JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So....My neighbor and I each bought a Palmetto Dagger at the same time. Thought we'd use them as boat guns. I was only able to fire mine once before I had to head out to work but it worked fine. He just did finally get a chance to give his a try and the very first shot, the slide locked back and the bullet only made it half way down the barrel. He managed to get it cleared and tried again with the same results. I'm pretty sure he changed out the bullet type to eliminate it being a bad batch of bullets, but I work out on a ship (nights) and not there to confirm if he actually did. I am hearing this second hand so will get some more info tomorrow. Could a bad barrel cause this? I know PSA had a bad batch of Dagger barrels earlier in the year, but I was under the impression they had that fixed. Any ideas what else might cause this?

Bad ammo. Am guessing the weapons are test fired and a bad barrel would have shown up during manufacture, pre-assembly inspection, assembly or test firing. If the bullet is stuck, that can easily be fixed witha hardwood dowell and a rubber mallet. If he shot another bullet hoping to push the first one out - the barrel is toast.

Improper powder charge, way out of spec bullets, otherwise it's the barrel.

Lucky he didn't blow his gun up in his hand.
Yah, kind of where I'm at, just not sure if something else could do it. I'm pretty sure he used Norma ammo that was purchased months before the recent recall both times. I'll find out if he just used the same stuff and if so, get him to look down the barrel for any obvious issues and perhaps try another make/type of ammo.
Bad ammo. Am guessing the weapons are test fired and a bad barrel would have shown up during manufacture, pre-assembly inspection, assembly or test firing. If the bullet is stuck, that can easily be fixed witha hardwood dowell and a rubber mallet. If he shot another bullet hoping to push the first one out - the barrel is toast.
No he removed the first hangup before trying again. Wasn't sure if they did actually test fire them so good to know. I'll get him to try something else in it.

The market, due to crazy demand, is flooded with every manner of obscure third world, low-grade, mil-surplus, reloaded, slipshod or mass-produced bilge in Crapistan (profiteering) ammo and there will be some squib loads - even some overloads - in there. Stick with an ammunition company that may fix your gun if their ammo destroys it.

The market, due to crazy demand, is flooded with every manner of obscure third world, low-grade, mil-surplus, reloaded, slipshod or mass-produced bilge in Crapistan (profiteering) ammo and there will be some squib loads - even some overloads - in there. Stick with an ammunition company that may fix your gun if their ammo destroys it.
I hear you. I work nights on a ship so it takes a little time to get info from him, but I'm pretty sure he used Norma that we purchased last year before any recalls. Both 115g and 124g. He and I usually split orders and I've made it a point to stay away from any companies I've never heard of or that is so cheap it makes you go "Hmmm"..

Well, Norma is a revered Swedish brand, developer of several cartridges and makers of excellent ammunition, brass cases as well as powders. I know that they opened manufacturing in the US and the 9mm may be some of their pilot production. Normally, it is top shelf stuff.

Yah, kind of where I'm at, just not sure if something else could do it. I'm pretty sure he used Norma ammo that was purchased months before the recent recall both times. I'll find out if he just used the same stuff and if so, get him to look down the barrel for any obvious issues and perhaps try another make/type of ammo.

No he removed the first hangup before trying again. Wasn't sure if they did actually test fire them so good to know. I'll get him to try something else in it.
There was a recall on Ruag and Norma ammo recently. A friend in Chicago had the same exact problem with his batch of ammo.

Bought Wolf ammo for years, every cal. in bulk. Only duds I've ever had were a recent batch of 9mm bought last year. Unable to even chamber some, 99% of the time it's your ammo. I only reload everything now after that assuring 100% success. Doubt that Norma is the cause, never heard of the highest quality brass and bullets with defects.

It's boat-ish....

IMG_E5224.JPG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews