JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Been looking at another semi-auto pistol in 22WMR. Asking for user/first-hand input.

-- I know there is the AMT-II. I've got the 6" and 4 1/2". Absolutely no desire to own a 3 1/2".

-- Excel Ind. made the Excellerator. They are not around anymore. I found one for sale at a shop and the owner was VERY proud of his "New/unfired" pistol. (That was beat to heck and never cleaned after a day at the range). Needless to say, he would not admit to what he had, and I wasn't going to buy it for any amount of money after talking with him. Clearly his "story" didn't match the pistol..... Plus he was asking about $300 more than the sold prices on GB.

-- I have had the Kel Tec PMR for many years. If I remember correctly it eats just about anything that it is fed. *I don't recall it having issues with any particular ammo. (yeah, it's been a while since it's come out of the safe and made it to the range.)

-- For a number of years the Rock Island has had the XT. A few here on NWFA have posted that they have one and it seems to be good for them.

-- I have just heard about the Walther WMP.

I'm hoping that folks that have the Rock Island and the Walther will chime in. I wouldn't mind hearing about the Excellerator in case I run across one again.

Other than ammo cost, how do you like it? Are there any issues with a particular brand/weight of bullets? Reliability (FTF or FTE)?

Any other info that could sway me one way or the other?

Thanks for your input!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top