JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just because you live off grid doesn't mean that you don't have a phone, wireless Internet, and some form of satellite TV.

I hate that show, it gives anyone that isn't urban a bad name.

You can hear the cue cards being read in the tone of their voice. It is just all so stinking fake. I remember the episode that the dude shot himself in the hand, while trying to teach his kids...

Reality TV is far from reality.

As far as living completely off the grid, that's a cool thought, but no phones, internet, cable, use of the roads, nothing...that would be tough to do in this day and age. Look what happens to us when this site goes down for a few days!

I started to watch a spin-off of DP last night, 'Doomsday 101' and lost interest even quicker than I did with DP. I was trying to make the connection between ex - Marines and their experience and ability to teach 'prepping'.

IMO, if you are prevented from doing anything, by fear of ridicule, you probably aren't going to make it anyway. There are real situations and monsters out there to be afraid of! That is what one prepares for. Stupid azzed show!

I watch to see what people are prepping for and how they're prepping.

In addition I can evaluate what to do and what not to do.

I do like knowing the different reasons people prep, it keeps reminding me of why we should, because of anything.

There are good ideas on the show but you have to filter out the crap.

If I spent as much as people say they do on their endevours I sure as heck would not broadcast it, that's just plain stupid but that's also why I probably watch, so I feel better about myself (as sad as that sounds...)

I like the show. I learn things and get ideas occasionally, but mostly I find it entertaining. I'm wondering if they are running out of goofballs willing to go on the show though? The "prepper" in the islands whose only plan is to run away from the tsunami, drink his "p", and ask the plants and streams if it would be ok to consume them was... (non g-rated comment). But I still think the dumbest part of the show are the unamed "experts" at the end (economists and scientists) who say everything is fine - nothing is going to happen because we have it under control. lol

As far as living completely off the grid, that's a cool thought, but no phones, internet, cable, use of the roads, nothing...that would be tough to do in this day and age. Look what happens to us when this site goes down for a few days!

So that probably means we should prepare for it in some way. Think how dependent people have become on all things associated with the grid and net.

I have communications capability off any grid. Over the years I have compiled reference materials in book form. Animal science, construction principles, earth and structural engineering, car repair manuals, garden and farming texts, gun references, ham radio, slide rules, sextant, plant references, map reading, typo, aviation, detailed roads maps of areas with in 300 miles. I am trained at some level or other in all those areas. My kids dependent on the e form of things, but have looked at all the materials, know where they are located, and how to use them if SHTF.

Your world gets a lot smaller in a hurry off grid and net, but at least having a base level of skill and knowledge to begin work and life without those resources gives you a jump.

Live on a small family ranch for 20 years, one with-out a tractor, only shovels and a few power tools. If nothing else you'll learn why women were more than happy to stay in the kitchen where it was warm, dry and supplied with hot food. Of course you'll also learn that using a shovel for 20 years is a one-way ticket to spinal arthritis, spinal disc collapse, permanent nerve damage that leaves you a cripple for life

So that probably means we should prepare for it in some way. Think how dependent people have become on all things associated with the grid and net.

I have communications capability off any grid. Over the years I have compiled reference materials in book form. Animal science, construction principles, earth and structural engineering, car repair manuals, garden and farming texts, gun references, ham radio, slide rules, sextant, plant references, map reading, typo, aviation, detailed roads maps of areas with in 300 miles. I am trained at some level or other in all those areas. My kids dependent on the e form of things, but have looked at all the materials, know where they are located, and how to use them if SHTF.

Your world gets a lot smaller in a hurry off grid and net, but at least having a base level of skill and knowledge to begin work and life without those resources gives you a jump.

Oh, I'm not saying that I could not survive off grid...In fact, I wish a switch would flip some days and all the lights went out. Life is much simpler in my opinion. Work to live, or sit and die. Survival of the fittest as it were.

Oh, I'm not saying that I could not survive off grid...In fact, I wish a switch would flip some days and all the lights went out. Life is much simpler in my opinion. Work to live, or sit and die. Survival of the fittest as it were.

Some days I wish the flip would and stay that way for say six months, I figure in that amount time all the entitlement blood sucker would eaten each other and the surviving bloodsucker would have grown a brain and would no longer be contaminating the gene pool. Then we could flip the switch back on or just leave it off.

Some days I wish the flip would and stay that way for say six months, I figure in that amount time all the entitlement blood sucker would eaten each other and the surviving bloodsucker would have grown a brain and would no longer be contaminating the gene pool. Then we could flip the switch back on or just leave it off.

I'm afraid there are too many for 6 months...It would take years to "fix" all of the people in the world. The ones who are trying to take our guns right now would be the biggest problem. They would feel that the rest of us who have the know how to survive should be taking care of them as well. And guess what, they would be all about using guns to get what they want.

Nope, shut them off and leave them off. Bug out for a year, moving from place to place to avoid detection, and then look at starting up your homestead.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top