JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The only IRS employees who are authorized to carry firearms are "special agents," who are sworn law enforcement officers who work on criminal cases. As of last year there were only 2,725.

The only IRS employees who are authorized to carry firearms are "special agents," who are sworn law enforcement officers who work on criminal cases. As of last year there were only 2,725.

"only" 2275? All it takes is 3-4 with a no-knock warrant in the middle of the night to ruin your life.

I know there will be some here who think they might be able to pull a Rambo, but could you stay out of jail afterward? What about your family? You might have knowledge, training and fire discipline, but I think recent news shows the state of our law enforcement marksmanship. 55 grains at ~2000fps don't know friend from foe.

haven't read the article but know of a old classmate that is IRS officer and friends have said he deals with some pretty bad people

They frequently go after criminals who aren't paying taxes on their criminal gains... drug dealers, pimps, racketeers, etc., who don't know or don't care that they're required to pay taxes on illegally obtained gains, just like anyone is. They don't call it "legal income tax," they call it "income tax." So some of the biggest perpetrators of tax evasion are some of the biggest criminals.

I'm not saying it's all good. The fact that the government has to make provisions for not prosecuting on basically confessed crimes (even though I think we all know how likely that actually is in practice) in exchange for income taxes paid is pretty hard evidence that our system was never set up to accommodate income tax.

That's all the citizens need is another big brother policing agency. I guess they figure that the public spent billions arming themselves after the big gun control failure that BB needs to pony up too...

So, it's perfectly OK with the neo-pacifist left that government own AR-15s, but GOD FORBID that you and I should own one.

Yes, because police are ALWAYS to be trusted. because they NEVER do wrong.

And hey, let's not forget the real deal, which is that it's fine and dandy for our uniformed thugs to do our violence for us, but when a citizen does the EXACT same thing, they should be brought before a court and jury,

Because they don't TRUST their fellow citizens with arms of any kind. It's not about AR-15s or AKs, it's about ANY civilian ownership of arms.

They CLEARLY don't care about murder rates, or they'd be going hog-wild about the murder rates among african Americans, which is 10 TIMES the rate among all other races. Nor do they care about "gun crimes," or they'd be going after handguns.

They are interested in the total disarmament of the American people. It's the only agenda which even remotely fits their actions and words.

I completely agree. Exactly why I would not want that job.

They frequently go after criminals who aren't paying taxes on their criminal gains... drug dealers, pimps, racketeers, etc., who don't know or don't care that they're required to pay taxes on illegally obtained gains, just like anyone is. They don't call it "legal income tax," they call it "income tax." So some of the biggest perpetrators of tax evasion are some of the biggest criminals.

I am not trying to support the IRS, but I don't see what the problem is. If they are using AR-15's, not M-16's, they are using the same type of gun that anyone who is legal to own a gun can. The gun ban that was going to make AR 15's illegal and along with them, numerous other ones, did not pass nor was it going to. Hype, fear, hell, could have been a conspiracy that some politicians who are in the pocket of Gun Manufactures had going on. I mean nobody can argue that a lot of companies and single individuals made a lot, a lot, and lots of money. The stock market/housing scam ran out of easy pickings and the war over seas is dwindling down, this could have been the easiest way to make warehouses full of money with no one ever to suspect it was the real reason for such a proposed ban. I understand this is going out on a limb but, has it not crossed anyone else's mind? I am glad the ban did not happen and do agree we need to be proactive for the next such attempt, but I can't help thinking about how many people are swimming throughout their new homes that are gorged with their new loads of cash. If the IRS is buying AR 15's, good, just more popularity for that rifle.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top