JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Agreed about 4 way stops.

You'd hate getting into or leaving Bend on Highway 20 between Bend and Sisters.
Have that T shirt... They make a certain amount of sense in Europe (though NOT on the highways) due to restricted lane size and the more organic road layout in many areas. Here they are an annoyance and ODOT is in absolute love with them.

I'll admit I have limited experience with the round a bouts. HWY 14 camas/Washougal. And ran into a couple of them out around Verbort, between forest Grove and HWY 26. They were far apart and those, to me, were better than stopping at a light. Seeing how our road department heads here are such complete fools and morons? We have hundreds of traffic signals in potland/MultCo and very few are traffic actuated. Which, of course, frequently leaves you stopped, idling precious fuel away, whit no cars in the cross lanes.
I think there are places where they would work well though.
I'll try to find the animation, for some reason it's not on the ODT YT page. It's done very slowly and with just a few cars and it's incredibly difficult to follow even from a bird's eye view. At rush hour it's going to be a nightmare. Borland Rd/Wilamette Falls drive is essentially an extension of Highway 43 and is used a lot to take pressure off of I-205 during the parking lot rush hour. Traffic then jumps back on I-205 at the bridge or uses the old Oregon City bridge if they are headed that way.

It's going to be a nightmare.

I'll try to find the animation, for some reason it's not on the ODT YT page. It's done very slowly and with just a few cars and it's incredibly difficult to follow even from a bird's eye view. At rush hour it's going to be a nightmare. Borland Rd/Wilamette Falls drive is essentially an extension of Highway 43 and is used a lot to take pressure off of I-205 during the parking lot rush hour. Traffic then jumps back on I-205 at the bridge or uses the old Oregon City bridge if they are headed that way.

It's going to be a nightmare.
I'm/we, are lucky that we don't commute! I/we DO NOT go out and about in potland after 3:00pm. No further than a couple/three miles any way. bubblegumtiest drivers I've ever encountered drive in potland. 2 out of five are irredeemable!

It sounds like an fu to Oregon City because they essentially stopped the max line at the county border.
I didn't know that? Now that I think about it, seemed strange to me that all that work on track and they dead-end it at a dying "Shopping Mall"?

As I understand it, Clackamas County Commissioners originally approved expanding the MAX line into the County, but citizen opposition arose and the County backed out of the original plan. The commitment to extend the tracks to Oregon City was too far gone to back out of that part, but further construction has been suspended.

The opposition centered on the rise in crime connected to MAX lines being extended into previously low crime neighborhoods, especially in East Multnomah County. Criminals seemed to ride the MAX out to these areas from more central areas of the City to perpetrate crimes.

As I understand it, Clackamas County Commissioners originally approved expanding the MAX line into the County, but citizen opposition arose and the County backed out of the original plan. The commitment to extend the tracks to Oregon City was too far gone to back out of that part, but further construction has been suspended.

The opposition centered on the rise in crime connected to MAX lines being extended into previously low crime neighborhoods, especially in East Multnomah County. Criminals seemed to ride the MAX out to these areas from more central areas of the City to perpetrate crimes.
Basically they screwed me out of a lot of target practice I would have gotten once the runs from Gresham and Felony Flats to downtown Portland were no longer profitable (nothing left to loot) and then had to look elsewhere.

Boy-Howdy, if that ain't the truth! The Gateway Fred Meyer suffered terribly because of that. So mauch so that they permanently locked the West doors. And at a later time had ARMED security. Don't know if they still have security with firearms. We don't shop there much. I can imagine the melting snowflake's if one of them saw a "GUN on security making a federal case out of it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top