JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If this were to come to pass...it may be turning point in our history.
I say may , because , we as gun owners and dare I say Americans , really ain't united...
And to have a counter movement a united front is needed...Else all the little splintering groups will fizzle out or be hunted down.
Andy
Edit for spelling...thanks @No_Regerts ....:D

Agreed, unity has truly been lacking among gun owners for a long time. Considering the growing movement for 2A sanctuary cities as well as deputizing the citizens, I'd wager that some form of unity, at least in VA, is underway already.

I think sometimes people have to be forced to their absolute limits before they can set aside their differences and begin working together, even if just for a time.

I'm watching the events in Virginia closely. As hard as the government is pushing against the citizens there, they may just find they have laid the line that gun owners are willing to cross.

Is there a website that we can closely follow on these Virginia events?

Not any one in particular that I'm aware of. I'm on Twitter and that seems the best place for me to follow current events and breaking news. It's nice because I can pick and choose the best sources for that information, including a number of 2A groups and Twitter feeds.

If this were to come to pass...it may be turning point in our history.
I say may , because , we as gun owners and dare I say Americans , really ain't united...
And to have a counter movement a united front is needed...Else all the little splintering groups will fizzle out or be hunted down.
Andy
Edit for spelling...thanks @No_Regerts ....:D

Often turning points in our nation's history have not been times of united thought or action:

During the Revolutionary War period - Loyalists vs Patriots

During the Civil War - States rights vs Federalism

During Sufferage, Cilivil Rights movements, etc.

It seems to me the difference here is that some today hold on to and respect the inalienable rights as given by our Creator and enumerated in our founding documents, while others either see no value in such a birthright or hold to the belief that the State is the conferrer and denier of rights (at their whim.)

So not being united is nothing new...

How we deal with our differences and whether we hold and practice solemn convictions or merely proclaim ever changeable opinions may make a difference to those who look back on this period in our history.

Often turning points in our nation's history have not been times of united thought or action:

During the Revolutionary War period - Loyalists vs Patriots

During the Civil War - States rights vs Federalism

During Sufferage, Cilivil Rights movements, etc.

It seems to me the difference here is that some today hold on to and respect the inalienable rights as given by our Creator and enumerated in our founding documents, while others either see no value in such a birthright or hold to the belief that the State is the conferrer and denier of rights (at their whim.)

So not being united is nothing new...

How we deal with our differences and whether we hold and practice solemn convictions or merely proclaim ever changeable opinions may make a difference to those who look back on this period in our history.
Yes. It most certainly will be gun owners against gun owners if anything were to turn into full blown civil war... likely after a series of armed rebellions and insurrections... unfortunately.

Edit. Before anyone jump down onto my keyboard; I am referring here to the dynamics we see so often happening even in this forum.

There are no shortage of gun owners who would throw other gun owners under the bus for whichever cause, on all sides, just for being different.

How often do we hear "well, I think bump stocks are stupid and unnecessary, so the ban on them is fine by me"? Or "well I don't use an AR for hunting, so why would it affect me?" Or " no one needs magazines bigger than 10 (5 or 3 even) rounds for hunting, so what has that to do with me?"
Or "I don't care about semiautomatics, I just want the police to do their jobs taking them away from the crazies!"

:rolleyes: truly, we are our own worst enemy.

Notice any similarities between the compositions of the legislatures?:eek:

Remember, 2A Rights rally in Olympia 1/17/20:

Not topic at hand, and I had to look that term up. Still seems like a BS cop out baby killing theory to me.

Quite the opposite, if you read the homesteading part the hope is that laws would be crafted to only allow removal of the baby if it can safely be transfered to a new home. (saving the babies life while at the same time respecting the mothers rights as the landlord of her womb)

Yeah not the topic at hand though, I was just answering a question on that topic.

The guy who created it is pro life, so why would he come up with a theory to kill more babies? The Wikipedia entry isn't well worded though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top