JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep, my first wife!:s0140:
You and me both, Brother!
But at least I was smart enough to stop after the first one... :D
Dating after my 1st marriage, GF du jour was asking about my ex.
She comments, "you have a bad picker."
I acknowledge that truth, and added, "that doesn't bode well for you."
She didn't understand.
We didn't last long. :s0090:

Barrel in the freezer and the receiver in an oven might have been a better way then pounding on it.

He did. At first...
...I heated the upper and put the barrell in the freezer and then aeroshelled the bubblegum out of it, and when that didn't work, I got frustrated and tried using a large diameter punch, which in hindsight, was asinine. On the upside, I got the barrel all the way in finally! Lol

Didn't realize it was autocensoring my swears
That happens here... It keeps the site clean enough for the li'l shooters to join in on the fun, too... :D

A lot of words we use in everyday parlance get turned to bubblegum here. Words like:
bubblegum
bubblegum
bubblegum
bubblegum
bubblegum
bubblegum
and a host of others...

Last Edited:
I just heard back, I'm taking it in tomorrow. Mostly I just feel like a dumbass

image.png

Good luck with the repair OP ;)

I just heard back, I'm taking it in tomorrow. Mostly I just feel like a dumbass
No shame from me. I've ruined a gun before inadvertently and it cost me. A barrel is nothing and is fixable. Glad you are getting it fixed.

No shame from me. I've ruined a gun before inadvertently and it cost me. A barrel is nothing and is fixable. Glad you are getting it fixed.
This is my weapon & this is my gun. This one's for shooting & this one's for fun. (US Army/`71) Fort Lost in the woods...
I can't imagine what you did to ruin your gun...and I don't EVEN want to know. o_O :rolleyes: :)

Dan

I'm still kinda stumped....been playing with ARs for almost 30 years, built 30+ as well as swapped barrels more times than I can count....I have never had to force a barrel into a receiver. That would have screamed "STOP"!!!, something is wrong.

I'm still kinda stumped....been playing with ARs for almost 30 years, built 30+ as well as swapped barrels more times than I can count....I have never had to force a barrel into a receiver. That would have screamed "STOP"!!!, something is wrong.
Bravo Company uppers come with a disclaimer that says you have to heat and lube the barrel prior to insertion. I didnt get it hot enough because I didn't have the proper equipment. Heat gun did the trick

Pretty much finished it up today. Aero lower, BCM upper,BCG, brake and trigger. YHM rail, radian charging handle, BA Hansen barrel. Haven't made a decision on the optics, but i have Daniel Defense irons on the way. Cheap foregrip is a placeholder, not sure what i wanna put on it yet.

Still have to time the brake, but I've been drinking and I learned my lesson about working on my gun when I'm drinking.
Ps. Now that I have it put together, I'm not a fan of the two tone. Kinda wanna swap the barrel.... lol

159451487937677877785128960042.jpg

Still have to time the brake, but I've been drinking and I learned my lesson about working on my gun when I'm drinking.
:s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140:
We've all... well, a lot of us anyway... have been there and passed that class!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top