longer needed because we have the National Guard should read Federalist 46 because part of the reason for the state militia was to help keep a Federal Army in check and what the anti gun folks fail to realize is the National Guard is under primary Federal and secondary state control.

So if one of the reasons to have a state Militia (citizen soldier) was to keep the Federal Army in check and the National Guard is primarily under Federal control and can be pulled away from state control at any time then the Militia (citizen soldier) and the citizens right to own weapons under the Second Amendment is valid even by their own admission.

Just look to Washington state, kommiefornia, seems we are no longer a Constitutional Republic. The individual is no longer protected from mob rule. Politicians from a certain party have increasingly become unhinged in their gun control push. The mob can easily be suckered into voting our rights away,,,,

And here we are, at the apex. We the People have come to a place where we no longer believe in unjust laws. We no longer believe in following unjust laws.
That's all fine and good except that the other side that gets to make these unjust laws and stands behind them also gets to enforce them! Are you ready to stand in opposition to this?
We are well and truly past the point of simply voting, we have a dominant population that continues to vote against us in ignorant bliss, willfully handing over our rights in the falsehood of a promise of safety and security that cannot be kept!
We all know the truth, and we all know where we stand, the biggest question we have to ask ourselves is when do we finally come together and stand up and say enough, no more, return what was taken or else!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top