JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I didn't read the whole post but .
I kinda read almost everything.
My dad was at the WATTS RIOTS .
actually was standing next to his friend that shot the lady driving the car that really set it off . Back then the National guard would have live rounds and loaded for war.
When they where deployed to these things.
But fast forward to Rodney King.
Well different story .
Most of the guys where there for SHOW .
DIDN'T HAVE AMMO .
Only a few had live ammo and where there to use it under direct order only.
so .
What's going to happen the next time the National guard is deployed on civilians.
Of the U.S.
Mmmmmmm.
Depends on what there orders are .
I guess.

Before, during and for a time after my National Guard service, there were 3 MP Battalions, 2 companies each. Those companies were 19-77 TOE. Officially called MP Company, Combat. Set up to deploy independent of supporting units. We had our own mess, communications sections and motor pool. All of the battalions and their companies were located in Sacramento, Contra Costa, Alameda, San Mateo and Santa Clara counties.The peace officer designation only applies when called to state active duty, while within the specified area in the declaration of emergency. The 40th Mech Infantry had their own organic MP company. You are right about the number of LAPD, LASO, Long Beach etc officers i the unit. That's why I ended up in Riverside County. It was a extreme rain season with floods almost everywhere in Riverside, Los Angeles, San Bernadino counties. The 40th MP got sent to the Indio, Palm Springs area, in a law enforcement capacity. But the Sheriffs and Chiefs of Police requested their personnel in the company be release back to the various depts. So myself and about 20 others from my company ended up in a C-130 from NAS Alameda to Palm Springs to replace the 40th. The net day another 20 from our sister company arrived. We used the 40th 's vehicles, comm gear, etc.

I didn't read the whole post but .
I kinda read almost everything.
My dad was at the WATTS RIOTS .
actually was standing next to his friend that shot the lady driving the car that really set it off . Back then the National guard would have live rounds and loaded for war.
When they where deployed to these things.
But fast forward to Rodney King.
Well different story .
Most of the guys where there for SHOW .
DIDN'T HAVE AMMO .
Only a few had live ammo and where there to use it under direct order only.
so .
What's going to happen the next time the National guard is deployed on civilians.
Of the U.S.
Mmmmmmm.
Depends on what there orders are .
I guess.

Actually the problem was where the ammo was. I was in the Guard 1975-83, a MP Company. We had what was called California Emergency Plan/Cal EP. Big thick blue binder that told all state agencies what their basic missions and response would be to various disasters, riots, etc. Army National Guard Combat arms and certain other units, MPs, CID, keep a limited amount of ammo at each armory, Generally the basic load and one day re-supply for each firearm. We called this Cal EP ammo. During this time there were numerous armory break in with the target being weapons and ammo. Governor Jerry Brown the First was in office. After "study" the decision was made. They re-modeled some buildings at Camp Roberts into ammo storage facilities. Each unit has its own "vault" for its Cal EP ammo and the keys for their area, but not the actual facility. Local personnel handled that. Now you cold get your Cal EP ammo, but you had to send a detail from your Armory to Camp Robert to pick it up and then return. I was told by a couple of people I served with and trusted that there was a breakdown in communications. Who was on call, where they where, where were the facility keys, etc., Southern Cal units concentrating on the process of getting suited up and on-scene and confusing direction of higher headquarters.

About 20%-30% of my MP unit was prior military service, decent number of Vietnam vets and civilian law enforcement officers. Some more that one and some all three. We had a lot of discussion on how to get our ammo from Roberts. Especially if the disaster was the "big one" - earthquake. we were in the bay area.
During "brain storming" sessions I believe that my unit would have been able to come up with at least one magazine for each 45 and M16.

Things are getting a bit more interesting:
Virginia county to fund militia, per US Constitution, in wake of Democrats' gun-control agenda

"Amid dozens of Virginia counties declaring themselves Second Amendment sanctuaries in case the state enacts strict gun-control measures next year, Tazewell County joined in — and took a big extra step.

In addition to passing a resolution declaring the county a Second Amendment sanctuary, the Tazewell County Board of Supervisors on Dec. 3 also passed a resolution underscoring the right to a well-funded and regulated militia as described in the U.S. Constitution and the commonwealth's constitution, WJHL-TV reported.

And even though Democrats outnumber Republicans 3-2 on the board, both resolutions passed unanimously, the station said. ..." More at link above
So "dozens" equal about 85 counties out of 93.... when they refuse to say "the majority" which is a fact. :rolleyes: I sure would like to see a similar majority in Oregon, but with 14 currently having 2A sanctuary status out of 36... somehow I doubt the same level of liberty minded populace would rise up in Oregon... due to voter apathy. Timber Unity was a sign, with it attracting so much attention from rural Oregonians and making a significant show of "resistance" against Salem; it paints a poor picture when compared to 2A rallies, which consistently stay small and fractured.

Actually the problem was where the ammo was. I was in the Guard 1975-83, a MP Company. We had what was called California Emergency Plan/Cal EP. Big thick blue binder that told all state agencies what their basic missions and response would be to various disasters, riots, etc. Army National Guard Combat arms and certain other units, MPs, CID, keep a limited amount of ammo at each armory, Generally the basic load and one day re-supply for each firearm. We called this Cal EP ammo. During this time there were numerous armory break in with the target being weapons and ammo. Governor Jerry Brown the First was in office. After "study" the decision was made. They re-modeled some buildings at Camp Roberts into ammo storage facilities. Each unit has its own "vault" for its Cal EP ammo and the keys for their area, but not the actual facility. Local personnel handled that. Now you cold get your Cal EP ammo, but you had to send a detail from your Armory to Camp Robert to pick it up and then return. I was told by a couple of people I served with and trusted that there was a breakdown in communications. Who was on call, where they where, where were the facility keys, etc., Southern Cal units concentrating on the process of getting suited up and on-scene and confusing direction of higher headquarters.

