JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is the 2nd Amendment a Guaranteed Constitutional Right?

Actually, depends on what we consider a guaranteed right. Important that we realize the Constitution has been ratified 27 times in approximately 230 years. Of those 27, ten were the Bill of Rights. If you're still reading this, it's important to understand that a guaranteed right, is only possible as long as a future ratification does not change the current status of those rights.

The good news is, there have been over 11,000 attempts to ratify the current Constitution. With only 27 successful attempts, of which 10 were the original Bill of Rights. That means just 17 changes since 1791, and over 11,000 attempts.
Amendments, can be proposed in two different ways, by Congress or by national convention. You and I, fear the ability of highly overpopulated cities, having the ability to use the national convention to change the Second Amendment. However, the national convention has only been tried twice and failed each time. Meaning outside of the Bill of Rights the last 17 changes, were done by Congress.
If you are still reading this, it is important to realize that since 1989 flagburning has been allowed according to the Supreme Court it was a constitutional right to do so, as being under protected speech. Since 1989 almost immediately there been several attempts to ratify the Constitution to add an amendment making flagburning illegal. Yet with all the abilities to change something so small such as the flag, which why to many of us may have great meaning. It is still a single object we are trying to change and cannot do so.
Why did I type this out today? It's important everyone of you that is a firearm owner understands, yes there is a real threat to change the Second Amendment, however it would take a vast amount of ability to change it. And is noticed by most scholars, as time goes on in our country is becoming more divided on the subject of the Second Amendment. The ability to six-year a change to that amendment becomes more difficult. That does not mean, that states, or the federal government will not bypass, the structure and add limitations. It means that our forefathers did do their job, by making it very difficult to change the structure of our Constitution and our Bill of Rights. according to recent releases by DHS, the United States is nearing half 1 billion firearms being held, by American citizens. Isn't unfathomable task to remove these devices from the American people.

So to answer the original question, is the Second Amendment, a guaranteed constitutional right. The answer is a clear yes, for so long until it's changed. Then if that were do occur, no personal understanding, to challenge that will be protected under constitutional law. Like it is now! It is said by many that it be pried from their cold dead hands, if the Constitution were to ever change, your rights will be removed just like mine to have that ability. But rest assured it is not something simply done. Even if the anti: community had a majority in Congress, it's still most likely would not pass based on the fact of how many problems it creates. Amending a constitution is very difficult to do. It is also why voting and working to change how people think about guns is so important, as the public has the ability to keep or remove a Right!

This also clearly demonstrates that, even though it is difficult and there are long odds against it, Congress can implement changes that limit our rights under the Constitution.

We must be ever vigilant in doing what we can do, and should do, to keep the anti-2A candidates from gaining elected office. Those that represent larger population areas are prone to adopt the outlooks, beliefs and practices of the majority to preserve their position in government. We must not discount the impact of such pandering on the laws of our nation.

Politicians have realized that they don't need to repeal the 2A. They just ignore it and do what they want. As long as they have the support of the courts, the Constitution''s actual wording and intention is irrelevant.

Politicians have realized that they don't need to repeal the 2A. They just ignore it and do what they want. As long as they have the support of the courts, the Constitution''s actual wording and intention is irrelevant.
This along with failing to enforce existing laws, spotlighting all gun crimes and the constant demonization of guns seems a recipe of success for them.

SO, here's the Deal, We need to take up a case against the anti gunners and force a full and complete accounting of the 2nd by SCOTUS!
Second, we need a strong DOJ to enforce and uphold the ruling of SCOTUS by defunding and punishing the States who ignore or attempt to side step the Constitution!
We need to force the States to comply with their own Constitution or have the statehood revoked!
We need to take our elected politicians to task and start removing the bad ones who would attempt to remove a God Given Right Enumerated in that sacred document! Just as there are mechanisms in place to make changes to the constitution, so are there mechanisms to protect and defend those rights!
We vote and nothing really changes, we compromised, and nothing is gained, and the politicians who pull the strings continue to erode rights with out a full constitutional ruling by SCOTUS and have it enforced! Heller vs D.C. was one such ruling, and the States ignore it
there are many examples of this outside the 2nd where a ruling is made and the Several States simply side step or ignore it and nothing happens! THIS IS WHAT NEEDS TO CHANGE! Our current POTUS is attempting to do just that, he has threatened the largest and most powerful State with sanctions and defunding, and if that state can be stopped cold, that sets president against the others!

1543209862621.gif

We are the government.

As much as everyone wearing tinfoil hats doesn't want to think we are.

Get enough of us to think a certain way, we can change anything.

Be it by true public change or political agendas.

Things can change.

We are the government.

Things can change.

And most if the time for the worst it seems. :mad:

We are the government.

Things can change.

OF THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE, FOR THE PEOPLE!

There is also a marvelous little detail contained in the BOR that most scholars ignore or keep quiet about, that's the preamble to the BOR which spells out exaclty the terms governing, and how it applies and to whom!

If you take away my inalienable right to defend myself, my country and my loved ones (why we have a second amendment) you have taken away all my rights. If the happens then there is no freedom and no Republic.

As a younger conservative I've noticed a few things about the older generations.

They don't government.

They don't like change, as well as do nothing to ensure no change occurs.

If you don't want change, you need to be part of government and work towards keeping things the way they are.

Do nothing and those that are for change and understand they are part of government, adapt change.

Change happens.

We are the government

Using this logic the Jews must have committed suicide as they were part of the German government during ww2. I will gladly put on my tinfoil hat and say I am not part of that we that you speak of.

I was born free into this world with all the god given liberty bestowed upon me by my creator. The collective will in the form of government placed restrictions on my liberty that I choose to heed.

The Constitution and bill of rights was put in place to restrain the government from taking certain liberties from us among them was our right to keep and bear arms. Just because the government doesn't feel they want to be restrained anymore doesn't mean we have to accept that.

Only if we choose to.

Using this logic the Jews must have committed suicide as they were part of the German government during ww2. I will gladly put on my tinfoil hat and say I am not part of that we that you speak of.

I was born free into this world with all the god given liberty bestowed upon me by my creator. The collective will in the form of government placed restrictions on my liberty that I choose to heed.

The Constitution and bill of rights was put in place to restrain the government from taking certain liberties from us among them was our right to keep and bear arms. Just because the government doesn't feel they want to be restrained anymore doesn't mean we have to accept that.

Only if we choose to.
My point exactly.

Sadly laws and even the constitution are as worthless as the paper they are written on. The only thing that is "real" is what some judge claims. Some judge can say anything. Until and unless another higher judge overturns that one that is the law. Liberals have slowly put judges in place to make law they could not get passed and change laws they did not like. As long as gun owners keep electing liberals, who get to appoint judges, people can scream constitution until cows come. Elections do have consequences. Only way it will ever change is if enough people get tired of how it's going and vote to change it. So far that is not showing any sign of happening.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Thomas Jefferson
The Declaration of Independence
Second Continental Congress
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Thomas Jefferson
The Declaration of Independence
Second Continental Congress
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

I think we know why all they teach about Jefferson anymore was that he owned slaves and had one as his mistress. You can't destroy the words of the man until you destroy how he is seen.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top