JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
MEH...apparently her mom has the latest one. We do however have a blackberry and a couple Nokias if your interested.....

Really nice offer man:cool:

I'll check tomorrow and see what I can do with my carrier. I only have Macs in the house but for one old PC for my wife's work so Apple is easier for compatibility.

Not related to the OP's issue, but might save a little grief for those of you with the problem I ran into last summer with my old 5s. The charger quit working in my car first (sort of throwing me off the track - turns out a moving car was exaggerating the problem). Then all my chargers quit working unless I held the plugs just right. I assumed I'd have to replace the phone or at least the charger port. Not so.

Instead, I snipped the first half-inch off one of those Dollar Tree soft-picks, held my phone upright, and clawed a surprisingly big pile of lint, sawdust, sand and general pocket crap out of the charging hole. All my chargers work perfectly again.

Soft-Picks.JPG

Really nice offer man:cool:

I'll check tomorrow and see what I can do with my carrier. I only have Macs in the house but for one old PC for my wife's work so Apple is easier for compatibility.

Why not try the screen replacement man? Works perfectly fine for my buddy and saves a lot of cash... $25 bucks??? Could potentially save you more? Why not give it a shot....did I mention I hate iphones???

Why not try the screen replacement man? Works perfectly fine for my buddy and saves a lot of cash... $25 bucks??? Could potentially save you more? Why not give it a shot....did I mention I hate iphones???

I don't think so. :D

Depending how old it is you may take it to the Apple Store, my wife had a display issue with hers and took it in and they replaced it (it was 2 days short of a year) under the standard 1 year warranty.

Depending how old it is you may take it to the Apple Store, my wife had a display issue with hers and took it in and they replaced it (it was 2 days short of a year) under the standard 1 year warranty.

It's closer to 4 years old unfortunately but the do good work on them if they are less thena year - I've always had great service from Apple.

I've done a few screens now. If you're in any way technical it is pretty easy. Just buy the kit on Amazon and follow the videos on youtube.

If you need help pm me. You seem like a good guy so I can probably help you as long as you understand and accept any risks.

The main risk is peeling the antennae off the battery - it is pretty fragile so have a good flat razor blade and go slow and try not to bend the metal (it's basically a metallic sticker - kind of like an asset tag). If your battery is not so great you may want to replace it at the same time. You'll feel like you have a new phone.

I've done a few screens now. If you're in any way technical it is pretty easy. Just buy the kit on Amazon and follow the videos on youtube.

If you need help pm me. You seem like a good guy so I can probably help you as long as you understand and accept any risks.

The main risk is peeling the antennae off the battery - it is pretty fragile so have a good flat razor blade and go slow and try not to bend the metal (it's basically a metallic sticker - kind of like an asset tag). If your battery is not so great you may want to replace it at the same time. You'll feel like you have a new phone.

Very technically inclined so that shouldn't be an issue.

I wrote this thread and then all of a sudden the damn thing started working fine...o_O

It is happening on and off so I'll look into the kits on Amazon and compare that to what they are going for on CL. I looked on CL last night and there were quite a few 5 somethings in the $100 range.

Thanks for the offer of help:cool:. If I can't figure it out from the net and YouTube I take you up on it;).

If your screen isn't broke/cracked you may have a cable that's come loose from your constant drop tests.

6s line are coming down in the secondary market. $140 is steep for a device that's on the edge of not being upgradable for iOS.

The processor and screen size is worth having. Sure makes running websites like this better.

If your screen isn't broke/cracked you may have a cable that's come loose from your constant drop tests..

I was thinking this too. You can buy the tools (spunger and pry tools) pretty cheap. Pry it open and check everything. My daughter (10) dropped hers and cracked some internal pieces that were part of the screen assembly (and broke her screen) so it is possible something inside is broken or just loose.

Prying off the screen is pretty easy. The only thing on the 5s models that I found tricky was that antennae sticker.

I have a iphone (8gig) 4s that I used for about a week.
When I could not transfer files to my pc by drag and drop, I retired it.
For sale if anyone is interested. With otterbox.

I have a iphone (8gig) 4s that I used for about a week.
When I could not transfer files to my pc by drag and drop, I retired it.
For sale if anyone is interested. With otterbox.

They are hardly supporting the 5's software updates - the 4's have very minimal functionality other then as a phone while paying for a data plan.

At this time I'm going to limp it along and then Cruz CL and buy one and just transfer the SIM card over.

However, right after my kid got a phone warrentied she cracked the corner of her 6. It hasn't affected functionality yet but now I know I can find kits on Amazon I will probably do that for her birthday in a couple months instead of paying for someone else to do it.

I very much appreciate all of the suggestions and help, thanks for taking your time to help me out with this y'all :cool:

If you have att, I have an old LG Optimus G you can have. It's probably the same age as your iPhone, you'll just have to join us on the Android side :p

If you have att, I have an old LG Optimus G you can have. It's probably the same age as your iPhone, you'll just have to join us on the Android side :p

I'd rather walk the plank:D.

Appreciate the offer though:cool:.

Ya never know, my phone may completely die and I'll be pm'ing people eating crow:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top