About 20%-30% of my MP unit was prior military service, decent number of Vietnam vets and civilian law enforcement officers. Some more that one and some all three. We had a lot of discussion on how to get our ammo from Roberts. Especially if the disaster was the "big one" - earthquake. we were in the bay area.
During "brain storming" sessions I believe that my unit would have been able to come up with at least one magazine for each 45 and M16.
Reminds me of one ship at Pearl Harbor... All the weapons and ammo were locked up, a senior chief asked the captain for the armory keys and the captain's reply was "Damn the keys, cut the locks, we're at war now!"

I am thinking that if the Va governor and legislator acts aggressively and attempts to act out the actions of the legislative mandate, that would hot wire nation wide, but give the White House the next term and plenty of fodder to step in to Virginia and protect the rights of the law abiding gun owners. Great opportunity for the WH to enhance the prez's reelection if the VA governor acts up. I am guessing the VA governor and their AG will back down and find a political solution--however their talking tough now may make them look like fools down the road.

I am thinking that if the Va governor and legislator acts aggressively and attempts to act out the actions of the legislative mandate, that would hot wire nation wide, but give the White House the next term and plenty of fodder to step in to Virginia and protect the rights of the law abiding gun owners. Great opportunity for the WH to enhance the prez's reelection if the VA governor acts up. I am guessing the VA governor and their AG will back down and find a political solution--however their talking tough now may make them look like fools down the road.

I could also see SCOTUS stepping in and issuing some kind of decision reigning in the worst states because if anything, the Supreme Court is about stability and having states and counties getting into a shooting war over state legislation impacting the Bill of Rights is something -- at least I'd like to think it is something -- the SCOTUS would prefer not happen.

EDIT: for example, a decision saying that states cannot ban rifles or mags in common use nationwide, would just about short circuit the whole conflict in VA.

Wow -- this part from the conclusion ROCKS:

Resistance to illegal and unauthorized government acts is not new — it is an ancient
doctrine, historically known as "The Doctrine of the Lesser Magistrate." 7 Under this doctrine,
when a superior or higher civil authority makes an unjust, immoral, or unconstitutional law or
decree, the lesser or lower ranking civil authority has both the right and the duty to refuse
obedience to that superior authority. The act of the lesser or lower authority is deemed an act of
"interposition" — using the term chosen by Madison — choosing to stand between the higher
authority and the People, thereby protecting the People under its charge. If necessary, the lower
authority may even actively resist the superior authority, since the higher authority is acting
illegitimately and unconstitutionally, and without legal authority.

This doctrine is, in fact, foundational to our form of government. Indeed, the Declaration
of Independence is a document of interposition, between the American colonists and a tyrannical
King George III. Its signatories — the People's representatives — pledged to one another "our
Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor," believing that they most likely would be tried and
executed for treason against the crown.

This ancient doctrine is reflected in the words of Roman Emperor Trajan to a subordinate:
"Use this sword against my enemies, if I give righteous commands; but if I give unrighteous
commands, use it against me." This doctrine equips the American People with a way to address
the abuse of power by higher civil authorities (here, potentially, the Commonwealth of Virginia)
— in a measured and peaceful manner — by making an appeal to and through lower civil
authorities (here, the governing bodies and sheriffs of the localities of Virginia).

Wow -- this part from the conclusion ROCKS:
Doctrine of the Lesser Magistrate." 7 Under this doctrine,
when a superior or higher civil authority makes an unjust, immoral, or unconstitutional law or
decree, the lesser or lower ranking civil authority has both the right and the duty to refuse
obedience to that superior authority. The act of the lesser or lower authority is deemed an act of
"interposition" — using the term chosen by Madison — choosing to stand between the higher
authority and the People, thereby protecting the People under its charge. If necessary, the lower
authority may even actively resist the superior authority, since the higher authority is acting
illegitimately and unconstitutionally, and without legal authority.

This doctrine is, in fact, foundational to our form of government. Indeed, the Declaration
of Independence is a document of interposition, between the American colonists and a tyrannical
King George III. Its signatories — the People's representatives — pledged to one another "our
Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor," believing that they most likely would be tried and
executed for treason against the crown.

Ol' Abe's Federal Supremacy Clause would like to have a word on that :rolleyes:

On the other hand, isn't that the very same power used by States and Cities to subvert Federal laws on drugs and illegal immigrants?

Ol' Abe's Federal Supremacy Clause would like to have a word on that :rolleyes:

On the other hand, isn't that the very same power used by States and Cities to subvert Federal laws on drugs and illegal immigrants?

Yes -- see the middle of the response for that argument made in detail with specific examples of how the governor and AG used the same principle.

Hoo boy, controversial topic. I'm an evictionist, which is a concept a pro life economist came up with because he realized his side was losing and wanted a compromise to save more babies lives.

Not topic at hand, and I had to look that term up. Still seems like a BS cop out baby killing theory to me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top