JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't know why everybody is so bent out of shape over this. We all know the IRS would never be used as a tool to intimidate or harass a specific group of people due to their political beliefs.

Uh.... Wait a minute... :winkkiss:

Pretty strange really. I thought they were a bunch of bureaucrat accountants. I guess if they have a armed law enforcement unit, the AR15s make sense due to the fact that this is the direction all law enforcement agencies have went post LA Hollywood Shootout. I guess....

Never knew they had a armed body of men though. They are scary enough, without the guns.

I always thought irs went after people with paper and pen and dea and fbi etc. were for doing the leg work

DEA and FBI and ATF and NSA will go after drug users, human traffickers, gun runners, and terrorists.... for the crimes they commit.

IRS will go after the same guys - for the unpaid taxes on the incomes gained FROM those crimes.

I don't have a problem with the IRS having guns (yet).
I have a problem with the IRS refusing to answer Congress when they are asked why they have them.

I'm not going to be mad at them for chasing racketeers and drug dealers with the same kinds of weapons we can buy.

So, chasing people for an illegal tax that expired 98 years ago is OK?

You really need to stop making excuses for the evil in this world. A federal tax is illegal at worst, unconstitutional at best.

I have no problem with people keeping their money rather than spend it to corner the opium market in Afghanistan or supply Al Qaeda with arms in Egypt and Syria, or even worse, to supply American police with the military arms needed to completely and finally destroy the American Dream.

The power part doesn't come from guns. Most suburbs have more weapons than the IRS. For that matter, the IRS and FBI *combined* are less heavily armed than Beaverton, Oregon.

It's a figure of speech... BUT the IRS has all the power, and it's clear there is a movement afoot for them (IRS, FBI, etc.) to be the ones with all the guns... If that happens, we'll all be labeled racketeers. (Or domestic terrorists)

I am not trying to support the IRS, but I don't see what the problem is. If they are using AR-15's, not M-16's, they are using the same type of gun that anyone who is legal to own a gun can. The gun ban that was going to make AR 15's illegal and along with them, numerous other ones, did not pass nor was it going to. Hype, fear, hell, could have been a conspiracy that some politicians who are in the pocket of Gun Manufactures had going on. I mean nobody can argue that a lot of companies and single individuals made a lot, a lot, and lots of money. The stock market/housing scam ran out of easy pickings and the war over seas is dwindling down, this could have been the easiest way to make warehouses full of money with no one ever to suspect it was the real reason for such a proposed ban. I understand this is going out on a limb but, has it not crossed anyone else's mind? I am glad the ban did not happen and do agree we need to be proactive for the next such attempt, but I can't help thinking about how many people are swimming throughout their new homes that are gorged with their new loads of cash. If the IRS is buying AR 15's, good, just more popularity for that rifle.

I think for most, the issue is not so much about the AR-15s, but the initial underlying issue of our accounting agency being officially armed at all. Many of us believe the IRS and Dept. of Education should not be enforcement agencies. They shouldn't be conducting raids or arrests on their own. They can work with the police or FBI when an arrest needs to be made.

I have no issue with police, FBI, or other enforcement agencies using the same armaments many of us use for personal defense. I do have issue with administrative agencies building their own private enforcement agencies. We've seen how well the ATF has handled this and many of us are concerned with the same sort of problems occurring in other agencies.

I think for most, the issue is not so much about the AR-15s, but the initial underlying issue of our accounting agency being officially armed at all. Many of us believe the IRS and Dept. of Education should not be enforcement agencies. They shouldn't be conducting raids or arrests on their own. They can work with the police or FBI when an arrest needs to be made.

I have no issue with police, FBI, or other enforcement agencies using the same armaments many of us use for personal defense. I do have issue with administrative agencies building their own private enforcement agencies. We've seen how well the ATF has handled this and many of us are concerned with the same sort of problems occurring in other agencies.

What difference does it make? The way I see it, this way they can conduct their own silly operations, rather than wasting FBI resources on so-called tax evasion.

I worked on the Edith Green federal building renovation in down town Portland. That building takes up 1 city block. The IRS has 4 floors of offices in there and on one of them is a room labeled "armory" on the blueprint. Never got to see it stocked obviously but, it was about 12'x18'.

I worked on the Edith Green federal building renovation in down town Portland. That building takes up 1 city block. The IRS has 4 floors of offices in there and on one of them is a room labeled "armory" on the blueprint. Never got to see it stocked obviously but, it was about 12'x18'.

Whoa dude, I've worked on that project as well as the new FBI building near the airport... and in both cases went through a thorough background check and signed papers stating "I shall not discuss ANY specific details of the physicals of the facility".

As much as I despise an abusive government, if you did any of the same (signing such documents) you shouldn't post such things... anywhere. It'll rain down on you like Noah's flood if you get into the crosshairs... especially with the likes of wikileaks going on these days.

Just sayin' :s0131:

So, chasing people for an illegal tax that expired 98 years ago is OK?

You really need to stop making excuses for the evil in this world. A federal tax is illegal at worst, unconstitutional at best.

I have no problem with people keeping their money rather than spend it to corner the opium market in Afghanistan or supply Al Qaeda with arms in Egypt and Syria, or even worse, to supply American police with the military arms needed to completely and finally destroy the American Dream.

We need a "dislike" option here for posts... I would be willing to bet the poster you responded to works for the beast, or has some association..

These fed buildings are usually pretty tall. Those who terrorize out of them have a big fall coming

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top