JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
PSA upper with .223 Wylde chamber virtually new maybe 200rds thru it. The other week I picked up one of those cheap Teslong borescopes off Amazon and got around to looking inside the bore tonight.
Is it just me or is one of the lands different than the rest? It looks to me like there is one land that starts in the throat right at the neck.

2022-02-10  20h 32m 48s___1_s.jpg

Heres another pic that might be cleaner. Theres an omnious scar to the left of the land that seems to start right at the beginning of the throat edge with the neck.

2022-02-10  20h 40m 14s___1_s.jpg

Silly question time, how does it shoot? If it shoots acceptably, I wouldn't worry about it. I've got one of those bore scopes as well, I like having it, and it's a good tool, but I think they can raise more questions than they answer sometimes. I've owned a couple of different PSA uppers, didn't have a bore scope them, but both shot just fine. Not generally a great tool for diagnosing a problem IMO, but they can confirm an issue. I had a Savage 6.5 CM barrel that shot fine, but was an absolute copper mine, took forever to clean the copper fouling even after just a 100 rounds or so. In the borescope, that barrel looked like it had been rifled with a wood rasp, roughest bore I've ever seen. Later.

Dave

Silly question time, how does it shoot? If it shoots acceptably, I wouldn't worry about it.
It seems to shoot fine but its nearly brand new. Ive only zeroed it at 50yds and need to see how it shoots at distance but with better ammo.
Agree if it shoots fine I will ignore it, but its just odd in that it could even happen I thought rifling was cut evenly, plus it seems it would negate the idea of the Wylde chamber. And I question how well it will shoot quality ammo engaging 1 land differently from the rest.

I feel like your looking for something here?

If it shoots fine, shoot it.

Heres another pic that might be cleaner. Theres an omnious scar to the left of the land that seems to start right at the beginning of the throat edge with the neck.

View attachment 1128992
It just wasn't indicated in to the bore to a high level of precision, in reality it's pretty good for a cheap barrel.

You'd be surprised the accuracy you can get with twice that amount of of runout and even more.

Dialing in a bore to a thousandth or getting each end centered up is quite fast, taking the extra step to indicate the specific bore area being worked on to 1-2 ten thousands really adds to the set up time.

It just wasn't indicated in to the bore to a high level of precision, in reality it's pretty good for a cheap barrel.
whew, thats all i really wanted to know. As long as it doesnt adverly affect accuracy.... for what I paid for it anyways. its nearly brand new I havent shot it much only with surplus ammo so I dont have a good metric of its precision yet but it works.
i just thought that one land was so odd.

whew, thats all i really wanted to know. As long as it doesnt adverly affect accuracy.... for what I paid for it anyways. its nearly brand new I havent shot it much only with surplus ammo so I dont have a good metric of its precision yet but it works.
i just thought that one land was so odd.
You'll see a lot of factory barrels considerably worse than that that still often shoot quite well regardless.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top