JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm a colossal idiot, and instead of waiting for my heat gun to come from Amazon, I used a steel punch with a mallet to try to get a ba barrel into a hansen receiver. I'm sure it's unsafe to shoot in this condition, my question is what can I do to fix it? Any guess on what it would cost?
Thanks in advance

15942607554512704586299308283120.jpg 159426077847533036418889139209.jpg

Last Edited:
Looks like you hammered on the crown?
Sure, it's salvageable. You might not like the price, especially if it was nitrided.
Unsafe? Prolly can shoot out of it, but who knows where POI will be. Wowie some schnitt like that, and, well, schnitzel happens.

Why would youhave to hammer in a barrel to begin with?
BCM uppers have tight tolerances, I heated the upper and put the barrell in the freezer and then aeroshelled the bubblegum out of it, and when that didn't work, I got frustrated and tried using a large diameter punch, which in hindsight, was asinine. On the upside, I got the barrel all the way in finally! Lol

And any good gunsmith recommendations for the Everett area? I've put out feelers to a couple but no one has responded yet..

I just heard back, I'm taking it in tomorrow. Mostly I just feel like a dumbass
This is what a dead blow hammer (plastic) or a scrap of wood between barrel and hitting stick would be a great idea, dumbass.......you said it first.:s0121:

Well at least you know you wont do that again.......lesson learned.

This is what a dead blow hammer (plastic) or a scrap of wood between barrel and hitting stick would be a great idea, dumbass.......you said it first.:s0121:

Well at least you know you wont do that again.......lesson learned.
Depends how many beers I've had....

Just kidding. Deadblow is on its way from Amazon.

I just heard back, I'm taking it in tomorrow. Mostly I just feel like a dumbass
While what you did was not the smartest thing in the world, it's certainly not the end! I'll bet every single one on this forum, has done a stupid dumb@%$ thing at one time or other in their life!:s0060:

Let us know how it comes out!:s0155:

While what you did was not the smartest thing in the world, it's certainly not the end! I'll bet every single one on this forum, has done a stupid dumb@%$ thing at one time or other in their life!:s0060:

Let us know how it comes out!:s0155:

A $50 oops is pretty cheap tuition. I'll bet most of us here have had a dumb@$$ oops moment at one time or another that cost a lot more than that! :)

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews