JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been thinking about jumping into the suppressor world for the first time. My only real need is for use in a SHTF environment and then fun in the meantime. Looking for opinions from those who have done it. Is it worth it? Would you do it again? Also looking for any tips on best way to do it re: trusts and how hard are those to set up etc? Thanks! (Note: I live in Colorado for the time being, so not looking for recommendations on local shops etc.)

I used to be on the "never would I ever own one" bus.

If your only looking to get one for SHTF, do some research. They are not Hollywood quite! Anything where the ammo is supersonic will still be quite loud. 22, 9mm, 45acp, and some rifle calibers suppress really well and can be very very quiet.

What gun do you shoot the most?

Yes its worth it. The Stamp tax has been $200 since 1934. Adjusted for inflation Its costing you like $6 in 1934 USD terms;)

IMO thats a DEAL![adjusted for inflation]:D

Thats_your_opinion_man_2.jpg
LOL.

Aloha, Mark

Yes, was thinking of it for 9mm: Beretta 92 and a CX4 PCC that is compatible with it and also subsonic .300 blackout.

Simple answer YES. Way worth it.

As for a can, look at the .45 size cans for it to be the most universal for you. I made this mistake with my first ones, I could not put it on 10mm, .40 or .45. Most of the .45 commercial cans are all rated for 300blk too.

I did trust. This way all my tax stamps can transfer intact to those on my trust. (i.e. my boys when they are old enough) Trust was supper easy, buy, print get notarized for each person on the trust = Done. Nothing further. I bought my trust online from Silencershop.com

Also, you can shop on their website and look for dealers in your area to process/buy the cans from. If CO allows them, then they will have dealers for you.

Yes, was thinking of it for 9mm: Beretta 92 and a CX4 PCC that is compatible with it and also subsonic .300 blackout.
For those, I'd say do it. A user serviceable 9mm or even 45acp can can be used on all of those and even smaller stuff like 22lr.

The CX4 has a bit of port pop. Delayed actions in semi autos sound a bit better.

Im not a fan of suppressing center fire pistols. Most get very front heavy.

As for your original question. Yes. I think it is worth it. Yes, I'd do it again.

8FCD8827-F81C-4E8E-ACF2-221DEEE0137C.jpeg

I will give you one piece of advice talk to somebody who owns multiple suppressors don't just buy one because of the cost make sure that you're purchasing a suppressor that works best for which ever platform you wish to suppress. A lot of people use the same suppressor on a lot of different calibers which is fine if you're not going to overrun them. Look at it like an optic dedicate a suppressor to a weapon Make sure you buy a quality item it makes a big difference if you are running a piston or DI as to what you can get away with. In the suppressor market you get what you pay for. And if you're going to do a trust make sure do you have more than just yourself on it otherwise it's an absolute waste and all you're going to do is delay your tax stamp from seven months to 14 months but the trust is absolutely the way to go for anything NFA

I will give you one piece of advice talk to somebody who owns multiple suppressors don't just buy one because of the cost make sure that you're purchasing a suppressor that works best for which ever platform you wish to suppress. A lot of people use the same suppressor on a lot of different calibers which is fine if you're not going to overrun them. Look at it like an optic dedicate a suppressor to a weapon Make sure you buy a quality item it makes a big difference if you are running a piston or DI as to what you can get away with. In the suppressor market you get what you pay for. And if you're going to do a trust make sure do you have more than just yourself on it otherwise it's an absolute waste and all you're going to do is delay your tax stamp from seven months to 14 months but the trust is absolutely the way to go for anything NFA
But I only trust myself.

We have and run several. Generally speaking, yes, they are worth it in my opinion. The application I like to run them on the most is pistol/revolver-caliber carbines; doing so makes them very quiet indeed.

I took my.223 can off the AR and put it on the bolt gun some time ago. Went to shoot the AR and forgot I had adjusted the gasblock to cycle in the sweet spot with the suppressor. Needless to say it wouldn't cycle properly w/o the suppressor. So there is that...derp...

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top