JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A man who broke into a Georgetown business Thursday night was shot dead by a store employee and a second intruder was held at gun point until police could arrive.

Two men who broke into the Sharp's Outdoor Power Equipment store just after 11:30 p.m. were confronted by a store employee, said Jeff Kappel with Seattle police.

The employee shot one of the intruders and held the other at gun point until police arrived. :s0155:

The wounded intruder was pronounced dead at the scene in the 5900 block of 4th Avenue South, and officers took the surviving intruder into custody.

Police are interviewing the employee to sort out what happened. The intruders have not yet been identified.

Intruder shot dead by store employee | 911 | Georgetown News

I also agree but unfortunately not every situation is the same. So these intruders weren't armed right...Is it legal to shoot unarmed robbers breaking into a business? does that fall under the castle law or what? You no longer have to feel your life is in danger to shoot them? These are serious Q's I don't know the answer too...be nice

I also agree but unfortunately not every situation is the same. So these intruders weren't armed right...Is it legal to shoot unarmed robbers breaking into a business? does that fall under the castle law or what? You no longer have to feel your life is in danger to shoot them? These are serious Q's I don't know the answer too...be nice

Cops say it was self-defence, so looks like the perps were armed.

got it. But can you legally shoot an unarmed burgler that is inside your home with your DVD player in hand? I wouldn't do it for moral reasons but I'm wondering if its legal. I thought I read a while back the castle law is iffy but it does cover this type of senario. I thought I read a story about a guy in Keizer shooting a young car stereo thief in his drive way and he got acquited too

2 vs one is mass attack.. plus the very act of breaking in is a violent felony. I have a wife to protect and so me go boom boom and will sleep well

You can but the DVD player has to be over his head in a treatening manor. Either way I can assure you he would be putting the DVD player down and not exiting my house with it. Well unless I was looking for an upgrade from the insurance money.

can you legally shoot an unarmed burgler that is inside your home with your DVD player in hand

when i come upon him and he is twenty and im 65 and im holding a gun,what am i gone to do give him a chance to disarm me?

I would guess,having been in a "power store" that there was plenty of weapons (ie: axes,hammers,various bladed tools,chains,shovels,rakes,forked tools,etc) to injure or kill someone.

Off topic,did y'all know that most of the weapons in martial arts were actually tools that the Okinawa farmers learned to defend themselves with?

Plus as BK said multiple intruders that just BROKE in.

I'm sure he isn't sleeping great,but I hope he knows he was justified in his actions

BTW, I would guess the people that say they would "sleep well" after a shooting,have never actually shot someone. Ask a war vet how long it takes to "sleep well"

can you legally shoot an unarmed burgler that is inside your home with your DVD player in hand

when i come upon him and he is twenty and im 65 and im holding a gun,what am i gone to do give him a chance to disarm me?

I don't care how old you are,in Seatac I just guessing you are justified.

got it. But can you legally shoot an unarmed burgler that is inside your home with your DVD player in hand? I wouldn't do it for moral reasons but I'm wondering if its legal. I thought I read a while back the castle law is iffy but it does cover this type of senario. I thought I read a story about a guy in Keizer shooting a young car stereo thief in his drive way and he got acquited too

yea... in oregon, anyway. i dont know what the WA law looks like. but in OR, we have a bona fide castle doctrine.

You can but the DVD player has to be over his head in a treatening manor. Either way I can assure you he would be putting the DVD player down and not exiting my house with it. Well unless I was looking for an upgrade from the insurance money.

BS. the statute does not make any stipulation- if somebody is committing the crime of burglary, you can blast his ***, and you're under no obligation to establish that you were threatened.

google "ORS 161.219"

yea... in oregon, anyway. i dont know what the WA law looks like. but in OR, we have a bona fide castle doctrine.

BS. the statute does not make any stipulation- if somebody is committing the crime of burglary, you can blast his ***, and you're under no obligation to establish that you were threatened.

google "ORS 161.219"

See the guy was ballsy enough to not give a fornication if YOU might be armed or not.Just go right in.
Does that seem like the thinking of o rash human being? Not caring if he will get shot or not?

This is all a "catch 22". Since I have a gun,I can not let him better me or he most definitely does pose a threat to my life,so as soon as he enters my abode,he is threatening my life.
To think otherwise is just naive.

See the guy was ballsy enough to not give a fornication if YOU might be armed or not.Just go right in.
Does that seem like the thinking of o rash human being? Not caring if he will get shot or not?

This is all a "catch 22". Since I have a gun,I can not let him better me or he most definitely does pose a threat to my life,so as soon as he enters my abode,he is threatening my life.
To think otherwise is just naive.

i dont disagree with you. its my feeling that 9 out of 10 scenarios, i'd shoot. but regardless of the reason, the law is very protective- you can have the best reason on earth, but it's not even needed. if he's there to commit residential burglary, he's already well within the scope of justifiable.

thank you
if a man comes into my home with bad intentions i don't need the government to sanctify my shooting its god given

God gives you the right to do any number of things that the government will lock you up for. so be all that as it may, it's still wise to know what your government thinks about something you chose to do. especially when we're dealing with things that have resulted in good men being locked up for the rest of their lives.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top